L driver crashes new GT3 that dad had at home for extended testdrive

No bulldust. A very good mate told me that the rich guy on the other side of his street had a new (?) burgundy GT3 home for long test before buying.

Somehow his learner driver daughter was driving it up the street vfast - but then hit another car (hard!)  barrelled out of that prang uncontrollably up the road into a T intersection then crashed (badly) into the front of house before stopping. Not sure if daddy was with her, but perhaps not (perhaps a demo of solo  'girlpowa' for Melbourne's  International Women's Day).

This happened this weekend in genteel Kew. I saw the house damage and I am waiting for more details. My mate cant stop smirking.

Wow thats pretty full on. Interested to know if the dad was in the car. Can imagine she would have just got scared and floored it accidentally but surely you'd only put someone in the drivers seat of a Porsche if they are competent and you especially wouldn't put an L plater in a dealers car!!

It will be interesting to see how this one pans out ....

Most insurance companies will cover L players in any car as long as the insured is in the car with them ...

Their policy is that they cover the learner as they deem it that you are driving. It was the only way I was going to let Jr drive the 911 cause as soon as he turned 17 and got his P's, they didn't want a bar of him ...

Our private insurance covered my daughter in our cars whilst on L’s but when we went to a dealer to test drive a car for her, she wasn’t allowed to drive it the dealer said their insurance didn’t cover L platers.  Most cars in the yards are on a floor plan finance program with different finance companies (mostly Mac Bank now) and they have very strict insurance requirements as the car is under secured funding. Going to be a very interesting story if it’s even in the media..

Perhaps the daughter just decided to grab the keys and have a go ,,,,,,,,my brother and I decided after finding the keys to take my Dads GT Falcon for a spin when we were young,,,I was 15 at the time and my brother was 9 we drove the car around the block a couple times only at slow speed 40 kph or 50  cause we were scared of the thing and it was a difficult beast to drive ,,big car no power steer and a clutch pedal that was very heavy,,,top loader gear box ...

A couple weeks latter the old man came home in a rage someone had told him they saw us cruising around in it  .........F**k Did we both get a beating over than one .........:Chuckle2:

My missus who used to be in insurance says.  Unless there was a signed waiver/she was specificly covered as a nominated driver/was supervised by a licensed driver who had her named as a driver etc, the damage is the responsibility of whoever took responsibility of the car. 

They're buggered if the above wasn't in place prior to taking the car. What has happened before in a similar situation with an Audi (though she thinks it was a P plater) was the test driver agreed to buy the car from the dealer AFTER the accident, and the dealer sorted the repairs under their insurance with the buyer also paying the excess. In effect, did a dodgy claim and all was good. 

S'pose the best way when test driving a car is don't let anyone drive it! 

24 minutes ago, Windsor289 said:

XR/ XT / XW / XY / XA or XB GT?

XY GT not a HO  but he did have a larger cam , upped compression ,,,loud free flow exhaust ,Holley etc was a pretty quick street car in the late 70,s when he got it ,,sold in 85 for good money,,,still claims today it was the only car he ever made money on ,,the bloody Ford ......remember him having a dummy spit in a servo when fuel hit 45 cent a liter was around 1983 or 84 I think ,,,he was complaining we would all be driving Jap crap 4 cylinders soon ...........:Chuckle2:

3 hours ago, Raven said:

Perhaps the daughter just decided to grab the keys and have a go ,,,,,,,,my brother and I decided after finding the keys to take my Dads GT Falcon for a spin when we were young,,,I was 15 at the time and my brother was 9 we drove the car around the block a couple times only at slow speed 40 kph or 50  cause we were scared of the thing and it was a difficult beast to drive ,,big car no power steer and a clutch pedal that was very heavy,,,top loader gear box ...

A couple weeks latter the old man came home in a rage someone had told him they saw us cruising around in it  .........F**k Did we both get a beating over than one .........:Chuckle2:

Haha :)  Dad had an XB GT.  He lived on a farm and threw me the keys to go and check the mail.  Mum jumped in the car and we drove down the dirt road to the mailbox.  We checked the box, I did a U turn and was heavy with the throttle.  The old tank stepped out, Mum started shouting at me and I held the slide for a moment before heading back to the farm.  

We got back to the house and Mum instantly tells Dad that I did a skid.  I was expecting a lecture, but he just shook his head.  :D

I miss that car :(

well, I call bulls**t, on 2 counts

1. burgundy GT3

2. "new" GT3 test drive

I don't doubt there was a sacrifice of metal but not a "new GT3". More likely a turbo or carrera if it was burgundy or an older car ;)

7 hours ago, AB_981 said:

1. burgundy GT3

2. "new" GT3 test drive

I don't doubt there was a sacrifice of metal but not a "new GT3". More likely a turbo or carrera if it was burgundy or an older car ;)

I thought the same. Figured all gen 2 gt3's would have been customer orders so nothing available for test driving surely? And burgundy....

On 12/03/2018 at 8:50 PM, AB_981 said:

1. burgundy GT3

2. "new" GT3 test drive

Me three. Thought the exact same things when I first read it.   

On 12/03/2018 at 9:20 PM, AB_981 said:

1. burgundy GT3

2. "new" GT3 test drive

Can't let the truth get in the way of a good story :Chuckle2:

Agreed. Story not factually correct. I've no doubt it happened, but one or more of the elements are exaggerated.

1. There were no test drives of the new GT3, and even if someone passed on it and one of the dealers had it for a day, there is no way in hell they would have let it out for an 'extended test drive'.

2. It didn't come in Burgandy (admittedly it could be a reference to Carmine Red - although that is hardly burgandy.)

3. The only other way this happened the way its been said is if someone ordered a 991.1 GT3 PTS Arena Red Metallic (the layman wouldn't know the difference between 991.1 and .2 anyway) and they traded it in on something else. I still find it hard to believe that they would let a near new GT3 out on an extended test. You'd have to be a very good client.

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

Agreed. Story not factually correct. I've no doubt it happened, but one or more of the elements are exaggerated.

1. There were no test drives of the new GT3, and even if someone passed on it and one of the dealers had it for a day, there is no way in hell they would have let it out for an 'extended test drive'.

2. It didn't come in Burgandy (admittedly it could be a reference to Carmine Red - although that is hardly burgandy.)

3. The only other way this happened the way its been said is if someone ordered a 991.1 GT3 PTS Arena Red Metallic (the layman wouldn't know the difference between 991.1 and .2 anyway) and they traded it in on something else. I still find it hard to believe that they would let a near new GT3 out on an extended test. You'd have to be a very good client.

Could be like the '70s, people thought that every 911 was a Carrera and every 911 with a whale tail was a Turbo.  So every new 911 is a GT3, cos they saw it on Top Gear.

Archived