12 minutes ago, Redracn said:

I think we need the notion of Hoon cyclist. 

Also silly point about getting exercise as its a given that it is a benefit.  

You also have not heard me call for registration or cyclists should pay tax etc. so it would seem you have no issue making up your own Facts. 

Happy if the hoon law was amended to include bicycles. As mentioned number of times above; idiots and bicycles are not mutually exclusive!

You were suggesting cyclists were clogging hospital beds from others, when the health benefits far out-way the costs.

Just generalizing tarring all motorists with the one brush as motorists seem to enjoy doing to cyclists. Not paying to use the roads and not having licence plates the more popular comments often bandied about.

I don't expect anyone to blindly follow if I move over and give a wave. Merely is a heads up given I am further around the corner to start getting ready that an opportunity to overtake is coming.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

Zero embellishment,I`ve lived here for nearly 40 years , so I think I would have a better idea of what goes on up here than you , with cars and busses  coming the other way, and 15 ignorant pricks riding 2 and 3 abreast up hill,with no concern for their own safety or how much they are inconveniencing others, waiting for just the right moment can take longer than anyone should have to wait.

Lived up on the mountain on and off for 15 years.....Also noted Steve, besides the short and long 60 klmph straights on either end for the first 4 ks, there is near on nowhere to overtake on most of the near on 30klm Tourist Road EVEN WITHOUT ONCOMING TRAFFIC IN SIGHT. From old Tremont servo to just short of Olinda shops, 7 ks, there is nowhere to overtake. From just past Browns Road to the Mt D shops, 8 ks, there is only 4 places to overtake, if you are keen, and must go over well the 60 klmph limit to achieve it safely

7 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Lived up on the mountain on and off for 15 years.....Also noted Steve, besides the short and long 60 klmph straights on either end for the first 4 ks, there is near on nowhere to overtake on most of the near on 30klm Tourist Road EVEN WITHOUT ONCOMING TRAFFIC IN SIGHT. From old Tremont servo to just short of Olinda shops, 7 ks, there is nowhere to overtake. From just past Browns Road to the Mt D shops, 8 ks, there is only 4 places to overtake, if you are keen, and must go over well the 60 klmph limit to achieve it safely

Don`t be so impatient, you should either wait forever or don`t bother overtaking at all, who are you to not sit back in awe at the majesty of the Me Only movement.

10 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

We've noticed

0D7jp7W.gif

There is a line about a pig that I won`t go into here

I am bike commuting these days - i actually think a higher portion of road funding should go to cycle lanes because every person riding to work is one less car or seat on the bus, and one less heart disease patient in the hospital.

It is a funny position to be in- both the cyclist and Porsche camps- there are d-heads in both camps that you suffer by association.  And occasionally I probably do something anti social on the bike or in the car.  

I just try to minimise that, I try not to be a d-head and I don’t let small things like others bad driving or inconsiderate cycling ruin my day.  It’s only when safety and injury becomes a factor that things need to step in- and quite often the d-head responsible needs to be confronted and not the group.

3 hours ago, Coastr said:

I am bike commuting these days - i actually think a higher portion of road funding should go to cycle lanes because every person riding to work is one less car or seat on the bus, and one less heart disease patient in the hospital.

It is a funny position to be in- both the cyclist and Porsche camps- there are d-heads in both camps that you suffer by association.  And occasionally I probably do something anti social on the bike or in the car.  

I just try to minimise that, I try not to be a d-head and I don’t let small things like others bad driving or inconsiderate cycling ruin my day.  It’s only when safety and injury becomes a factor that things need to step in- and quite often the d-head responsible needs to be confronted and not the group.

+1

My thoughts, exactly. 

I've had enough popcorn

I'll admit that I'm a little impatient when the two up/entitled cyclist muppets do what they do, BUT, I've now found it a lot less stressful in my own head to just let them go an be able to get on with driving to wherever I have to go, and I usually get a thank you wave which makes it worthwhile to be a little ore patient on my part. Saying that, if any of them touch my mirrors or give me shit, they'll see the impatient side of me pretty quickly

That's a pisser!

No overtaking problems this morn in the ranges- overall,  the 15 keen souls in Lycra that I came upon braving the zero temps, only 2 were abreast- every man for himself this morn, teeth chattering too much to chatter! My heater was blasting with the shitbox roof down!

49 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

That's a pisser!

No overtaking problems this morn in the ranges- overall,  the 15 keen souls in Lycra that I came upon braving the zero temps, only 2 were abreast- every man for himself this morn, teeth chattering too much to chatter! My heater was blasting with the shitbox roof down!

Word must have gotten out 

Wow there's a lot of anger in here for a group of such enlightened Porsche enthusiasts.  Now if one of the things that makes you angry is having to pause and overtake people riding two abreast you are living quite a fortunate life.  I find the logic behind this rage confusing, I haven't seen anyone ever get out of their car and abuse someone jay walking (actually illegal) yet I have born the brunt of enraged drivers getting out of their car screaming at me for riding two abreast.  

I am sure these Porsche drive days aren't enjoyed by all either, some people may speed, cross double lines, take up carparks in a quiet town, cram into cafes and fill it with noise.  

Be tolerant people, life can't be that bad that two cyclist riding alongside each other warrants this much anger.

I am in agreement with you cafe racer. 

A bunch of intolerant people on here who simply can't understand any other point of view other than theirs.

There are plenty of different points of view....

Vegan vs other

Cyclist vs other

Pepsi vs other

Nike vs other

Air cooled vs other

Gamer vs other

Hetero vs other

Porsche vs other

Recycle vs other

Lover vs other

List writers vs other

This morning I went to a cafe place, it had motor bikers with their obnoxious exhaust notes, road cyclists with their MTB shoes, V8 car drivers with their poor fuel economy, flat white drinkers sitting next to piccolo drinkers, vegans and their alfalfa sprouts, bacon boys and their fat guts, and me with my normal wife and our regular 12 yr old son.....

Good grief, it was a real mix of weirdos and as far as I could tell, no one wanted to cause pain or injury to the other which is unlike the people on this forum who as best as I can tell would leap across the area and beat each other group to a pulp.

If the law allows trucks, buses, tractors or other slow moving road users to be on the road, then as another legal road user, you deal with it graciously.

3 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Wow there's a lot of anger in here for a group of such enlightened Porsche enthusiasts.  Now if one of the things that makes you angry is having to pause and overtake people riding two abreast you are living quite a fortunate life.  I find the logic behind this rage confusing, I haven't seen anyone ever get out of their car and abuse someone jay walking (actually illegal) yet I have born the brunt of enraged drivers getting out of their car screaming at me for riding two abreast.  

I am sure these Porsche drive days aren't enjoyed by all either, some people may speed, cross double lines, take up carparks in a quiet town, cram into cafes and fill it with noise.  

Be tolerant people, life can't be that bad that two cyclist riding alongside each other warrants this much anger.

You guys always leave out the important bit, two cyclists riding next to each other is absolutely fine, unless it’s uphill on a single lane ,unbroken lined,twisty road that there is nowhere to pass safely or legally. Peoples actions dictate others reactions.

4 hours ago, jakroo said:

I am in agreement with you cafe racer. 

A bunch of intolerant people on here who simply can't understand any other point of view other than theirs.

There are plenty of different points of view....

Vegan vs other

Cyclist vs other

Pepsi vs other

Nike vs other

Air cooled vs other

Gamer vs other

Hetero vs other

Porsche vs other

Recycle vs other

Lover vs other

List writers vs other

This morning I went to a cafe place, it had motor bikers with their obnoxious exhaust notes, road cyclists with their MTB shoes, V8 car drivers with their poor fuel economy, flat white drinkers sitting next to piccolo drinkers, vegans and their alfalfa sprouts, bacon boys and their fat guts, and me with my normal wife and our regular 12 yr old son.....

Good grief, it was a real mix of weirdos and as far as I could tell, no one wanted to cause pain or injury to the other which is unlike the people on this forum who as best as I can tell would leap across the area and beat each other group to a pulp.

If the law allows trucks, buses, tractors or other slow moving road users to be on the road, then as another legal road user, you deal with it graciously.

Lycra wearing push bike warrior V’s Every other road user.

I would really like to see how tolerant the lycra clad road warriors who seem to think they are competing and that the road is theirs would be to pederstrains blocking (ruining the training session) them and slowing them down to walking pace for 10km. 

When it comes to curtesy on the road I have had large trucks, RV’s, 4x4, normal cars, many locals in Tassie(thanks guys?), commuting push bike riders, tractors etc be courteous and move over. In fact commuting PB riders are not a problem? I have never had a lycra clad group of push bike riders show any form of courtesy at all and this is from flat open roads to steep up hill climbs with no possibility of overtaking for 10km. 

When I am driving my 110kw outback 4x4 I always make it easy for anybody that comes up behind me to get by even if that means pulling over. 

If you wear lycra and ride in groups you seriously need to show some respect for ALL the other road users including those in trucks, 4x4, RVs. Pedestrians etc.

Perhaps it is the lycra wearing PB rider that is the problem and not every other driver out there but it seems the line that “the law allows us to do it” overrides courtesy and common sense once the lycra is pulled on. 

Cyclist's ride two abreast where they can and its permitted because they are aware that most people are out to get them, one only has to read through the comments in this thread.  Seriously its to do with making the drivers consciously move to go around you and on a two lane road actually move into the other lane to pass. 

Someone else called out that it's a really great day out on the bike when someone passes within 50cm of you at over 60 kph.  You'd as a driver be pissed if someone did that when you were in a car, let alone on a 7 kilo bike.

I mainly ride in Sydney and outside Melbourne and I've never seen a group of cyclists riding up a climb and blocking a road, most are very aware of cars behind them, particularly on a climb that isn't straight as we're acutely aware of the discrepancy in closing speeds.  

And as I get older, if I want to drive my car fast, I go to a race track.  

4 minutes ago, 1q2w3e4r said:

Someone else called out that it's a really great day out on the bike when someone passes within 50cm of you at over 60 kph.  You'd as a driver be pissed if someone did that when you were in a car, let alone on a 7 kilo bike.

Oh Yeah.....

So I guess that would be like me walking on the shared bike/walking path, when I get passed by some lunatic doing Mach1 on his racing bike,

firstly not bothering to ring a bell or yell out that he's coming up behind me:PissedOff:

(maybe pedelling and ringing a bell at the same time is a bit hard for some of these people)

And secondly flying past me at arms length distance or less.......:o

Yeah, ok Now I see that...:Confused02:

Solution..........maybe people shouldn't be allowed to walk on the walking path.:wacko:   

The moral of the story is there are responsible people out there in cars and on bikes.

AND.....unfortunately.........there are spankers in/on both ....

6 minutes ago, Niko said:

Oh Yeah.....

So I guess that would be like me walking on the shared bike/walking path, when I get passed by some lunatic doing Mach1 on his racing bike,

firstly not bothering to ring a bell or yell out that he's coming up behind me:PissedOff:

(maybe pedelling and ringing a bell at the same time is a bit hard for some of these people)

And secondly flying past me at arms length distance or less.......:o

Yeah, ok Now I see that...:Confused02:

Solution..........maybe people shouldn't be allowed to walk on the walking path.:wacko:   

The moral of the story is there are responsible people out there in cars and on bikes.

AND.....unfortunately.........there are spankers in/on both ....

You don't dare walk two abreast holding up joggers and power walkers in lycra do you Niko?:rolleyes:;)

8 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

You don't dare walk two abreast holding up joggers and power walkers in lycra do you Niko?:rolleyes:;)

haha no ....At least I can hear joggers and power walkers coming....

Although there are not too many power walkers around Carrum Downer at 7 in the morning.

Archived