What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Thanks to Niko & Mike for pointing out the loose hose hanging from my front end during the 11/11 SMT. Today I had time to get under the car and remove the old hose.

The PO had removed the A/C during the conversion to RHD way back in 1990, unfortunately some hoses and a few other bits and pieces were left in the car.

The loose hose was actually cable-tied to the front sway bar.

DSC02657.jpg

Here's the compressor end cable-tied in the engine bay.

DSC02670.jpg

After half an hour of crawling under the car, I undid 6 hose clips and removed the offending hose. I replaced the clips with their rubber washers to prevent water getting into the holes in the floor pan.

The culprit..

DSC02679.jpg

Now I have to clear all the other leftovers out. Another day...

Hey Uncle,

my vote is for the centre locks, the offset on the Simmons' just doesn't look right.

Either way, I can't get past that blue! Love it!

btw is the front hood cf? you were obviously thinking of the track stewards by contrasting the triangle for them. ;)

Thanks to Niko & Mike for pointing out the loose hose hanging from my front end during the 11/11 SMT. Today I had time to get under the car and remove the old hose.

The PO had removed the A/C during the conversion to RHD way back in 1990, unfortunately some hoses and a few other bits and pieces were left in the car.

No worries, just looked a bit worriesome from the rear vision mirror. Should go like a PANAM 747 now with all that useless weight gone.

No worries, just looked a bit worriesome from the rear vision mirror. Should go like a PANAM 747 now with all that useless weight gone.

Cheers Niko,

The hose doesn't weigh that much. The box of surplus bits is getting full and there's plenty more to come.

The real worry was the hose falling out even further and getting caught up in the steering, drive shafts etc, and ending up like PANAM...a once great icon reduced to a gutted wreck :(

Hey Harvs nice work on the AC pipe. I've got the same job to do myself.

No bonnet is not Carbon..yet. I am afraid to say the Blue is going though. The paint on the car is not much chop up close.

Steamwolf fitted the Simmons to his car today while I was checking the choke size in my weber's. They look freaking awesome on a narrow body car!

I am going to stick with the centerlocks for the moment I think and place these up for sale if anyone wants them pop me a P.M

IMG_0142-1.jpg

And to keep on topic: Not today but couple of weekends ago had new tyres mounted, new rotors, brake pads, new calipers, braided lines, new Bilsteins and new torsion bars installed and in preparation for the club super sprint day installed 993 air deflectors and a tow hook.

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0852-1.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

And to keep on topic: Not today but couple of weekends ago had new tyres mounted, new rotors, brake pads, new calipers, braided lines, new Bilsteins and new torsion bars installed and in preparation for the club super sprint day installed 993 air deflectors and a tow hook.

IMG_1113.jpg

Hi Randall,

I need to fit a tow hook for trackdays (SC with none fitted by factory). Could you post a pic of how yours is mounted please? Is it easily removed when not needed?

Thanks,

Harv.