What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

What I did this week was....put on a set of 19" Autoart wheels (basically copies of my old Cargraphic rims, also had the centres sprayed dolphin grey) and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres. These are supposedly the new 'hot' road tyre, according to Tirerack reviewers in the US. Went a bit wider in front from 9 to 9.5in, and 245/35 to 265/30, the same size I had on my 07 RS with Cargraphic wheels. Rolling radius changed slightly, but not enough to upset electronics. Rears stay at 12in and 325/30 (!).

Looks amazing, will post pics tomorrow with Chris's help. No fouling, due to the factory fenders which are wider than normal. Feels excellent on road, seems a bit softer than the Pirelli Trofeo's which are more suited to the track? Havent given them a good run yet, will do Mornington drive tomorrow. BTW had to alter front camber to -3' in order to get them to sit under fenders neatly. But no initial 'dartiness'....so all seems good. Sorry to bore you all with this, but to me the right wheel/tyre mix is all important...

. Sorry to bore you all with this, but to me the right wheel/tyre mix is all important...

Not boring at all, and that is the whole point of this thread. It's a way to share all the little things we all do to our car to bunch of ppl who are just as excited to read about it because most of our non porsche friends would be bored witless if we even mention cool stuff like finding the right offset rims lol

Hi Davidd,

"Sorry to bore you all with this"

No, not boring at all.

You have two very special and very rare cars!!

I believe both 993 GT2 and 997 GT3RS 4.0 had a very limited production run.

Would love to see them, do you have any pics.

check chris's link under 'gratuitous Porsche pics' thread.

Nice work !.. What tyres are they.....?

They look like Yokohama ao48's

well spotted, they are A048's 205/50 & 225/50 R15 medium compound.

Traction Tyres in Rowville had a special on these. I'd prefer to go for a softer comp. on the front but for the price I don't mind. I might get a little bit of understeer with mediums all around but I can compensate with pressures.

See you on the next track day Mike.

Sorry to bore you all with this, but to me the right wheel/tyre mix is all important...

+1 not boring

sharing your experience could help someone else decide on a choice or provide a solution for an issue with their own car.

Keep it coming, what ever it is.

Randall,

Thanks for posting the pics. This seems to be a nice light weight non-invasive method of fitting a tow strap. My concern is that the strap runs against the tin under the bumper. This could cause damage when a load is applied.

I would be more comfortable with a screw in type such as the Rennline hook which threads into a replacement bumper mount tube.

This means more work cutting a hole into the bumper and rubber strip but it is neatly plugged with the supplied cap.

I agree that it is less than perfect, I fitted it few days before the last club supersprint in order to get through the scrutineering. There is a slight chance that piece of tin under the bumper may get damaged but this seemed the safest option and at this stage I am happy with it as I do not attend that many supersprints and have no intentions of doing any off track excursions (famous last words). :D

If I start doing supersprints more frequently I will certainly look into Rennline option or something similar.

Loving this thread!

Today woke up with a hangover and thought that some of my engine bits needed a polishing..

So here we are now:

file-26.jpg

As soon as i finished, My mate rocked up with his stripped out DC2 street track car and an hour later another mate rocked up with his S13 with a boosted K20 drift car and spoke about cars/motors/engineering for the rest of the night!