911 Safari

There is a lot of weight to be saved by eliminating the factory washer reservoir 😄

Seriously, a good friend in the HRA rallied a 911 SC for a few years, based on the Tuthill example. He broke a torsion bar (snapped like a carrot ) I had never seen that before.

IMG_30111533590428.JPG

26 minutes ago, Uncle said:

I can't tell you how much I like this. I haven't felt the need for a G series car for years but this is something I could work with.

A 964/4 version would go well at your farm.  It will need a whale tail and roof rack to carry the hay bails though.  Or maybe a targa or cab to throw the odd sheep, lamb or calf in the back.  Leave the front bonnet off and make it into a true "fr-ute".  Possibilities are endless 😎

I took it for a good shakedown on the weekend to test it out in the snow and mud. I even managed to find a couple of little river crossings. But it was in the mud that it was really impressive. The level of grip and the way the car ‘hooks up’ in the deep stuff was amazing.

C37BD745-A7AE-40FC-B8CF-BA95BD365D36.jpeg

1783C24E-A86A-4277-8FCC-69865D7E851F.jpeg

5CDF2EBA-930B-4F93-AFFB-BA1CAD3AA67A.jpeg

Just trying to get permission to post some photos and details of a Tuttle 911 restoration / rebuild being done over here in prep for SE African Rally and Round the World Cup next year.  Bright orange, very impressive so far.  Hopefully owner approval won't be far away....

I guess you could call this a "teaser" 😉

9 hours ago, OBRUT said:

Lose the shark fin and add a roof rack. Done. 

I’ve already welded up a custom bike rack/maxtraxs holder using a Yakima bar at the front, which sits about inline with top of the rear window and then two sea sucker mounts which suction on to the engine lid. I just need to send it off to get powder coated when I get a chance

4 hours ago, Uncle said:

You glorius bastard. 

Find one ASAP and join the party. Of all the P cars and stupid pricey Italian cars that are in the garage. This is buy far the most fun and enjoyable. It even still handles twisty tarmac but it’s the massive 3rd gear slides on gravel that will get you hooked.  Do yourself a favour and build one. You won’t regret it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...