Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Car is back from T&D, would you believe a new set of points fixed it?

Bonus is that I now have some history on the vehicle as they had been looking after it for the previous owner and gave me a print out of the work done. Quite an extensive list.

Good info like the fact that it has a 915 LSD and was previously a Sporto. New clutch not so long ago. New brake lines, front calipers etc etc.

And my Wevo short shift arrived in the post today so project for the weekend.

Well thats a great outcome! and no more misfire too......

Did the Back fire damage anything upwind?

Nothing. Apparently with new points you have to really clean them and make sure there is absolutely no moisture around. And emery paper is a no no. High tech! I though points loved a good emery rub to clean them up but wrong again it would seem.

Managed to drive from Nerang to Murwilumbah via the Hinze Dam.  (It is a very big dam).  

14530881614_fee5c16e49_z.jpgDSC_0083 by byronbaychris, on Flickr

14531346372_c21118b0d1_z.jpgDSC_0094 by byronbaychris, on Flickr

14509249616_84318fc494_z.jpgDSC_0093 by byronbaychris, on Flickr

Then via Mooball, where the main buildings, telephone polls etc are all painted like cows.

14507843266_91da8586b1_z.jpgDSC_0063 by byronbaychris, on Flickr

Last night I arrived home at the same time as my neighbour.  He had his two young grandsons staying for the school hols.  I had a chuckle to see them hanging out the car windows trying to get a better look at my car as I turned into my drive.  They'd been looking (don't touch!) at Maseratis at the local dealer earlier in the day so I figured I could do better.  I took each for a quick ride around the local back streets..  Good fun.

Guest Harold

On Wednesday I drove the car for the first time in a month. Went from home to terrey hills and back, the princely total of 21 kms. Then we went out on the boat and I probably won't sit in it again for a few weeks. Still, it is nice to look at!

Monthly coffee/cars , only the hardy souls were out in the rain today. It was a case of blueblueblueblueblueblueblue.

CC1.jpg

Gotta love the tarp ; can't see the bilge pump though.

CC2.jpg

Just like my great uncle's in the 50s

CC4.jpg

Ducktail on a shark?

CC5.jpg

The Tidal Pools sculpture , formerly in the Sydney CBD , by recently deceased sculptor Stephen Walker.

CC6.jpg

I learnt about timing chain gears on a '34 Riley Brooklands today. It's good to get amongst the wise ol' owls now and again.

We went to look at a house in littlehampton, then for a quick squirt over to Hahndorf with the intention of having lunch. It was busy as. Ended up doing a bit of shopping in the German store instead. Now tucking in to some wurst & sauerkraut.

Monthly coffee/cars , only the hardy souls were out in the rain today. It was a case of blueblueblueblueblueblueblue.

CC1.jpg

Gotta love the tarp ; can't see the bilge pump though.

CC2.jpg

The Spyder driver is extra hardy.

Drive and lunch with an old colleague and mentor whom I hadn't seen for 15 years. Of course he had plenty of stories , and I had always admired the 928S he bought new in '86. He sold a lot of shares on a whim , paid $141,000 (in '86) , and in 87 the shares previously worth $1.20 had crashed to 5c. He made a smart intuitive decision and the car is still his  :) It has the later 32v engine but otherwise is pretty similar. Took him for a drive and mine is , er much louder. Also the secret kickdown solenoid is non-operational in his car (as was mine until I discovered it) - I promised to fix it before his 81st birthday as he enjoyed the G forces in mine.

Here are the cars making friends. There will be more meetings...

928Sx21.jpg

928Sx22-1.jpg

Good times!

Drive and lunch with an old colleague and mentor whom I hadn't seen for 15 years. Of course he had plenty of stories , and I had always admired the 928S he bought new in '86. He sold a lot of shares on a whim , paid $141,000 (in '86) , and in 87 the shares previously worth $1.20 had crashed to 5c. He made a smart intuitive decision and the car is still his  :) It has the later 32v engine but otherwise is pretty similar. Took him for a drive and mine is , er much louder. Also the secret kickdown solenoid is non-operational in his car (as was mine until I discovered it) - I promised to fix it before his 81st birthday as he enjoyed the G forces in mine.

Here are the cars making friends. There will be more meetings...

Good times!

Great story and photos.   28 years old and they still look grouse....

Yesterday I went down to Cars and Coffee Melbourne which gave me a bit of a run but got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway through the city which left me yearning for a longer run later in the day but before I knew it the day was over.

This morning headed up to Sherbrooke in the Dandenongs for some breakfast and it was so nice the day turned into a full days driving winding my way up to Seville, then Healsville to Warburton then back through Gembrook, Belgrave and the home in Burwood.

Total kms for the weekend was a bit over 250!  :D

Now to make up for the housework that I didn't do whilst I was playing with my Porsche  :(