997 Carrera S market?

4 hours ago, JLD said:

I'm potentially in the market for a 997 and all the current offerings on Carsales are overpriced for what they are. And they are sitting for months unsold

Everyone has got the memo that it's no longer 2021 inflated prices except for P car owners (maybe a couple of Landcruiser owners too) 🤫

5 hours ago, JLD said:

I'm potentially in the market for a 997 and all the current offerings on Carsales are overpriced for what they are. And they are sitting for months unsold

Carsales have fixed the problem 😂

• 3 weeks later...

For those who have been watching the market for longer than I do, what do you guys think is a fair price for 997.1 and 997.1 S manual coupe? I remember when I was looking in 2019 there were still sub-100k example, there was even high mileage one sold for around 60k if I remember correctly.. Now when I open carsales, they're all >100k? 

1 hour ago, rufmichan said:

For those who have been watching the market for longer than I do, what do you guys think is a fair price for 997.1 and 997.1 S manual coupe? I remember when I was looking in 2019 there were still sub-100k example, there was even high mileage one sold for around 60k if I remember correctly.. Now when I open carsales, they're all >100k? 

I’ve been on and off tracking the 997 non S market since 2018/2019. 

997 manual coupe 80K to 100k (dependant on condition, Kim’s and service history) 

997S manual coupe 110k to 130k  (dependant on options, condition, Kim’s and service history)

There was an atlas grey with 145k on the clock that was going for 67k in 2019, I noticed it on car sales a few weeks ago for 105k and it disappeared with around 155k on the clock now. (New owner probably did the IMS and maybe other items)

Hope this helps somewhat 

• 1 month later...

Have also recently started looking at 997.1S s as an alternative to buying 18" wheels and new seats for my 996.

Do 997.1s come in anything other than black or grey?! And the other thing I noticed is that none of them seem to have the sport seats fitted, adaptive or otherwise. Was this just never a common option in Australia?

PS: UK cars are tempting cause of the lack of the sunroof!

3 hours ago, AndrewM said:

Have also recently started looking at 997.1S s as an alternative to buying 18" wheels and new seats for my 996.

Do 997.1s come in anything other than black or grey?! And the other thing I noticed is that none of them seem to have the sport seats fitted, adaptive or otherwise. Was this just never a common option in Australia?

Black and Silver is the go to colour for most 997’s, very rare to see a white or red 997.S and yes you’re right in AUS the sport seats or adaptive wasn’t common to be ticked.

Wonder if any of the brains trust knows what these options cost back in the day?

Don’t think adaptive was very common on manufacturers option list back in 2005?

3 hours ago, AndrewM said:

I just went through the same thing buying a cayenne gts. I set up a search excluding black, grey, silver etc. Found a cracker in Carmine red. Narrows the field and saves time. 

I have a client selling a silver 997.2 C2S PDK cab with 77k km if any interest please hit me up. Based in Sydney. I’m just working out price with him atm

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2005-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-manual/SSE-AD-16879125

This one was for sale for a while, the current owner bought it a couple weeks back and listed it for sale within a few days. He's added yellow calipers and half cage.

Aus delivered, has had engine rebuild (IMS failure was the cause) and seems like a nice car. Kms are a bit high....I was considering but the quick sale in concerning, maybe it has an underlying issue 🤷‍♂️

Didn’t realise it was only purchased recently. What was the original asking price before this owner. 
Does look ok value if all checks out. 

3 hours ago, sjm said:

Didn’t realise it was only purchased recently. What was the original asking price before this owner. 
Does look ok value if all checks out. 

I'm not 100% but it was around $110k. Apparently the current owner paid $100k. 

1 hour ago, kov said:

Did you ask him why is he selling after a few weeks?

He wants an old school Mazda, like an RX3 or similar. 

13 minutes ago, t888 said:

Looks to have a fire extinguisher too under passenger seat? 

Kinda hard to believe the roll cage is just for looks. 

The cage only just went in, like within the last week. He fit it even after deciding he was going to sell 🤷‍♂️

Seems like good value but I feel like there may be more to the story.

On 16/03/2024 at 21:04, kov said:

Black and Silver is the go to colour for most 997’s, very rare to see a white or red 997.S and yes you’re right in AUS the sport seats or adaptive wasn’t common to be ticked.

Wonder if any of the brains trust knows what these options cost back in the day?

Don’t think adaptive was very common on manufacturers option list back in 2005?

I'll rummage around and see if I can find the invoice for mine as it is a highly optioned car. I've put it away for safe keeping about 10 years ago and haven't seen it since :Chuckle2:

From memory my car was ~$240k drive away. (I'm the second owner)