997 Carrera S market?

Totally agree, I have verified a number of cars over the years for PFA members both personally and professionally. Looked at the GTS at PCSS for a Qld member only last week as part of the negotiation.

It’s greatest thing about this PFA community, knowledge and willing to help other.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

High probability I’m going to be listing my 997.1 Carrera 2 Tiptronic Coupe, low kms (71k) Aussie delivery, Arctic silver, 06 (so no IMS issue), full and proper service history, Inc recent service, brakes, tyres, Öhlins R&T coil overs and new PCCM+ 

Whats the consensus on value? 

12 hours ago, edgy said:

High probability I’m going to be listing my 997.1 Carrera 2 Tiptronic Coupe, low kms (71k) Aussie delivery, Arctic silver, 06 (so no IMS issue), full and proper service history, Inc recent service, brakes, tyres, Öhlins R&T coil overs and new PCCM+ 

Whats the consensus on value? 

I thought all 997.1 Carrera and Carrera S have IMS issue?

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Joz said:

Are these the cars that can suffer from bore score on cylinder 6?

Yes, any M97 engine be it in a Cayman, Boxster or 911 can show signs of bore score. Seems to be more common in 997.1 S with the 3.8 but can affect all of them. Ask me how I know 😳

This got relisted today at Porsche Sydney South. Has been on sale since last October. My old man was really close to buying it earlier this year but walked away based on some items that were not adequately disclosed (e.g. windscreen chips, rear seat had some slight damage), plus they wouldn't remove the old PPF for $1k..... Clearly dodged a bullet there since no one has bought it

https://finder.porsche.com/au/en-AU/dealer/details/porsche-911-carrera-gts-coupe-preowned-59059V?condition=classic 

2 hours ago, The Bern Dog Experience said:

This got relisted today at Porsche Sydney South. Has been on sale since last October. My old man was really close to buying it earlier this year but walked away based on some items that were not adequately disclosed (e.g. windscreen chips, rear seat had some slight damage), plus they wouldn't remove the old PPF for $1k..... Clearly dodged a bullet there since no one has bought it

https://finder.porsche.com/au/en-AU/dealer/details/porsche-911-carrera-gts-coupe-preowned-59059V?condition=classic 

How does it compare to the October price?

This appeals to me but does anyone know where the market is at today for a manual 997.1 C2S?

Been so long since I’ve actually seen one sell I don’t know … this one seems comparable has sat forever … on CC I reckon it would be passed in for sub $100k … but buying it private? Any thoughts or known recent sales to guide? 

1 hour ago, JWM said:

This appeals to me but does anyone know where the market is at today for a manual 997.1 C2S?

Been so long since I’ve actually seen one sell I don’t know … this one seems comparable has sat forever … on CC I reckon it would be passed in for sub $100k … but buying it private? Any thoughts or known recent sales to guide? 

Trying to catch a falling knife is always tricky. I reckon a clean one with the right options would be $100-$110 assuming you can find a seller. Don’t forget sport chrono makes a big difference on these.

I've been watching the market for over 6 months now and have seen cars disappear when their asking prices have been well up in the $140k range and then some down to as low as $110k odd. Key word being 'asking', likely to have sold below that figure.

The median advertised price I have seen these cars disappear at have been in the 115-125k bracket however, possibly down to the options, odometer reading and just luck of having a buyer in the right state/location as the car I would assume. 

Imported cars $90-100k.

Above prices are based on carsales ads. Looking at collecting cars, the numbers are 10-15% lower which makes sense considering fees and whatnot, when actually sold.

This one sold at Richmonds about 3 years ago at around 100k and 100000km’s. Nice clean car ( saw it Friday) I don’t mind the grey interior as my previous was virtually identical and with carbon pack it breaks interior colour up. The wheels in my opinion are classy and are my favourite on 997.1.