997 Carrera S market?

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, The Bern Dog Experience said:

Listed last Friday and surprised it still hasn't sold. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2011-porsche-911-carrera-gts-997-series-ii-auto-my12/SSE-AD-13075489/?Cr=0 

they are asking for $275k……that’s the issue I’d think….. 

2 hours ago, mc968cs said:
9 hours ago, The Bern Dog Experience said:

Listed last Friday and surprised it still hasn't sold. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2011-porsche-911-carrera-gts-997-series-ii-auto-my12/SSE-AD-13075489/?Cr=0 

they are asking for $275k……that’s the issue I’d think….. 

Description says deposit taken!

Im not sure the price is that bad......?

Lots going for it (other than colour)

1 - 997.2 (so PDK)

2 - GTS (rare - nice options std - i.e GT2 Side Skirts, Extra leather etc...)

3 - Only 23000 Klms.... its like 2300 per year....!!

4 - Full Porsche Warranty (Easily worth dble the actual cost for peace of mind)

5 - Centre locks (ok Debatable - love em or hate me - personally not for me)

6 - Appears to  be one owner?

7 - No others available?

I mean with 997 AUTO series 1 TT selling for mid $250k???? - is it that bad?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sengkeng said:

Hi all, are the black cars not desirable or something?

Batman disagrees :cool07:

Black cars require more work to keep looking clean. For those enthusiasts who don't like detailing, but hate the look of a dirty car, black is a step too far. Hence why some people won't ever consider a black car. I love the look of a black car, and don't mind if it isn't perfectly clean, so I own one.

Can't speak to the value proposition at the moment, with interest rates rising I'd be surprised if the prices don't drop over the next 12 months.

4 hours ago, sengkeng said:

Hi all, are the black cars not desirable or something?

Long time reader, am now in a position to purchase.

Looking for a 997.2 S, 4S or GTS with PDK.

Looking at carsales, seems like the going asking prices are $170k-$220k?

What is considered fair value atm?

Thx

I feel black is the safe bet.  I agree that they dont look the best when dirty. But, once you clean it, they look  the best.  Have/had few black ones. Dont hesitate to pick another black one. !

20 minutes ago, DM911 said:

I feel black is the safe bet.  I agree that they dont look the best when dirty. But, once you clean it, they look  the best.  Have/had few black ones. Dont hesitate to pick another black one. !

Ends up being purely personal preference. 

I know I've been disheartened at times when I've been looking for cars when all I could find were black!!!  Made me wonder whether a) that was all that were imported at that time, or b) those with non-black cars were hanging on to them......

At the end of the day, whatever floats your boat 🙂

Sengkeng, when I looked at 7.2 PDKs a short while ago after sale of my 996 GT3, I was quite disappointed with that version of the PDK.  Whilst far superior to the Tiptronic, I felt it was quite a step back from the 991 / 981 PDK (we've had a PDK 981 Boxster for a few years now), and the pricing for the 997.2 I thought was too close to 991 pricing.  Unless you were absolutely fixated on a 997.2, I think you would want to pay less than $150k for a 997.2 otherwise you'd buy a 991.1 from $160k, (S's seem to be from $170) - purely my opinion though 🙂 FYI I bought a manual 996.1 C2 and put the rest of the funds in the bank for the next opportunity...

2 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Ends up being purely personal preference. 

I know I've been disheartened at times when I've been looking for cars when all I could find were black!!!  Made me wonder whether a) that was all that were imported at that time, or b) those with non-black cars were hanging on to them......

At the end of the day, whatever floats your boat 🙂

Sengkeng, when I looked at 7.2 PDKs a short while ago after sale of my 996 GT3, I was quite disappointed with that version of the PDK.  Whilst far superior to the Tiptronic, I felt it was quite a step back from the 991 / 981 PDK (we've had a PDK 981 Boxster for a few years now), and the pricing for the 997.2 I thought was too close to 991 pricing.  Unless you were absolutely fixated on a 997.2, I think you would want to pay less than $150k for a 997.2 otherwise you'd buy a 991.1 from $160k, (S's seem to be from $170) - purely my opinion though 🙂 FYI I bought a manual 996.1 C2 and put the rest of the funds in the bank for the next opportunity...

Thanks for the feedback and info!

Looks like currently all the 997.2's are $170k+ which puts them in the 991 range.

I do like how the 997.2 are somewhat the last of the analogues though. I guess that's what is driving the price atm.