992 GT3 market watch

On 24/01/2024 at 21:07, LeeM said:

If I won the $150m, I'd definitely be calling them 

On 24/01/2024 at 22:01, 911rox said:

I couldn't do it on principle...

If I'd won the $150m I'd buy a place in Germany, buy a sh!tload of cars including the RS there and satellite from racetrack to racetrack throughout Europe. May as well go where you can enjoy them daily as opposed to monthly 😉

23 hours ago, sleazius said:

I feel you…. my overs would be going on a heritage pack 991.2 Speedster, and then I’d be on the blower about that blue 993 turbo.  Everyone has their own version of 911 nirvana.

Back to the drawing board for all of us until next week then! 😁😉

On 26/01/2024 at 17:54, 911rox said:

The car I posted on Wednesday that was listed by a Melbourne Porsche dealership for $499k is now gone 4 days later... Another reference point for where the 992 GT3s are currently transacting... 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2022-porsche-911-gt3-992-auto-my22/OAG-AD-22855435

That's a quick sell. It's interesting to see others of similar spec listed for a lower price have been sitting around for months. Is there any reason for this? Location? Dealers? 

On 27/01/2024 at 12:54, 911rox said:

The car I posted on Wednesday that was listed by a Melbourne Porsche dealership for $499k is now gone 4 days later... Another reference point for where the 992 GT3s are currently transacting... 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2022-porsche-911-gt3-992-auto-my22/OAG-AD-22855435

I guess the question is, what are they transacting for in the end?

1 hour ago, C_S_Lewis said:

I guess the question is, what are they transacting for in the end?

Went quickly so not a fire sale. For this particular example at a guess $470-480k... 

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

Everything I'm watching is on a downward slide (not just Porsche), death by a thousand cuts style (slowly). What you can get today likely won't be there in 3 months. Not unless we start getting rate cuts. Just imo of course.

Can’t stomach listening to this dude but the first part of the vid says prices have stabilised.  I didn’t get past that.  Who knows if that is relevant here and at what “stable” is in A$.

It’s funny how we obsess over values.  Meanwhile we’ve got a trip to Europe mid year where I’ll burn a stack of cash for “an experience”, we dump cash into school fees (thankfully that ended for me in 2023), we buy daily drivers that depreciate but for some reason we gnaw our fingernails about our special cars depreciating.  

I came to that realisation just in time to impulse buy a 914-6 with no engine during the week……. 🤷‍♂️😂  makes no rational financial sense but YOLO.

1 hour ago, DJM said:

Can’t stomach listening to this dude but the first part of the vid says prices have stabilised.  I didn’t get past that.  Who knows if that is relevant here and at what “stable” is in A$.

It’s funny how we obsess over values.  Meanwhile we’ve got a trip to Europe mid year where I’ll burn a stack of cash for “an experience”, we dump cash into school fees (thankfully that ended for me in 2023), we buy daily drivers that depreciate but for some reason we gnaw our fingernails about our special cars depreciating.  

I came to that realisation just in time to impulse buy a 914-6 with no engine during the week……. 🤷‍♂️😂  makes no rational financial sense but YOLO.

It's not a case of obsessing over values and worrying about the depreciation of our cars, that's the nature of the beast. Depreciation was the last thing on my mind when I chewed up 14 sets of tyres in my previous GT car smashing out thousands of laps. 

Regretfully, because of some unscrupulous dealers and business practices, these cars are ending up in the hands of flippers looking to make a quick $$$.  Meanwhile genuine buyers miss out on allocations and are forced to pay premiums for the privilege. Many of us are just keen to see the market normalise and for these cars to transact at their true worth, not dreamer prices quoted by a handful of greedy, well connected flippers with no interest in owning these cars... 

3 minutes ago, 911rox said:

It's not a case of obsessing over values and worrying about the depreciation of our cars, that's the nature of the beast. Depreciation was the last thing on my mind when I chewed up 14 sets of tyres in my previous GT car smashing out thousands of laps. 

Regretfully, because of some unscrupulous dealers and business practices, these cars are ending up in the hands of flippers looking to make a quick $$$.  Meanwhile genuine buyers miss out on allocations and are forced to pay premiums for the privilege. Many of us are just keen to see the market normalise and for these cars to transact at their true worth, not dreamer prices quoted by a handful of greedy, well connected flippers with no interest in owning these cars... 

How do I upvote something 100000 times? Anyone know?

2 hours ago, 911rox said:

just wait and they’ll normalise 🤷‍♂️ every model follows the same pattern, flippers ask big overs, they sit around not selling and eventually normalise 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, DJM said:

just wait and they’ll normalise 🤷‍♂️ every model follows the same pattern, flippers ask big overs, they sit around not selling and eventually normalise 🤷‍♂️

Agreed 💯 on all accounts, I know the drill. Although it's hard not to feel annoyed when you get shown the door after a 15 year relationship, only to have cars going to these clowns who then make you wait a further 3-4 years whilst they play their flip games... 😉 Just saying... 

On 28/01/2024 at 14:55, Quigs 911 said:

That's a quick sell. It's interesting to see others of similar spec listed for a lower price have been sitting around for months. Is there any reason for this? Location? Dealers? 

Sorry, missed this post... The spec is decent as a clubsport, it's a Porsche dealer and likely a local purchaser. Have seen more Qld and NSW cars than Vic cars recently... Also listed close to true market value which clearly drew interest quickly. Few cars are sub $500k currently and most started well above when listed... My thoughts only, not necessarily the facts. 

On 26/01/2024 at 08:55, sleazius said:

https://lottosimulation.com/au/powerball

See how many power hit system 15s you need to do before you win it.

The thing with numbers is that they can always be interpreted different ways.

The easiest way to improve the odds to 50-50 is by thinking of it as win or not win. You will either win or not win.

I'd suggest the writing is on the wall for all the dreamers listing in the $500k range for 992 GT3s when Porsche dealerships continue to list in the 400s...

Two upcoming cars:

Check out this 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 992 Auto MY22.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2022-porsche-911-gt3-992-auto-my22/OAG-AD-22888020

Check out this 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 992 Manual MY22.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2022-porsche-911-gt3-992-manual-my22/OAG-AD-22825047

4 hours ago, tomk86 said:

I think it might be their sister dealership Brighton... Probably received a reminder about blacklisting if it wasn't sold back to the dealer 😁

Those two seem to be the source of many flipper cars and buy backs down here from what I've seen 😉

• 1 month later...