992 GT3 market watch

12 hours ago, PAWGT3 said:

I assume most people after a GT3 are after the clubsport configuration rather than a poverty spec car with couches😁

In my world CS no options is the perfect spec, to some its a fully optioned with sofas? 

I guess the point is, at $490k it hasn't moved, and the next cheapest car is nearly $40k more on asking... also with sofas. 

21 minutes ago, edgy said:

I guess the point is, at $490k it hasn't moved, and the next cheapest car is nearly $40k more on asking... also with sofas. 

As far as I can tell, Carsales logic in 2023 is:

• Step 1: List your car for utterly stupid price, like everyone else
  • Step 2: Notice that it doesn't sell.
  • Step 3: Lower it a little bit to a still absurd price
  • Step 4: Notice that it still doesn't sell
  • Step 5: Convince yourself that if it's not selling at either price, may as well keep it listed at the original, utterly stupid price so put it back up (or go even higher).

Not sure what it takes for people to make the leap to the crazy idea that ... and stay with me here ... maybe you should put the price down some more to sell it?

I can only assume most of what is sitting on there the owners don't really want to sell, unless someone gives them an utterly stupid price? 

Having said that ... I suppose if you're not some sort of Carsales degenerate that looks at it every day and has a working memory of 500 cars and how long they've been listed, maybe it's just not obvious to a normal person that they shouldn't expect to sell their car for what everyone else is listing them at ... 😅 The problem is the cars that are priced normally and sell do so in like 2 days, so no one actually sees those as a sensible reference ...

5 minutes ago, JWM said:

Not sure what it takes for people to make the leap to the crazy idea that ... and stay with me here ... maybe you should put the price down some more to sell it?

Crazy talk!

There has been quite a flurry of 992 GT3's coming onto the market. Not sure if that's people trying to free up cash or getting ready for 992 RS deliveries. 

1 hour ago, JWM said:

As far as I can tell, Carsales logic in 2023 is:

• Step 1: List your car for utterly stupid price, like everyone else
  • Step 2: Notice that it doesn't sell.
  • Step 3: Lower it a little bit to a still absurd price
  • Step 4: Notice that it still doesn't sell
  • Step 5: Convince yourself that if it's not selling at either price, may as well keep it listed at the original, utterly stupid price so put it back up (or go even higher).

Pretty well nailed it, but prior to step one... break out the crack pipe! 

1 hour ago, JWM said:

I can only assume most of what is sitting on there the owners don't really want to sell, unless someone gives them an utterly stupid price? 

So here is my problem with this... they are NOT real sellers! 

No wonder most the good cars trade off market. 

34 minutes ago, edgy said:

So here is my problem with this... they are NOT real sellers! 

Yep, agreed. When I wrote that, I thought maybe I was being a bit over the top ... surely people have better things to do with their time but ...

1 hour ago, on_booost said:

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 11.20.25 am.png

.... fuck me dead ... 🤣

2 hours ago, JWM said:

Having said that ... I suppose if you're not some sort of Carsales degenerate that looks at it every day and has a working memory of 500 cars and how long they've been listed, maybe it's just not obvious to a normal person that they shouldn't expect to sell their car for what everyone else is listing them at ... 😅

Carsales degenerate checking in, along with every other site.

19 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Carsales degenerate checking in, along with every other site.

Obviously I apply it to myself and fellow travellers here as a term of endearment, maybe even pride 😂

15 minutes ago, on_booost said:

Now i can add The BookFace to CS and all of the other degenerate sites i read..... 🤗

Yeah I've started looking at a couple of the groups there lately too ... I wish the marketplace search worked better.

• 3 months later...
On 04/08/2023 at 11:19, hugh said:

Crazy talk!

There has been quite a flurry of 992 GT3's coming onto the market. Not sure if that's people trying to free up cash or getting ready for 992 RS deliveries. 

My guess is speculators hoping to make a quick 100k... especially when pricing is not far off new 992 RS prices... 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Oldknees said:

Black Friday GT3 sale apparently. I think the flippers may be getting nervous.

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

100km on the odo. Fingers crossed it sits.

It sat for months nearly a year back when it was first listed.

And then it started at $655,000..! 

15 price updates later, now $160,000 less..!  😳

2 hours ago, teknostar said:

I feel sorry for this owner. How could you buy a GT3 and then not drive it...

I drove mine on a lap of TAS, track days, SMTs, to the shops, to the beach, to everywhere - i even attempted to camp out of it...

image.thumb.jpeg.94891f4b39dd74e725f9196869e815ad.jpeg

image.jpeg.cf0940ac0c5c61df04c7f562da72cbdb.jpeg

just kidding, this wasn't my tacho...

I feel sorry for the person next in line who missed out on an allocation for this guy to spec poorly and park it in the garage for a year...

And who specs a touring variant not to tour with?... I had 400km on the clock after the first day with my first GT3... In 3 weeks I had finished running in to attend my first track day 👌

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

It sat for months nearly a year back when it was first listed.

And then it started at $655,000..! 

15 price updates later, now $160,000 less..!  😳

Probably needs to drop another $50k with that spec. Other than the color, it has little going for it IMO... 

8 hours ago, AndrewM said:

I have to ask, what is missing from that spec? Should I ever be in a position to spec one new... 😄

Having now been through this process and have come out the other side (sold) I would go about it differently next time round. Hopefully i will get a next time...

GT cars (IMO) are supposed to be special and out of the ordinary. You can (and should) spec them accordingly. Meaning tick the options list all over the place, go for a crazy and awesome colour, get the buckets, get the cage, etc. Spending another $30k on a $500k purchase doesn't make any difference except on the day you hand over the cash.

Obviously when you tip the car into the first corner at 200kph (PI turn 1) none of the options make any difference whatsoever apart from the bucket seats, but when you are living with it day to day you want it to feel more special than the base spec.

Next time i will option:

CS pack

PTS

Carbon roof

Extended leather (dash definately)

Coloured seat belts / calipers / contrast stitching

Illuminated door sills

and probably a few other things

I wouldn't spend my money on the upgraded sound system again - the lack of sound deadening, thin glass, and rev hungry incredible souding everything made this a ridiculous proposition that was rarely used.

PS silver with silver wheels on a GT car is as boring as crap...