992 GT3 market watch

57 minutes ago, JLD said:

I don't have a problem with flippers either. I hate when brands only seem to sell to flippers, so the only way to get something is to pay an over-inflated price to a flipper. This is the watch world right now, and I choose not to participate. I hope they get stuck with lots of stock they can't move because the market is going to shit

Not to turn this into a watch chat. But I messaged a few of them who had a specific item I wanted offering them RRP. They were mostly rude saying if I want one at rrp to get one at a store. One messaged a couple of weeks ago offering me the watch for rrp. I told them to return it to a store for a refund if they want rrp for it. Long story short. I hate flippers. 

My crystal ball reading……….

Within the next 3-6 months 992 GT3’s will be in the low to mid 5’s, maybe even start to see high 4’s as people get serious about selling (just a fishing exercise at the moment, can’t see any moving & the pool is only getting bigger). 

991’s will then come back in-line with their pre covid prices, 991.1 RS circa low to mid 300k & 991.2 RS low to mid 400’s. 

This could influence the 996/997 GT3 market although I’d argue it’s a different market/buyer. 

It’s an interesting time, be curious to see how many “allocations” are followed through for new RS products as well and what impact that has on the used market. 

10 minutes ago, hugh said:

Within the next 3-6 months 992 GT3’s will be in the low to mid 5’s, maybe even start to see high 4’s as people get serious about selling (just a fishing exercise at the moment, can’t see any moving & the pool is only getting bigger). 

991’s will then come back in-line with their pre covid prices, 991.1 RS circa low to mid 300k & 991.2 RS low to mid 400’s. 

This could influence the 996/997 GT3 market although I’d argue it’s a different market/buyer. 

It’s an interesting time, be curious to see how many “allocations” are followed through for new RS products as well and what impact that has on the used market. 

I think your about right . 

16 hours ago, hugh said:

Surprised this hasn't sold at the asking price already.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2022-porsche-718-cayman-gt4-rs-982-auto-my23/SSE-AD-14305724/?Cr=0

I know it's not a GT3, but it gives an indication the market probably isn't keen on paying much more then RRP. There are lots of 992 GT3 for sale and I haven't seen one sell in a long time!

54 minutes ago, wirthO said:

Surprised this hasn't sold at the asking price already.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2022-porsche-718-cayman-gt4-rs-982-auto-my23/SSE-AD-14305724/?Cr=0

I know it's not a GT3, but it gives an indication the market probably isn't keen on paying much more then RRP. There are lots of 992 GT3 for sale and I haven't seen one sell in a long time!

How much is that RRP? 

4 hours ago, wirthO said:

Around $390-400k drive away

So not only are they asking approximately $60k over RRP, there is also stamp duty on top still which comes in at approximately $44k.

So you’d be paying about $100k/20% above dealer price 😬

You'd want it really badly .

On 27/01/2023 at 19:51, sleazius said:

I know a few people in the market for a 992, none of them are above 500k.

I have to correct this statement. I asked the 3 people involved, one got an allocation for a GT4 RS, one won't pay above list (and is waiting to see what happens over the next year) and the 3rd (being me) has opted for something else.

So no-one in the market then :Chuckle2:

The 992 GT3 is an amazing car, I still pinch myself when I head out for a drive.  Definitely worth the wait. 
I too know a few people interested in buying one so the underlying fundamentals are solid as expected.
A Cayman GT4RS would be a great car and an easier to buy new. 
GT3 Flippers cars (current market) will sell. Wether this influences future value is anyone’s guess. 
More interestingly know one is prepared to offer up their 991.2 3 or 3RS atm maybe these will dictate where the market goes as they come back to market. 

59 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Unrelated but the way the UK youtubers use finance to generate content by buying cars they can't afford is scary asf to me. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few of these guys go up in flames if the market does a big correction.

I agree, but in this case Seen Through Glass is fronted by Sam Michael David Fane who is the son of the heir presumptive to the Earl of Westmorland so I suspect he will be all right 😄😉😎

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

Unrelated but the way the UK youtubers use finance to generate content by buying cars they can't afford is scary asf to me. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few of these guys go up in flames if the market does a big correction.

With YouTube now making it a lot harder for them to make money, I'm sure half of these 'influencers' will end up selling their toys. They might have to get an actual job! Shock, horror 

On 31/01/2023 at 07:01, LeeM said:

With YouTube now making it a lot harder for them to make money, I'm sure half of these 'influencers' will end up selling their toys. They might have to get an actual job! Shock, horror 

I know YouTubers in the US make a much better CPM than the UK or us here. I am guessing that someone like STG would probably make around AU$120-150k or so per year from YouTube alone, but there would be a lot of other sponsorship deals that would put more money in his pocket. 

It must be a tough gig for those YouTubers whose whole brand is to keep buying the next big car. Particularly if they are now going to go back to the typical depreciation of what supercars have typically been. It will be very interesting how many will survive moving forward.

@MFX

I saw a video or something about YouTube making it harder for 'influencers' (🙄) to make money from it, but I've no clue what, who, where etc. 

At least you have a normal job to pay for the toys mate...if you can call being a firey job as being a 'normal' occupation 😁

On 01/02/2023 at 21:36, MFX said:

I know YouTubers in the US make a much better CPM than the UK or us here. I am guessing that someone like STG would probably make around AU$120-150k or so per year from YouTube alone, but there would be a lot of other sponsorship deals that would put more money in his pocket. 

It must be a tough gig for those YouTubers whose whole brand is to keep buying the next big car. Particularly if they are now going to go back to the typical depreciation of what supercars have typically been. It will be very interesting how many will survive moving forward.

Feels like that content has slowed…….or maybe I just refuse to watch that shit so it is no longer recommended for me.  For a period it felt like all I was seeing was the multi video repertoire of “new car collection day, should I wrap it, I changed the exhaust, financing costs, should I sell it” from the young UK vloggers. 

no idea how the system works and how they generate money but I’m not surprised that things are changing.  It was maddening, surely no one cares for that crap…..

1 hour ago, DJM said:

Feels like that content has slowed…….or maybe I just refuse to watch that shit so it is no longer recommended for me.  For a period it felt like all I was seeing was the multi video repertoire of “new car collection day, should I wrap it, I changed the exhaust, financing costs, should I sell it” from the young UK vloggers. 

no idea how the system works and how they generate money but I’m not surprised that hints are changing.  It was maddening, surely no one cares for that crap…..

They all seemed to use “magnitude finance” who must have been friendly to how they operate. Now cars have shit the bed a bit am sure debts will be due and cars sold. Soon to be followed by lots of “why is sold my…” videos. 

15 hours ago, MFX said:

JayEmm did a great video on this just recently.