992 GT3 market watch

16 minutes ago, sleazius said:

I like white cars, just not white Miuras. Almost pulled the trigger on a white 458 at one point.

Gee- they have gone crazy over the past 2 years.  But the rumours of the 2012 White 458 selling at $400k several months ago I can confirm are false. It was just taken off the market.

2 hours ago, HWY said:

Gee- they have gone crazy over the past 2 years.  But the rumours of the 2012 White 458 selling at $400k several months ago I can confirm are false. It was just taken off the market.

Good to know. Supposedly Ferrari are buying 60-70% of resold Fezzas in Australia and sitting on them to inflate prices.

There was a high km TDF one around the corner from me (private sale) before covid hit. Should have pulled the trigger. We may not see 458s starting with a 2 again.

17 hours ago, wilson59 said:

The 992GT3 is showing as sold now.  Fast - not even 24 hours.

3 hours ago, HWY said:

Is this the 458 you mention..? 

2012 Ferrari 458 Italia Auto.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-ferrari-458-italia-auto/OAG-AD-20065227

53 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Good to know. Supposedly Ferrari are buying 60-70% of resold Fezzas in Australia and sitting on them to inflate prices.

There was a high km TDF one around the corner from me (private sale) before covid hit. Should have pulled the trigger. We may not see 458s starting with a 2 again.

Funny you say that as I was in at Ferrari two weekends ago and speaking to the sales guy (I knew him from his porsche days) he said they are selling higher but no where near what is being advertised on carsales. He was very reasonable in his assessment of the market. He said fair priced cars are moving and stupid priced cars are sitting there or being pulled from the market. Similarly he said they have clients who must have the car and just pay. 

The 458 is a bit different in the market. Its the last NA V8 so it will have an interesting time in the market. I guess the last V12 in the market will be interesting too.

6 hours ago, ArthurK said:

The 458 is a bit different in the market. Its the last NA V8 so it will have an interesting time in the market. I guess the last V12 in the market will be interesting too.

My feeling too. The only thing holding values back is they made so many of them. I've been armchair shopping them for years (kicked a few tyres too). Timing has never been right though.

8 hours ago, luzzo said:

The 992GT3 is showing as sold now.  Fast - not even 24 hours.

Is this the 458 you mention..? 

2012 Ferrari 458 Italia Auto.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-ferrari-458-italia-auto/OAG-AD-20065227

There was another in Qld with I think around 50,000km on it.  Almost same....   

3 hours ago, HWY said:

There was another in Qld with I think around 50,000km on it.  Almost same....   

The blue one I was looking at was 60k kms. The first Ferrari that could actually be driven without costing you 3 arms and 4 legs.

20 hours ago, sleazius said:

I like white cars, just not white Miuras. Almost pulled the trigger on a white 458 at one point.

My mate has this Red over Gold SV which I think is a pretty sexy combo on a Miura.

124267968_2795423814111949_7699103922593

Their fake exhaust tips still don't gel with me though 😜 

• 2 weeks later...

After 1,000km maybe he’s decided he hates keeping a black car clean?  Oh, and the not insignificant $100k profit…..

ridiculous premiums some people are prepared to pay just to get a car before many others.

2 hours ago, DJM said:

ridiculous premiums some people are prepared to pay just to get a car before many others.

And... IF it sells at the asking price, a Victorian would need to add $49,500 Stamp duty, plus Reg. 

Total cost over $600k on road. 

🤯