992 GT3 market watch

On 08/03/2022 at 19:27, teknostar said:

That’s going to look great Warren! (We met at QR recently. Will)

Was booked to be at PI that same day but something came up at the last minute so sadly I couldn't get there. Hopefully see you next time.

49 minutes ago, GT3MEZ said:

I don't know what to say at this point other than :CoolDance:

Looks like I am going to be a victim of the shutdown. My Touring is scheduled to go CP8 shortly after March 17th so I will probably just miss the cut off date. No official word on the exact status of my car from Germany yet but PCM have warned me not to hold my breath. Indeed, if the war drags on, then who knows when production will resume. Sadly, I could be in for a loooong wait.

992 GT3T.jpeg

Just now, wilson59 said:

I look forward to getting a new car but the more this drags out my enthusiasm in all things Porsche is fading 

Sadly Porsche are not alone. These delays are common amongst all brands. Seems to affect the more desirable brand performance cars even more so.

4 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Sadly Porsche are not alone. These delays are common amongst all brands. Seems to affect the more desirable brand performance cars even more so.

I only really liked owning Porsche's had no interest in other brands so my desire fading is only with that brand . 

12 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I look forward to getting a new car but the more this drags out my enthusiasm in all things Porsche is fading 

I struggle to even engage in the whole new car - "wait a few months if you order one" type approach when they are not having issues.  

It just doesn't excite...let alone adding more delays....bzzzz

The issue with Porsche over the last few years has just been the influx of flippers, then covid production delays, now this. Why do I feel like the GT4 RS is going to become unobtanium even for the select few. "Limited chips, should we make GT3 RS with higher margins, or GT4 RS?". It isn't looking good, especially butting up against this 2025 emissions deadline.

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

The issue with Porsche over the last few years has just been the influx of flippers, then covid production delays, now this. Why do I feel like the GT4 RS is going to become unobtanium even for the select few. "Limited chips, should we make GT3 RS with higher margins, or GT4 RS?". It isn't looking good, especially butting up against this 2025 emissions deadline.

Yep the flippers really Fk the market and make cars unobtainable for the real enthusiasts.

Having come from the GT Falcon world i can assure you its a problem everywhere. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a build slot confirmation last week scheduled for May22  (like that’s going to happen🙄) but the good news was to actually get a build slot. Then interestingly I have had 2 subsequent calls this week from PCB 1st was light weight battery not available 2nd was PCCB not available for your build slot due to Brembo not being able to supply them until August September maybe!! - Then next conversation was if you wanted to still run with Ceramics then we will allocate your May build slot to someone else then as soon as Ceramics becomes available and we have a build slot that aligns we will lock it in. Ah no I’m very happy with the steel brakes and happy to keep the May build slot. From all the information that is circulating if I actually see a car this year It’ll be a bonus. 

40 minutes ago, SS 3 said:

I finally got a build slot confirmation last week scheduled for May22  (like that’s going to happen🙄) but the good news was to actually get a build slot. Then interestingly I have had 2 subsequent calls this week from PCB 1st was light weight battery not available 2nd was PCCB not available for your build slot due to Brembo not being able to supply them until August September maybe!! - Then next conversation was if you wanted to still run with Ceramics then we will allocate your May build slot to someone else then as soon as Ceramics becomes available and we have a build slot that aligns we will lock it in. Ah no I’m very happy with the steel brakes and happy to keep the May build slot. From all the information that is circulating if I actually see a car this year It’ll be a bonus. 

Congrats...you won't miss the PCCBs. Wing or Touring?

I still have not had any official confirmation as to whether my 1st week of April build is going to proceed or not.

23 minutes ago, WGA said:

I still have not had any official confirmation as to whether my 1st week of April build is going to proceed or not.

Winged car. Fingers crossed that you get a start but it’s not sounding great atm keep us posted.

3 hours ago, HWY said:

Agate grey 992 in Sunny Coast advertised for $575k and gone in 48 hours from carsales.

I saw that it did start at $607k With the last advertised price was $595k.
Not $575k

It was a quite a low spec car as well, I did a quick build calc which saw it at low $4’s drive away  $170-180k profit is not too bad 😳😳💰💰

On 19/03/2022 at 16:51, sleazius said:

Lots of talk on Rennlist that all March production has been canned due to component shortages. That could be US centric but I doubt it.

Fingers crossed your cars get built on time.

Confirmed with my friend at Porsche when the news came out that production for GT3, 718, Cayenne, Macan, Panamera, and Taycan had already stopped and all others (911) were to stop by EOM.

Start stocking up on used 911s!

On 19/03/2022 at 12:31, WGA said:

Some great news...seems like the factory is still chugging away and has not closed down. My car entered the body shop on Friday and now has a VIN. CP8 date (end of build) is April 1st. Let's hope its not fooling me!!

82dc22cc-7dbd-4c26-b920-709f9666f0ab.jpg

7 hours ago, WGA said:

Some great news...seems like the factory is still chugging away and has not closed down. My car entered the body shop on Friday and now has a VIN. CP8 date (end of build) is April 1st. Let's hope its not fooling me!!

More likely they've canned US production because they make less per unit on those than ROW cars. Either way, congrats!

On 27/03/2022 at 04:01, WGA said:

According PCM, my Touring is now built and on its way to port for shipping. 

13 hours ago, WGA said:

According PCM, my Touring is now built and on its way to port for shipping. 

Thats great news I had a call late last week from PCB stating that my car had been locked for production I asked if there was any delays in the system they just said there’s been lots of speculation around this 3-4 weeks ago but they have nothing official to tell me at the moment so going by your resuming it seems they have sorted the GT3 production at least So May 29 build slot - fingers crossed 🤞 

1 hour ago, DJM said:

I can only hope to feel what these differences mean in real life but none the less it shows a real step forward in Aero for the 992GT3 

So at 200kph the published down force figures are

997.2 GT3 RS - 60kg

991.2 GT3 - 69kg

991.2 GT3 RS - 144kg

992 GT3 - 144kg at max setting 103kg in STD trim