992 GT3 market watch

26 minutes ago, 9r said:

Totally agree Jeff, I always laugh when I hear about people optioning GT3’s with high end audio… If you want something more practical buy something else. These cars shouldn’t be for coffee runs unless that’s following a good country back road blast.

Oi . I ticked that option 

6 minutes ago, GT3MEZ said:

Flippers, hoarders and posers - that's where 90% of them will go. Sad really.

At least I am not a hoarder . Hate those guys 

46 minutes ago, sleazius said:

My phone is suspiciously quiet.....

if I get a call I will send them your way :Chuckle2: I am happy with my 991.2 RS

Had a little play on the online configurator , these two colours work for me , but I still think the side wings look terrible .

iris.jpg

iris-3.jpg

iris-1.jpg

iris-2.jpg

34 minutes ago, Raven said:

if I get a call I will send them your way :Chuckle2: I am happy with my 991.2 RS

Had a little play on the online configurator , these two colours work for me , but I still think the side wings look terrible .

iris.jpg

Because of the amount of black parts I think brighter colours look better, but that is just me.

I've spoken with them now. No real update to add at the moment. Will update if I find out more.

1 hour ago, hugh said:

I just called up and spoke to one of the sales guys at my local dealer, was too easy. Deposit down, delivery mid-late next year, seems like I've managed to jump the que. Can't wait. 

:ph34r:;):lol:

Not sure how that is possible but good luck to you. I got the complete run-around today. They claimed they haven’t even heard from PCA and haven’t been issued any allocations.

1 hour ago, hugh said:

I just called up and spoke to one of the sales guys at my local dealer, was too easy. Deposit down, delivery mid-late next year, seems like I've managed to jump the que. Can't wait. 

:ph34r:;):lol:

Matching pair?

9 minutes ago, HWY said:

Well done Hugh.  At least that's one 3RS that will be used as designed.  How many hours will you spend on the configurator tonight?  No sleep....

It's been a long day and I'm in a mood............was just stirring the pot to get everyone fired up! No allocation for me unfortunately. 

8 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Not sure how that is possible but good luck to you. I got the complete run-around today. They claimed they haven’t even heard from PCA and haven’t been issued any allocations.

^^^ as above, I'm just taking the piss. I'm sure you'll get one, just be persistent! 

1 minute ago, DJM said:

Matching pair?

I WISH!!!!!

1 hour ago, hugh said:

It's been a long day and I'm in a mood............was just stirring the pot to get everyone fired up! No allocation for me unfortunately. 

^^^ as above, I'm just taking the piss. I'm sure you'll get one, just be persistent! 

I WISH!!!!!

Haha well played there was plenty of “WELL DONE HUGH 🤬🤬

You should show up in the 996RS just like in the AP launch video and guilt them into selling you a 992 bookend to match.  Then you just need to find $650k……😂🤦‍♂️

I am not interested in a 992 RS this time around, but I thought I would just configure a car out of amusement. A pretty basic non-WP came out at $618K and a WP car at $670K!

These prices make a 991.2 RS now look like a bit of a bargain.

30 minutes ago, WGA said:

I am not interested in a 992 RS this time around, but I thought I would just configure a car out of amusement. A pretty basic non-WP came out at $618K and a WP car at $670K!

These prices make a 991.2 RS now look like a bit of a bargain.

I got a WP build to $633k without PCCB (as I wouldn't use them). The price does feel like it has jumped the shark.

18 hours ago, sleazius said:

I got a WP build to $633k without PCCB (as I wouldn't use them). The price does feel like it has jumped the shark.

I would email in the configurations to the dealer and see if someone contacts you .

worth a try ..???

My build is $548k and that’s drive away.  

Bose, colour coded interior and keys, two harness, colour coded dials and chrono, tinted windows.  I think it a bargain.  

I’m not going to load it with another $100k of stuff I won’t even care for…..it really does come with a hell of a lot of cool kit.  

C87AAC0A-27C4-4862-83A0-43B6B3C8B5D3.jpeg

7DC499E3-67D1-4CCD-A67C-08B4EC5A1C5C.thumb.jpeg.52b1eb30ee7d22f5be549e8310a3249a.jpeg

10 hours ago, Raven said:

Certainly not hard to get the price up to $650K or more , this makes the GT4 RS look like a real bargain being $200K cheaper and fully loaded with WP and all the options .:Beer:

If I had the funds to choose between them I’d still buy the GT4 RS. 

On 18/08/2022 at 12:34, hugh said:

They have nailed it, even down to the side script. Really exciting to see it all come together, especially as I haven't been that excited about the 992 platform, but this fixes that. 

Not excited about the 992 platform. Your such an excitable bloke too!! 😉
Here am I thinking the base GT3 is more RS than any GT3 before it.

Personally I agree with AP that the RS only makes sense on the track. Which of course very few will turn a wheel on at least in AUS anyway: On that theme If I were thinking to track a 992RS realistically  a 991.2 or 992 cup car would be a better option  then with the change grab a 992 CarreraS as a road car ……done.