992 GT3 market watch

3 hours ago, tomk86 said:

Dealers should really be more selective and prioritise buyers who actually want to enjoy the car and not flip for a profit.

What if it is the dealers flipping for a profit? That seems to be their new game. Trade me your 2000km garage princess for the new hotness, and I'll give you what you paid for it. Then don't look as I list it for $100k more than I gave you.

20 hours ago, tomk86 said:

Dealers should really be more selective and prioritise buyers who actually want to enjoy the car and not flip for a profit.

There's always someone wanting to make a buck at any cost mate...the same as car dealers, they don't  care

There are people that don’t buy to flip, however, circumstances change and the cars find their way back onto the market. 

I doubt anyone would sell anything for less than what it’s worth. Not saying these cars are worth the money being asked but so long as people are paying it, it’s not surprising sellers are starting high. 

1 hour ago, hugh said:

There are people that don’t buy to flip, however, circumstances change and the cars find their way back onto the market. 

I thought I was diversified but my crypto crashed at the same time as my YouTube viewers went to TikTok and Elon kicked me off Twitter, so I’m selling my fleet of Lambos. 

8 hours ago, JWM said:

I thought I was diversified but my crypto crashed at the same time as my YouTube viewers went to TikTok and Elon kicked me off Twitter, so I’m selling my fleet of Lambos. 

My guess is a lot of Lamborghini owners identify with that. 

& G wagons. 

9 minutes ago, GT3MEZ said:

Sheesh, change in circumstances, they could have cancelled the order and not taken delivery, I've sure the next person down the list would have been more than appreciative.  Certainly don't suspect the dealer would would have been stuck with it, per @DJM's experience with his GTS.....

However, I suppose if there's an opportunity to make a buck, may as well.......

8 hours ago, wirthO said:

I can't see any of these GT3's selling at prices over $600k. 

What would some of you pay out of curiosity for a 992 GT3 with reasonable options?

They seem to be selling mid $500 K . You dad and I still need to crunch the numbers on mine . 

9 hours ago, sleazius said:

I wouldn't buy with my money right now, but if I'm using someone else's, $450k.

And remember in these times the buyers take the lift down but the sellers take the stairs! I agree prices way too high! Next year will tell

I think paying over retail is just going to be painful on the wallet.  As @on_booostsaid recently, FOMO is gone.....so anything over retail is just a total loss situation short term. 

Add interest rates increasing to the conversation, and one can actually earn risk free income again too! $450k even in the bank makes one around $20k pa at the moment 🙂 

The only way the prices hold up is if it turns out there are bugger all of them nationally from reduced production due to covid (like what happened with the 997.2). That doesn't seem to be the case but straight answers are hard to come by.

Before covid GT3s depreciated; the conditions that caused values to increase are being curtailed on the supply and demand side simultaneously. Its going to be a hard landing for anyone who was hoping to make a profit imo.

https://www.marketindex.com.au/highest-dividend-yield

Or play it safe with VAS at 7%.

40 minutes ago, sleazius said:

The only way the prices hold up is if it turns out there are bugger all of them nationally from reduced production due to covid (like what happened with the 997.2). That doesn't seem to be the case but straight answers are hard to come by.

Before covid GT3s depreciated; the conditions that caused values to increase are being curtailed on the supply and demand side simultaneously. Its going to be a hard landing for anyone who was hoping to make a profit imo.

https://www.marketindex.com.au/highest-dividend-yield

Or play it safe with VAS at 7%.

Or just buy a car and enjoy it .