992 GT3 market watch

My 991.2 GT3 has zero rattles. It was one of the things I was surprised about given how many unwanted noises emanate from the 996s and 997s I've been in.

I know I'm on the extreme side of things, but I've sold cars over plastic squeaking noises before, can't stand it on the road. Instantly makes me annoyed.

1 hour ago, DJM said:

I asked our Porsche factory tour guide about how quality is managed.  The production line is one way, non stop, no ability to pull a car out or stop.  Every work station on the line gets 2 min 48 seconds to complete their task.   So what happens if there is a quality issue or a job is not completed in the allotted time…..?   He paused and then smirked and said, we don’t have quality issues here.  

He went on to explain all the checks and balances, final QA check on every car and 1% of all cars gets a test drive.  But as with any process, there must be exceptions and I didn’t get a serious answer about how they are dealt with.  No doubt they focus a lot on quality but it is very much a partially automated production line that waits for nobody.  Better or worse than the old days of hand built cars?  Not sure.

given it’s a shared production line I’d expect whatever gremlins exist with 911 would also apply to 718.  They build 300 a day (& 200 Taycan on a separate more modern, more automated line).

I should probably point my finger at design quality rather than build quality. i have a 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 that was built on the same production line at roughly the same time as my 992. it has zero rattles, whereas my 992 touring squeaks and rattles it’s way down the road.  I put that down to design.

1 hour ago, WGA said:

I should probably point my finger at design quality rather than build quality. i have a 718 Boxster GTS 4.0 that was built on the same production line at roughly the same time as my 992. it has zero rattles, whereas my 992 touring squeaks and rattles it’s way down the road.  I put that down to design.

No squeaks or rattles here on my touring thus far ! You sure there’s not something that needs a tweak - that’d give me the s***ts for sure ! 

On 24/09/2022 at 18:06, WGA said:

The production line workers are allowed to drink in the factory building. They may have had a few drinks that day when assembling your touring 

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Speaking of which, anyone else notice how many 992 GT3s are for sale right now? Went from 0-100 very quickly. A whole lot of people have rushed for the exit.

Something something interest rates something something.

I wish  people start advertising 991.2s instead. 😉

10 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Speaking of which, anyone else notice how many 992 GT3s are for sale right now? Went from 0-100 very quickly. A whole lot of people have rushed for the exit.

Something something interest rates something something.

really? carsales has 6, and they are all north of $600k - not really for sale IMO

anyone wanting to pay $600k please give me a call!

44 minutes ago, teknostar said:

really? carsales has 6, and they are all north of $600k - not really for sale IMO

Until very recently there were 0 or 1. We're only at the very very start of this. My tradie mates who work for themselves are starting to feel the pinch (builders suddenly not paying).

600k+ is pie in the sky, but they'll come down quickly. Another market I've been watching is GTS R HSVs. Very few listed and now a dozen plus, most with a couple hundred kms on them.

Just biding my time over here. Should be interesting in 12 months if the RBA stays the course.

56 minutes ago, DM911 said:

I wish  people start advertising 991.2s instead. 😉

Not this little black duck 😁

1 hour ago, teknostar said:

Agreed . 997s 996 were no different. 0 for sale then market flooded . People just trying to cash in at the tail end of the bubble . Not going to happen now .

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, edgy said:

Have you got an outcome on your 992 RS allocation yet? 

No - no answers. To be fair I've given up chasing, the "answers" that I get just annoy me and cause me to post rants here (or in person) that no-one wants to read/hear :Beer: I also bought 3 hoists yesterday due to a lack of space which tells me it might be time to reconsider my priorities - or at least sell some cars.

Back to the issue at hand, I plan on trying to work a relationship with PCW as you suggested.

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

No - no answers. To be fair I've given up chasing, the "answers" that I get just annoy me and cause me to post rants here (or in person) that no-one wants to read/hear :Beer: I also bought 3 hoists yesterday due to a lack of space which tells me it might be time to reconsider my priorities - or at least sell some cars.

Back to the issue at hand, I plan on trying to work a relationship with PCW as you suggested.

That just sounds like it is time to buy 3 more cars to me :D 

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

Ask for Grant, I’ve purchased 3 cars from him, great experience every time.

1 minute ago, GC9911 said:

Ask for Grant, I’ve purchased 3 cars from him, great experience every time.

Cheers mate - I'm currently trying to avoid calling (for the minute) cause they've got a white Spyder (possibly on consignment) that is calling my name :Chuckle2:. Last thing I need is to show up at the house with another car when I promised the boss I'd sell 2 as our drive looks like a car yard currently. Emira arrives in Feb too.

1 hour ago, mc968cs said:

Ha that white spyder is a close mates. The interior is way better than shows up in the pics too.  It’s high end spec and a superb car.  Top left is his.  993 is mine. Road trip last week pic. 

52B6D5EB-DBB5-4F20-96AE-AE39A8825D2D.jpeg

Yeah it looks the goods with the contrast yellow.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, wilson59 said:

By the looks of car sales the 992 market is still overpriced and flooded . 
9 examples currently for sale 

Dealers should really be more selective and prioritise buyers who actually want to enjoy the car and not flip for a profit.

5 minutes ago, tomk86 said:

Dealers should really be more selective and prioritise buyers who actually want to enjoy the car and not flip for a profit.

This one is a dealer 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2021-porsche-911-gt3-992-auto-my22/OAG-AD-21379496?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-21379496