992 GT3 market watch

7 minutes ago, sleazius said:

I'll watch it, but I won't be staying up till 1am to do it :cool07:

Then I can ring the dealer tomorrow to see what is what I guess.

My guess is Dealer says No :Chuckle2:

but it would be nice to see someone on this site get one :Beer:

nope..... car and driver mag released all the important bits.  Happy to sleep tonight.   Looks very very track focused.

I think already there are a few on the waitlist who will defer their EOI to 992.2 in the hope of a 4.2L engine. Last hurrah of the ICE

2 hours ago, HWY said:

nope..... car and driver mag released all the important bits.  Happy to sleep tonight.   Looks very very track focused.

I think already there are a few on the waitlist who will defer their EOI to 992.2 in the hope of a 4.2L engine. Last hurrah of the ICE

Yeah, that aero is beefy. If they come out with this same package for the GT2 RS .... yum.

Well here it is I am not liking the styling looks like a JDM time attack car , I was hoping it would look like the cup car .previous model looks a lot better .

https://www.porsche.com/australia/models/911/911-gt3-rs/911-gt3-rs/

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChXWctJKSTe/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

porsche-zoom2-1.webp

porsche-zoom2.webp

23 minutes ago, HWY said:

Does RS stand for "Ridiculously 'Spensive?"     $500k before on roads compared to $416k for the previous generation.  This is one hefty price rise but am sure they will still sell every car they get.

from my understanding every car has sold or is taken , will be a $600K car with all the options,, the car looks like one of those tec art or Gemballa aftermarket styling kits , I am certain I am the minority also, but it looks ridiculous , I was hoping it would look like the 992 cupcar , just to much crap hanging off it , Performance numbers similar to previous model , just has large tire widths and  huge difference in Aero figures that will no doubt bring ring times down  ,,will be sticking with my 991.2 3RS as it looks 100% better .:Beer:

I like it a lot! It is meant to be a functional, track focused road car. That folks don't like the "look" bothers me not one bit, Does anyone "like" the aesthetic of the 963? (What does bother me, is all the unused / untracked RS cars gathering dust or only being driven to Cars n Coffee circle jerks!)

I expect the "performance" numbers will be significantly improved - unless of course, your only performance metrics are HP and 0-100 times. Downforce is double the value of the 991 RS for instance, which is massive! 409kg at 200km/h, and 860kg at 285km/h are serious numbers.

Also surprised at the carbon roll cage - never expected that!

I'm yet to go over all the details... BUT a 275 front tyre! 😍 GRIP 

EDIT: Configurator is up (US) https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do?rt=1660753352&screen=1680x1050&userID=USM&lang=us&PARAM=parameter_internet_us&ORDERTYPE=982850&CNR=C02&MODELYEAR=2023&hookURL=https%3a%2f%2fwww.porsche.com%2fusa%2fmodelstart%2fall%2f 

It defaults to GT4 RS, but go to menu in the top left and select GT3RS from the dropdown menu

I'm speccing one on the Aussie configurator currently (use the bug to access), WP is $75k, includes the mag wheels but not the cage - ouch.

2 minutes ago, sleazius said:

I'm speccing one on the Aussie configurator currently (use the bug to access), WP is $75k, includes the mag wheels but not the cage - ouch.

edit - its another $9k with the cage.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP2IFB91

$633k drive away.

17 minutes ago, sleazius said:

edit - its another $9k with the cage.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP2IFB91

$633k drive away.

Nice, other than the colours I'd spec one similar to that with axle lift & the LED headlamps... I would not pay $9k for the carbon cage, the Clubsport steel unit would be okay for me too! 

That being said, I can see why the GT4 RS is proving to be popular, the Weissach 4 RS I specced was $410K versus $640k~ for the 3 RS that I would spec... $230k is a HUGE premium

Just now, edgy said:

Nice, other than the colours I'd spec one similar to that with axle lift & the LED headlamps... I would not pay $9k for the carbon cage, the Clubsport steel unit would be okay for me too! 

That being said, I can see why the GT4 RS is proving to be popular, the Weissach 4 RS I specced was $410K versus $640k~ for the 3 RS that I would spec... $230k is a HUGE premium

I would definitely spec FAL, assumed it was included as I didn't notice it on the configurator (could have just missed it).

Definitely went back and forth on the steel cage.

Much as I love the LED lights in my GT3, chances of me driving this thing on a road at night are almost zero, so save $6k where possible.

Colour wise I'm 50/50 Shark vs Racing, but another case of save $7500 where you can.

I'd 100% take the GT4 RS over this, but that isn't an option unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, sleazius said:

I would definitely spec FAL, assumed it was included as I didn't notice it on the configurator (could have just missed it).

Definitely went back and forth on the steel cage.

Much as I love the LED lights in my GT3, chances of me driving this thing on a road at night are almost zero, so save $6k where possible.

Colour wise I'm 50/50 Shark vs Racing, but another case of save $7500 where you can.

I'd 100% take the GT4 RS over this, but that isn't an option unfortunately.

I hadn't been on the local config, maybe its not there the FAL option... or its possibly standard C23 equip as you said. 

The deal with the LED H/L was meant to be lighter, but if your copping the steel cage, I guess in principal you may as well cop the extra weight and save the $$$, lay off the burgers :lol: 

Have you got an allocation confirmed? 

1 minute ago, edgy said:

I hadn't been on the local config, maybe its not there the FAL option... or its possibly standard C23 equip as you said. 

The deal with the LED H/L was meant to be lighter, but if your copping the steel cage, I guess in principal you may as well cop the extra weight and save the $$$, lay off the burgers :lol: 

Have you got an allocation confirmed? 

No - haven't called up yet as had a few conference calls this morning.  If 4 years of being down with an EOI doesn't land me one though I give up.

Supposedly the US hasn't been given allocations yet, only some European countries.

5 minutes ago, edgy said:

The deal with the LED H/L was meant to be lighter,

PLDS+ on the 991.2s were heavier - I assumed the same in the 992.

6 minutes ago, sleazius said:

If 4 years of being down with an EOI doesn't land me one though I give up.

Be very interested in how you get on... 

I re-visited the config, this time on the local one... ditching WP actually saves a lot of $$$ and IMO aesthetically tidies it up a bit, couldn't find FAL option.. but still, it came to $551K drive away for what I'd say is my low rent stripper spec.. I like

Porsche code: 

PPWJDK36

3 hours ago, edgy said:

Let the games begin... I was able to re-create my theme on the new 992 RS :D

Who's up for robbing a bank or rolling some hipster crypto boss for his hard drive? :P 

1796745233_ScreenShot2022-08-18at9_16_07am.thumb.png.258cb686ce88f7f73a56f885f29bb8eb.png

587939594_ScreenShot2022-08-18at9_15_53am.thumb.png.71191fdea87b71b496a303d07fa29087.png

1004515003_ScreenShot2022-08-18at9_15_41am.thumb.png.7bfe6beaa763cd070b50d0708f6766c4.png

Not sure the Crypto Bro's hard drive is worth any more than blank hard drive in it's box these days :D 

It looks aggressive, but that is the point. It is not just a garage ornament or cars and coffee cruiser. As Andreas said in the review I watched, it is a race car for the road. The fact that he said with the optional Cup 2R's it can lap faster than a 992 cup car on slicks. That is mental.

Complaining about it's looks is like people buying a GT3 Touring and complaining it is too harsh for their morning commute. That is not what they are for, and I like that Porsche makes no excuses for that ;)

15 minutes ago, MFX said:

Complaining about it's looks is like people buying a GT3 Touring and complaining it is too harsh for their morning commute. That is not what they are for, and I like that Porsche makes no excuses for that ;)

Totally agree Jeff, I always laugh when I hear about people optioning GT3’s with high end audio… If you want something more practical buy something else. These cars shouldn’t be for coffee runs unless that’s following a good country back road blast.