992 GT3 market watch

4 hours ago, teknostar said:

.PS silver with silver wheels on a GT car is as boring as crap...

I know i’m biased but i think the GT3 CS is shouty enough without a loud colour on top 😁. GT Silver is actually a very rich silver and platinum wheels complements the colour perfectly..,IMHO

IMG_8705.jpeg

GT Silver is a lovely colour - however not one I'd ever spec on a GT car. Either go full stealth (black) or shouty (imo). They do look (to my eye) a lot better in a skittles spec, even colours I wouldn't ordinarily consider like green.

Subtle went out the window the second you bought a car with a big wing on the back.

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

Subtle went out the window the second you bought a car with a big wing on the back.

Way I see it, punters are more going to pick the car colour if they're going to complain to the authorities, rather than saying "the car with the wing".  I rather liked the Arctic Silver of my 996.1 GT3 as it was certainly more subtle and under the radar than the Speed Yellow one I had, even though as a colour I reckon the Speed Yellow is gorgeous.....

21 hours ago, AndrewM said:

I have to ask, what is missing from that spec? Should I ever be in a position to spec one new... 😄

For a flipper car, it has to be a clubsport, no questions asked IMO... I've speced and owned a touring spec because it best suited my mixed use needs but I would never spec one for a flipper.

My ideal spec - CS, carbon roof, buckets, leather interior and upgrade sound for the long drives to/from the track as main options... my 2 cents. 

On 24/11/2023 at 13:56, sleazius said:

GT Silver is a lovely colour - however not one I'd ever spec on a GT car. Either go full stealth (black) or shouty (imo). They do look (to my eye) a lot better in a skittles spec, even colours I wouldn't ordinarily consider like green.

OR get boring white and add the $200k stickers & painted wheels option pack 😉 … **price doesn’t include Rolex 

A new listing? Spec is relatively on point other than the color for me... If new, pricing reasonable for a start point compared to the dreamers sitting at $550-600k... 

Check out this 2021 Porsche 911 GT3 992 Auto MY22.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2021-porsche-911-gt3-992-auto-my22/SSE-AD-16290871

Not many + 500k 992 GT3 selling. My guess is we will see more and more sub 500k cars (non-touring ) coming onto the market in the next 12 months. Anyone who borrowed to flip will be eager to sell. 

Maybe it's a dream - but will we see them for their original purchase price?

6 hours ago, sleazius said:

Yeah, sofas are always a bad choice on a GT car, even for a touring! 

On 24/11/2023 at 11:36, PAWGT3 said:

I know i’m biased but i think the GT3 CS is shouty enough without a loud colour on top 😁. GT Silver is actually a very rich silver and platinum wheels complements the colour perfectly..,IMHO

I couldn't agree more! :) 

image.thumb.png.8275c5806fa9d3a71df4fbf78fb5e3a8.png

Porsche Newcastle had a GT silver GT3 Touring, negligible km. They were asking $639K!  Lasted a couple of weeks. I asked the salesperson what it went for & he said close to it's advertised price.

This was 1 month ago. So not so sure about  the 'normality' of the market.

25 minutes ago, Oldknees said:

Porsche Newcastle had a GT silver GT3 Touring, negligible km. They were asking $639K!  Lasted a couple of weeks. I asked the salesperson what it went for & he said close to it's advertised price.

This was 1 month ago. So not so sure about  the 'normality' of the market.

I suspect that was the 70th anniversary model? $100k extra for some decals :)

12 hours ago, wirthO said:

Yeah, sofas are always a bad choice on a GT car, even for a touring! 

I have to disagree with you here.

I had a 991.2 Touring which I speced with LWBs with the intention of tracking the car....but I think I only ever tracked it 2-3 times largely because I had other better cars for that. As a result, it ended up getting used more in daily life and the fixed back nature of the seats meant that getting anything in the back was a PITA, plus, my wife refused to go on trips in it the because of the seats.

So when it came time to spec my 992 GT3 Touring, I wanted to make it a more practical car so I went for the sofas. My wife and I now do some trips together, go out to dinner, go to events, etc....I even carry our pooches in the back from time to time.

Now I am not against LWBs because I have a 4RS with them as my track car so in my mind its horses for courses depending on how you intend to use the car. But for me, a Touring with Sofas is a more desirable thing.