992 GT3 market watch

7 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Agree. it’s not correct. So far over 100 cars have been delivered in Australia. And according to some reliable dudes on Rennlist, around 2,000 have already been delivered into the US.

10 minutes ago, WGA said:

Agree. it’s not correct. So far over 100 cars have been delivered in Australia. And according to some reliable dudes on Rennlist, around 2,000 have already been delivered into the US.

Most of them already been on car sales 

2 hours ago, WGA said:

And I wouldn't be surprised if the 2000+ figure is low.

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

Most of them already been on car sales 

If they're on carsales for $200k over it doesn't count.

2 hours ago, WGA said:

It's $635K!! RS $$$ no?

It's a Crayon Wrap - wonder what colour it is underneath ? Whoever did that Wrap did a fantastic job - very clean install. Not sure that its $200K worth!!!  :Chuckle2:

The tide must be stating to turn surely?

12 minutes ago, on_booost said:

It's $635K!! RS $$$ no?

It's a Crayon Wrap - wonder what colour it is underneath ? Whoever did that Wrap did a fantastic job - very clean install. Not sure that its $200K worth!!!  :Chuckle2:

The tide must be stating to turn surely?

Based on trim callipers etc I suspect it's Blue

3 hours ago, wilson59 said:

6,700kms, at least it's been driven!!!!

Will be interested to watch what happens as the market spread grows. Currently MY22 GT3's ranging from $639k to $579k at less than 300km with next to no options. Surely......if you you actually wanted to sell, you'd realise the mark to market conflict.

I posted this on another thread....

Related but not related....

Overnight I received 4 x notifications of price drops. Ok - old Mazda sh!ttters but still....

RX3 4 door was $170 - Now $140K

808 Wagon was $150 - Now $99K

808 4 Door was $120 - Now $99K

808 Coupe was $185 - Now $140K 

They still have a ways to go - but thats some big movements one would agree?

Still CRAZZZZY $$$ but indicative of the turn of the tide?

Edited by on_booost
Added the 4th one i missed......

On 16/02/2023 at 08:22, wilson59 said:

I think he means 600 are being currently flipped world wide 

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, tomk86 said:

What a silly sales strategy to take for that car. Collecting cars is, imho, the sales path of last resort. Its where you go when you cant sell it via any other way and are desperate. Buyers know this so bids are mostly low balls. so will be interesting to see what bids this car attracts considering what the msrp  was for these cars.

25 minutes ago, WGA said:

What a silly sales strategy to take for that car. Collecting cars is, imho, the sales path of last resort. Its where you go when you cant sell it via any other way and are desperate. Buyers know this so bids are mostly low balls. so will be interesting to see what bids this car attracts considering what the msrp  was for these cars.

Weren't they about 650k? I remember seeing one at Parra and being staggered.

9 hours ago, sleazius said:

Weren't they about 650k? I remember seeing one at Parra and being staggered.

Yes, they were. I was offered one but thought they were over-speced and over-priced with no long term investment value considering, historically, no so-called australia limited edition has gone on to command better prices than a regular model.

5 hours ago, WGA said:

Yes, they were. I was offered one but thought they were over-speced and over-priced with no long term investment value considering, historically, no so-called australia limited edition has gone on to command better prices than a regular model.

It's a marketing car

5 minutes ago, sleazius said:

In a shit colour. Whoever decided that the Australian specific model should be that colour needs their eyes tested.

a fool and his money are soon parted

3 minutes ago, sleazius said:

In a shit colour. Whoever decided that the Australian specific model should be that colour needs their eyes tested.

Colour bothers me less than the badge that looks like they picked up online while ordering some branded coffee mugs for the tea room …

4D716EE0-58E6-499E-B907-882993564703.jpeg

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Colour bothers me less than the badge that looks like they picked up online while ordering some branded coffee mugs for the tea room …

4D716EE0-58E6-499E-B907-882993564703.jpeg

Funny you should say that because when I went to look at one when they were released, one of the things that struck me was how cheap and nasty the badge was. The could have done a much better job than that.

3 hours ago, hugh said:

My first car was a Ford Lazer and I recall it having a similar badge on it. Quality. 

Was that the Carla Zampatti special edition.  My neighbour when I was a young buck had one of these stylish creations.  Much more rare than a 992 GT3 😂
image.jpeg.454657fc400014b3e100168704de333b.jpeg