992 GT3 market watch

9 hours ago, WGA said:

Now I am not against LWBs because I have a 4RS with them as my track car so in my mind its horses for courses depending on how you intend to use the car. But for me, a Touring with Sofas is a more desirable thing.

I really like the fixed buckets (Sparco Evo) in my old 911, but they are definitely a pain to get anything behind them. That said after driving a mates 991.1RS with the fixed buckets on the track, I would hesitate getting them because I am too small for them and I actually found myself sliding left and right around corners, compared to my car where I don't move. I am not a big guy, but I am not a stick. Not sure if they come in different sizes, but I think I would potentially move around less in the comfort seats adjusted properly to fit?

10 hours ago, WGA said:

I have to disagree with you here.

I had a 991.2 Touring which I speced with LWBs with the intention of tracking the car....but I think I only ever tracked it 2-3 times largely because I had other better cars for that. As a result, it ended up getting used more in daily life and the fixed back nature of the seats meant that getting anything in the back was a PITA, plus, my wife refused to go on trips in it the because of the seats.

So when it came time to spec my 992 GT3 Touring, I wanted to make it a more practical car so I went for the sofas. My wife and I now do some trips together, go out to dinner, go to events, etc....I even carry our pooches in the back from time to time.

Now I am not against LWBs because I have a 4RS with them as my track car so in my mind its horses for courses depending on how you intend to use the car. But for me, a Touring with Sofas is a more desirable thing.

@WGA I hear what you're saying. If I had multiple cars I would love a 992 Turbo with sofas for example. I look at all GT cars as track cars. In my view when looking at the resale of GT cars, majority are after LWB, cage etc. Hence why that model may not have sold. 

The best bits of a 'GT' Porsche are the cage, buckets, harness, fire extinguisher etc. It's what makes it a 'GT' product experience more elevated and special. Nil appeal to me without them. I don't want to feel like I'm in a 'road' car, nor do I want a pleasant experience for my passengers. That's kind of the point...............

4 hours ago, hugh said:

The best bits of a 'GT' Porsche are the cage, buckets, harness, fire extinguisher etc. It's what makes it a 'GT' product experience more elevated and special. Nil appeal to me without them. I don't want to feel like I'm in a 'road' car, nor do I want a pleasant experience for my passengers. That's kind of the point...............

The 4.0 litre motor is the best bit . 

The complaints that some of you have from the wife.....

I can admit - I lucked out (this time round - on to the final wife) she just wants me to be happy - and LWB make everyone happy!! 

^^^^ for the offended of the above - - I do NOT recommend you try this at home. Divorce is expensive in more ways than one...

Time will tell but trippers will try...

There may well be a flood of these on the market when people realise they have zero luggage space, are pretty unforgiving for general use and they're really a far more track focused car then previous generations.

I know of two people who have already bought these second hand after being sold back to dealers... Those transacted at less than $40k over their original price.

More importantly, people need to stop specing just the launch colours for the RS IMO. I'm already over IGM with the 992 gen for this reason alone. It's a repeat of the lava orange that is currently flooding the used car market for the 991.1... 

On 06/12/2023 at 16:08, 911rox said:

$988,888.00 was the asking price... Surely nobody paid that crazy price?... 

There are a lot of people with bags of money in Sydney who get treated like shit by the dealers, same as the rest of us plebs. I wouldn't be surprised if someone paid $150k overs to be honest.

1 hour ago, SS 3 said:

Ferrari’s reign is officially over 

big cred for the ST and 992 GT3 in general here by Jason Cammisa

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0zy7qXP4d2/?igshid=NzBmMjdhZWRiYQ==

Looks fun. Shame 99% of them will never be driven. Can't get over the 992 rear view, definitely the cars worst angle. 350z vibes.

Saw quite a few of the S/T’s at Rennsport, including one whose owner had collected it brand new from the dealer the previous Saturday, packed his bags into it on the Sunday and set off for a Rennsport. From New York.

Had an oil service 2 days later mid way across, arrived on the Thursday with a little over 3000 miles on the clock. He’d planned a route back that would have it at just over 7000 miles by the time he got back to New York. Probably more miles in 2 weeks than any S/T delivered here would have on them in 2 years. 👏👏

9 hours ago, sleazius said:

There are a lot of people with bags of money in Sydney who get treated like shit by the dealers, same as the rest of us plebs. I wouldn't be surprised if someone paid $150k overs to be honest.

Hard to question what you're saying considering that particular car sold in a day at such a ridiculous price... Crazy yet sad situation 🙄🙄

I’m sure they’ll be amazing as per usual Porsche products and let’s face it they have been playing in the hybrid space for a number of years now already.
I’ve heard the GT3 will be NA still in the .2 however given the hybrid powered S and GTS willl be quick I’d say they’ll give the NA unit one last bump in capacity to 4.2 not sure if this will go in the GT3 or be reserved for the RS.

Sounds like they will be launching the .2 GT product with the GT2 RS which will be a turbo hybrid monster no doubt.

The next Gen (994) cars will all be hybrid with no more manuals is my guess.  

• 2 weeks later...