Help Porsche extended warranty

Raven

So I did a little searching on the site but could not find the answer to my questions , forgive me if this topic has been covered before .

My Question is to those who have done this ..........is

Looking to buy a 2019 GT3 RS tomorrow or put deposit down one if it is everything I expect it to be , car is none P car dealer sale and has one year factory warranty left .

I wish to contact my local Porsche dealer this case Parramatta and see about getting another 2 or 3  years extended warranty.

So what is the cost of an additional 2 or 3 years and the requirements to get the extended warranty on this particular car........?

Cheers in advance Adam 

Firstly...how exciting!!!!!

It's around the $3K mark for 2 years, although they do occasionally have a 4 year for the price of 3 or something like that.

Depending on when the existing expiry is, the current owner would have received a letter to extend over the phone. Personally, I would contact the dealer that serviced the car last and arrange with them. Probably best to read up on the website on the specifics of transferring the warranty first though :) 

Truly happy for you mate!!

Edited by P-Kay
typo and clarify years

Pretty much what he said ^^ 

As its been explained to me by my service tech, the warranty is attached to the VIN of the car, so when buying private it is easy... prior to any warranty extensions, they must inspect the car (warranty inspection) most of us just tie that up with a service, but it is possible to make that booking separately... I would just be checking the car's warranty is still valid, and if so, renew it 1-2 months prior to the expiry next year. 

Cost is about $1600 / year in blocks of 2... not sure they still offer the 4 years, but that was cracking value at $3600~ 

Good luck... fingers crossed for you 

Thank you all for the heads up on the extended Warranty , and the kind words ,I just wanted to have an idea of how it all works before I contact my local dealer , The money for this should enter my account Friday so purchase early next week if all goes to plan ...

@Niko there are 4 on market at moment I would buy , first choice is Guards Red car looking at it tomorrow followed by a Racing Yellow and a Miami Blue both at my local P car dealer also will look at them tomorrow , all spec,d the same and same drive away price for those 3 cars ..

The 4th car is a white car that is optioned better than the other 3 eg PCCB and every interior leather option on it, my issue is that this is private  South Australian car and even though it is a better spec,d car I dont want to go through hassle of flying down to Adelaide to look at it, fly back and then organising safe Transport to get the car to Sydney , the other three are all local and dealers , so just a question of buying and driving home ..

If it is Porsche approved you'll be able to extend the warranty at the time of purchase. If not you can still extend it provided the warranty hasn't lapsed and no-one has hacked the car.

It was definitely $1600 a year based on when I last did it in '21.

Lastly congrats!  :Beer: - 991.2 RS is a decent buy given current pricing for far lesser cars.

2 minutes ago, Niko said:

Miami Blue.....😍

You've got to like greenish blue - it changes depending on the light. Full sun I'm all in, shade, not so much.

Vote 1 - vote banana :cool07:

The 4 year extended warranty deal was for the 70th anniversary year and this "one off" offer ended on 31 December so now only the standard one and two year extension deals are on offer.  The prices vary depending the car but these are on the website.  You should not have any problem extending if you are buying through a Porsche dealer (or privately as long as the car has been services through Porsche and warranty still in place).  Extension and warranty problems only occur when purchased through a non Porsche LCMT.  In this instance all bets are off and you would need to pay Porsche to do a full check that the car meets Porsche requirements (at your cost) before they will allow you to pay to take out the extended warranty.

Hope this helps

@sleazius Either of those two colours work for me eg racing Yellow or Miami Blue , will look at Red car first as it has lowest klm and I love Guards Red its owner is the owner of Noble Volkswagen and Toyota  ,,but the other two are certainly on my Radar also if I feel they are better looked after and present better  , just got look at all 3 tomorrow and make my mind up all 3 car same spec .. 

17 minutes ago, Raven said:

@sleazius Either of those two colours work for me eg racing Yellow or Miami Blue , will look at Red car first as it has lowest klm and I love Guards Red its owner is the owner of Noble Volkswagen and Toyota  ,,but the other two are certainly on my Radar also if I feel they are better looked after and present better  , just got look at all 3 tomorrow and make my mind up all 3 car same spec .. 

Fixed buckets the bolster will look tatty fyi - I've done less kms on mine than any of those and it is already wearing. If that is a concern for you, you can buy the covers or just do what I plan on doing which is getting the leather replaced on the bolster if I decide to sell.

Don't think you can go wrong with any of these - loud colours suit the car imo. Best of luck!

29 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Fixed buckets the bolster will look tatty fyi - I've done less kms on mine than any of those and it is already wearing. If that is a concern for you, you can buy the covers or just do what I plan on doing which is getting the leather replaced on the bolster if I decide to sell.

Don't think you can go wrong with any of these - loud colours suit the car imo. Best of luck!

Yes if there is wear on the bolsters I will just purchase the covers , the owner of the red car sounds pretty OCD as he told me it has 3 stone chips on the front, yeh ok its been driven 6800 klm that is going to happen  :Chuckle2:

1 minute ago, Raven said:

Yes if there is wear on the bolsters I will just purchase the covers , the owner of the red car sounds pretty OCD as he told me it has 3 stone chips on the front, yeh ok its been driven 6800 klm that is going to happen  :Chuckle2:

The only thing you can look for to avoid that is cars that had XPEL or similar applied when they were new. I'll never buy another sports car without doing it. Avoiding the vast majority of chips is worth it if you're particular.

10 minutes ago, sleazius said:

The only thing you can look for to avoid that is cars that had XPEL or similar applied when they were new. I'll never buy another sports car without doing it. Avoiding the vast majority of chips is worth it if you're particular.

The 3 stone chips dont bother me I have a detail guy who can sort that out , more than likely the front splitter is scrapped , that is normal part of owning a GT3 , a replacement one is not to expensive and easy DIY .

Pic of the interior , seat bolsters look good in photo , but still need to see it up close ..

Pad on cage behind drivers seat .......????

1ewbzp0uk2ogqfnlkbag2ddp6 - Copy.jpg

36 minutes ago, Raven said:

The 3 stone chips dont bother me I have a detail guy who can sort that out , more than likely the front splitter is scrapped , that is normal part of owning a GT3 , a replacement one is not to expensive and easy DIY .

Pic of the interior , seat bolsters look good in photo , but still need to see it up close ..

Pad on cage behind drivers seat .......????

1ewbzp0uk2ogqfnlkbag2ddp6 - Copy.jpg

Far Canal....Raven Red.....Nice....

7 hours ago, Raven said:

car is none P car dealer sale and has one year factory warranty left

Just back on the warranty issue:

I was informed by Porsche recently that warranty can only be extended if:

You were a Registered owner whilst the car was under New car warranty or;

You were an owner of the car whilst it was under Warranty extension. 

If you buy from a Non P-Car Dealer, & it's out of factory warranty, it may not be able to be reinstated. 

If buying privately (or if on consignment), you could always have the seller arrange to extend warranty before handover. 

Sometimes buying privately can have its advantages... 

@luzzoI believe the Red car still has factory warranty on it expire sometime this year , but I shall be also visiting my local dealer with the cars details eg Vin  tomorrow to see what they can come up with for me I would like another 2 years extended on top of the current time remaining on its factory warranty , happy to pay the $1600 and any other fees required all servicing was done with the dealer just want to be sure before I part with any money .

And if the red car is not worth buying then I still have the Yellow and Miami blue cars at my local Porsche dealer to purchase , tomorrow will be about looking at the best of the 3 cars available in Sydney .. 

7 hours ago, Raven said:

Thank you all for the heads up on the extended Warranty , and the kind words ,I just wanted to have an idea of how it all works before I contact my local dealer , The money for this should enter my account Friday so purchase early next week if all goes to plan ...

@Niko there are 4 on market at moment I would buy , first choice is Guards Red car looking at it tomorrow followed by a Racing Yellow and a Miami Blue both at my local P car dealer also will look at them tomorrow , all spec,d the same and same drive away price for those 3 cars ..

The 4th car is a white car that is optioned better than the other 3 eg PCCB and every interior leather option on it, my issue is that this is private  South Australian car and even though it is a better spec,d car I dont want to go through hassle of flying down to Adelaide to look at it, fly back and then organising safe Transport to get the car to Sydney , the other three are all local and dealers , so just a question of buying and driving home ..

Adelaide is not a problem, its a longer drive home. 

Wow how exciting to be able to buy one of those 3 cars & have a choice of such great colours, congratulations in advance 👏

I bought a 987 Cayman S that was under the Porsche extended warranty, it was amazing that the car was 12 years old and still covered. There was no issue with transferring the warranty, being able to  claim on it or being able to extend it again (covered for 16 years) as long as the car is sold by a Porsche dealer or is a private sale. 

3 minutes ago, luzzo said:

(for clarity's sake) maximum warranty is 15 years from date of first registration. 

I.e. Last year warranty can be extended is the cars' 14th birthday of first reg. 

Thank you Luzzo. It’s pretty amazing, I don’t know of any other car manufacturer  that is willing to back their product like that.