Help Porsche extended warranty

Raven

15 hours ago, Niko said:

Far Canal....Raven Red.....Nice....

16 hours ago, Raven said:

The 3 stone chips dont bother me I have a detail guy who can sort that out , more than likely the front splitter is scrapped , that is normal part of owning a GT3 , a replacement one is not to expensive and easy DIY .

Pic of the interior , seat bolsters look good in photo , but still need to see it up close ..

Pad on cage behind drivers seat .......????

1ewbzp0uk2ogqfnlkbag2ddp6 - Copy.jpg

pad on the cage suggests either that the driver is very tall and the seat was hitting the bar or maybe that it was used for competition and the pad had something to do with full harness.

16 hours ago, Raven said:

Yes if there is wear on the bolsters I will just purchase the covers , the owner of the red car sounds pretty OCD as he told me it has 3 stone chips on the front, yeh ok its been driven 6800 klm that is going to happen  :Chuckle2:

One word for the covers.  Sheepskin.  

10 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

Thank you Luzzo. It’s pretty amazing, I don’t know of any other car manufacturer  that is willing to back their product like that.

It also generates repeat service work … 

1 minute ago, Raven said:

I think I will go with the Leather and deviated stitching protector , will now in an hour what the condition is ..

dsc03360_56ae254a072885c02dbb4e328ddbb9c40a62c02b.jpg

Got to say, still don’t rate it.  Looks a bit S+M to me.  Maybe just sheepskin on the inserts then?  Why do Pasha?  It’s so, well, passé 

So just got back at looking at all 3 cars and was very disappointed in the exterior presentation of all 3 cars .

All 3 have been tracked and showed the signs of this eg rubber marks down the sides of the cars and stone chips through the PPF and more rubber marks on the rear arch,s , the Red car even had grass in the left hand radiator grill and stuck in the back of the splitter on left hand side  ..?

All 3 cars needed a good polish and detail , I am somewhat mortified that no effort has been made to give the cars the love they deserve , they have just been washed and left with all the rubber marks on them , if your asking $500K for a car at least spend some money of detailing , the two cars at Porsche Parramatta were just Terrible ..  

Positive note Interiors were all Presented well and there was little wear on the carbon bucket bolsters , but the exterior presentation was poor especially for cars of that value ..

Next stop Largs Bay South Australia sometime next week :LOL: 

I was offered 4 years extended warranty for $999 a year by Porsche South Sydney last week on my 718 Boxster. My current warranty doesn't expire until September this year. They advised the offer would still be available then. Current available warranty extension periods are 1,2,3 or 4 Years.

Congrats on the new car.

2 hours ago, Raven said:

So just got back at looking at all 3 cars and was very disappointed in the exterior presentation of all 3 cars

That's a surprising disappointment for a Porsche dealer prepared car.  

For cars like this (GT and/or RS), track use would be expected if not close to a 'given'.  Just don't expect them to make it so obvious..! 

9 minutes ago, luzzo said:

That's a surprising disappointment for a Porsche dealer prepared car.

Not at all. I’ve looked at a few GT cars prepped by South Sydney and Parra and they’re always the same. Washed, no detail. Chips often painted with touch up pen.

Found a cigarette butt and plenty of leaves in the front radiator scoops of a 997 at PCSS which is documented on here somewhere.

5 hours ago, Raven said:

I think I will go with the Leather and deviated stitching protector , will now in an hour what the condition is ..

dsc03360_56ae254a072885c02dbb4e328ddbb9c40a62c02b.jpg

Those protectors look arse IMO. I’d rather have worn leather and just replace at sale time. Obviously opinions vary or these wouldn’t exist!

40 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Not at all. I’ve looked at a few GT cars prepped by South Sydney and Parra and they’re always the same. Washed, no detail. Chips often painted with touch up pen.

Found a cigarette butt and plenty of leaves in the front radiator scoops of a 997 at PCSS which is documented on here somewhere.

Those protectors look arse IMO. I’d rather have worn leather and just replace at sale time. Obviously opinions vary or these wouldn’t exist!

All three interiors were well presented with really no signs of wear , but the exterior was to say the least a disgrace ,like you said just washed ,,, seriously Porsche Parramatta spend $2000 on some detailing and make them look the best they can , the yellow car was the worst in terms of track rash and rubber marks and the sales guy could not stop telling me how immaculate the car was , very disappointing as i expected to put down a deposit on at least one , but anyway was not meant to be today , so next one down to South Australia in a weeks time , finger crossed :)

9 minutes ago, Raven said:

.....very disappointing as i expected to put down a deposit on at least one , but anyway was not meant to be today , so next one down to South Australia in a weeks time , finger crossed :)

Adam, Why not give them the feedback and ask them to give it a proper go to bring them up to expected presentation.  If they're genuine in wanting the sale then I'd expect them to fix them.  One could argue that they shouldn't need to be given a prod but that's the modern way - do stuff half arsed and hope for the best 🙂

35 minutes ago, jakroo said:

Adam, Why not give them the feedback and ask them to give it a proper go to bring them up to expected presentation.  If they're genuine in wanting the sale then I'd expect them to fix them.  One could argue that they shouldn't need to be given a prod but that's the modern way - do stuff half arsed and hope for the best 🙂

I had a good think about what would need to be done to meet my expectations and if it could be done but there is a certain amount of risk as you just dont know how damaged the paint is till the PPF is removed .I not prepared to part with $500K on something I see as a problem I dont want to have ,, all 3 cars had PPF and they were pretty poor jobs or a poor quality film as there was lifting and discolouring on many edges and around the heavy stone chips.

You would have to remove PPF , repair stone chips and impact damage and paint correction at minimum then apply new PPF , the PPF on the yellow car down both  sides and front of rear arch,s was rough to touch like sandpaper , it had seen a lot track use ..

I did politely say to the salesman at Parra Porsche , that both cars had seen some serious track time and both needed a good detail as they presented poorly but I am well aware that my view means nothing to them as I am certain that they will sell them as is .. 

Yes, okay.  I would be going in with them doing and paying for the work, not you.  But irrespective of that, if they look like they've sandblasted via track use and you suspect mechanicals will also need some refurbishment and don't have a suitable price to match then you move on.....keep looking mate and one will pop up.....may be get someone in Adelaide to go the one there and get some good photos for you before you fly and spend time on them.

I'd make paint correction and detailing part of the deal - but they agree to do it at my preferred vendors. I don't know if that'd fly in these days of 'stick a phone number on it and it'll move' pricing but I had them fix a few issues on my GT3 before I took delivery, albeit that was a new car.

The track rash, well that indicates some serious track miles so best to just wait for something else. No Banana today :Disappointed:

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

Not at all. I’ve looked at a few GT cars prepped by South Sydney and Parra and they’re always the same. Washed, no detail

PCM cars I have inspected have been decent in the past.  Shame it's not consistent at NSW Porsche dealers. 

25 minutes ago, luzzo said:

PCM cars I have inspected have been decent in the past.  Shame it's not consistent at NSW Porsche dealers. 

I was speaking to the fellow who has the Adelaide car and he said those two cars at Porsche Parramatta the Yellow and Miami blue cars were owned by Porsche Australia and used for Porsche track day experience cars , motoring journalists reviews and promo type work all over the country, that explains the wear and tear on the body work and paint ,,, I think it is fair to say those two have had a pretty tough life .. 

43d76cfd364546f696addb265065c9bf.jpg

35352b68e7751f0bde63b4cc45b81c96.jpg

aa350697b1ba90a459d5aae6faf8e113.jpg

3a47bfa0172e80b89e097bfc73e938d4.jpg

12 minutes ago, Raven said:

I was speaking to the fellow who has the Adelaide car and he said those two cars at Porsche Parramatta the Yellow and Miami blue cars were owned by Porsche Australia and used for Porsche track day experience cars , motoring journalists reviews and promo type work all over the country, that explains the wear and tear on the body work and paint ,,, I think it is fair to say those two have had a pretty tough life .. 

43d76cfd364546f696addb265065c9bf.jpg

35352b68e7751f0bde63b4cc45b81c96.jpg

aa350697b1ba90a459d5aae6faf8e113.jpg

3a47bfa0172e80b89e097bfc73e938d4.jpg

So decent discount required in that case.....  However,  I suspect you are looking for a much better car to start with Adam, given your intended use and existing track cars, so a lower price wouldn't necessarily interest you anyway

20 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

So decent discount required in that case.....  However,  I suspect you are looking for a much better car to start with Adam, given your intended use and existing track cars, so a lower price wouldn't necessarily interest you anyway

No even if they were hugely discounted no way , it only took one glance to see both cars had done some serious track time , kinda ironic when the salesman  is telling they have never been tracked and I am looking at all the evidence of it, all makes sense now similar mileage both same spec and similar rego plates , they have both done around 16000 klm ,,, time to move them on for the new RS coming this year .

I can only imagine what both these cars have been through at the hands of motoring Journos and track experience crowd :blink:

1 minute ago, Raven said:

I can only imagine what both these cars have been through at the hands of motoring Journos and track experience crowd 

Good sleuthing @Raven.  

2 minutes ago, Raven said:

sales mans is telling they have never been tracked

Slimy.  Sounds more like he should be selling VN commodores. 

2 hours ago, Raven said:

Onto the spreadsheet with you! Nice sleuthing.

5 hours ago, Raven said:

...it only took one glance to see both cars had done some serious track time , kinda ironic when the salesman is telling they have never been tracked and I am looking at all the evidence of it

And people wonder why some car salesmen get a bad rap? What an a..hole!