Help Porsche extended warranty

Raven

6 hours ago, Raven said:

I was speaking to the fellow who has the Adelaide car and he said those two cars at Porsche Parramatta the Yellow and Miami blue cars were owned by Porsche Australia and used for Porsche track day experience cars , motoring journalists reviews and promo type work all over the country, that explains the wear and tear on the body work and paint ,,, I think it is fair to say those two have had a pretty tough life .. 

Mate, that’s a brilliant piece of sleuthing right there. I hope you don’t work for the ATO…. LOL

2 hours ago, P0RKY said:

Mate, that’s a brilliant piece of sleuthing right there. I hope you don’t work for the ATO…. LOL

Thank the seller of the Adelaide car , he was one who said do a google search for Porsche Driving experience and Bingo there they both were in a stack of images online ,,,that is something the Parramatta Dealer show be up front about .

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

And people wonder why some car salesmen get a bad rap? What an a..hole! 

Mate he was only young under 30 as soon as I looked at the front of the rear guards and the sand blasted side skirts I could see the body language , he knew that I knew car had been tracked , its his boss or the Dealers owner Sime Darby Motor Group who should be upfront about the cars past , especially when they are asking $510K premium price .

but anyway life lesson learned and info is out there for any other members to see and not fall victim to .

12 hours ago, Raven said:

No even if they were hugely discounted no way , it only took one glance to see both cars had done some serious track time , kinda ironic when the salesman  is telling they have never been tracked and I am looking at all the evidence of it, all makes sense now similar mileage both same spec and similar rego plates , they have both done around 16000 klm ,,, time to move them on for the new RS coming this year .

I can only imagine what both these cars have been through at the hands of motoring Journos and track experience crowd :blink:

Amazing to think the old "only driven to church on sunday" BS is still around given the amount of information on the internet available to the average astute consumer. Even more so in this case as they are a limited delivery number vehicle and followed by enthusiasts. 

I have in recent times still be told "never been in an accident" when enquiring about cars, how can you even make that statement.... it would be hard to support with actual evidence if put to task. 

5 hours ago, Raven said:

Mate he was only young under 30 as soon as I looked at the front of the rear guards and the sand blasted side skirts I could see the body language , he knew that I knew 

but anyway life lesson learned and info is out there for any other members to see and not fall victim to .

So he's carrying on the 'Dodgy brothers' tradition then 🙄

Sadly, someone not that wise will buy it and experience the potential expensive problems

Walk away and keep searching - the right car will turn up, you'll know it the moment you see it!!

Regarding LWBS bolster covers/protectors, I picked up a used set of these on the forum.  They look OEM - lovely quality leather, and fit like a glove!

https://www.edguardusa.com/product-page/lwbs-bolster-covers 

5 hours ago, JB911 said:

Walk away and keep searching - the right car will turn up, you'll know it the moment you see it!!

Regarding LWBS bolster covers/protectors, I picked up a used set of these on the forum.  They look OEM - lovely quality leather, and fit like a glove!

https://www.edguardusa.com/product-page/lwbs-bolster-covers 

Ooh.. you're not wrong there, mate. Those covers for the LWBS look legit! 

I know it's a really stupid question, but would you by any chance know if there's anything similar to protect the 14-way seat bottom's side bolsters from the inevitable scuffing and scrapping that will happen when my "less than fit-for-Bondi-in-the-summer" frame tries to squeeze itself through the ingress aperture of my 992 when it arrives? I had a poke around edguardusa's site but couldn't find anything comparable.

I reckon it'll be easier to find seat covers/protectors than for me to lose weight, damn it...

On 16/02/2022 at 11:52, Raven said:

Next stop Largs Bay South Australia sometime next week :LOL: 

Whilst you're over there... 

OMG this is HOT..!

2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 991 Auto MY19.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2019-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my19/SSE-AD-12383065

44 minutes ago, luzzo said:

OMG this is HOT..!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2019-porsche-911-gt3-rs-991-auto-my19/SSE-AD-12383065

Shock & horror, it may have been within 1km of a racetrack. Also has a body kit & cruise control. 

17 hours ago, luzzo said:

OMG this is HOT..!

I suspect this is one @Raven is looking at? Great colour, the OZ wheels look tough too. GL with the hunt Raven!

3 hours ago, spiller said:

I suspect this is one @Raven is looking at? Great colour, the OZ wheels look tough too. GL with the hunt Raven!

No, actually I think he was planning on looking at the White SA one. 

I think the Miami that I linked was just recently listed. 

Love the OZ wheels 😍 

43 minutes ago, luzzo said:

No, actually I think he was planning on looking at the White SA one. 

I think the Miami that I linked was just recently listed. 

Love the OZ wheels 😍 

Yes I just discovered the white one after reading this thread. Coincidentally the white and blue cars are right in the same neck of the woods. Saw a Lizard Green one on gold wheels today hooning around a corner. Damn it looked cool. 

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

Yeh its a white car none WP with PCCB and a lot of extended and extra leather all ready arrange to go look at it next saturday , and have a good feeling about this one ..:Beer:

There's plenty around, they made stacks of them.  Keep your powder dry, the right one will come up! :)  Hopefully this is it

42 minutes ago, Raven said:

Well the car certainly did not disappoint flawless example , deposit taken , on my way to GT3 RS ownership .:Beer: 

eg30cddsgb9fp2lbvakohux31(3).jpg

Congrats mate. You drove up to Lobethal for the test drive, or is that a sales ad pic? 

Happy to store it at my joint if needed. Just need to kick my old thing out and tidy up a bit to make it fit, but it will be safe here...probably 😉

21 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Congrats mate. You drove up to Lobethal for the test drive, or is that a sales ad pic? 

Happy to store it at my joint if needed. Just need to kick my old thing out and tidy up a bit to make it fit, but it will be safe here...probably 😉

No that is just the sales ad pic , pretty good photo , the seller lives in Largs bay , very happy with the car , it was every thing the seller said it was ,extremely happy with it .

Now the next part of the journey is getting it shipped back to sydney , already contacted Gary,s unique car transporting , Adam @ Veloce and The vehicle transport group who work with both Gary,s and Adam @Veloce .

All three booked out till weekend of march 6th and 7th , so hopefully week after one of three can get the car up to Sydney ..

Just have to wait , dont really trust Prixcar or Ceva with a car of this type and value 

52 minutes ago, Raven said:

Just have to wait , dont really trust Prixcar or Ceva with a car of this type and value 

I wouldn't either mate.

If the seller needs to move it, maybe Richmonds or Buik Motorworks could store it until freight is organised?