Please spare a thought

It is with much sadness to advise that PFA member, and more importantly my mate @jnr356 has passed away.

If you're a long term air cooled Porsche owner over many years, odds are that Mark has waved his magical mechanical hands over them. He knew it all about air cooled Porsches and VW's, and was highly respected by those industry and some well known Porsche 'people' who trusted him with their rare and exotic vehicles, especially in Victoria.

Mark is the one who got me into VW's, and we became good mates, even though we live in different states, and without him I wouldn't have been able to restore my 912. 

He was one of those blokes who if he let you into his world, you were mates for life, and there are plenty of people in the VW and Porsche community who had much respect for him. I was also fortunate enough to be one of those people who could call him a good mate.

I'm devastated he's gone.

Please spare a thought for his family and friends at this shitty time

#fuckcancer 🖕

3 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Very fortunate with your wife sjm. Coming up to the 6th anniversary of my wife's passing from cancer. Was already stage 4 but with the cancer she had wouldn't have made a difference if found earlier...

It's a horrible disease and far too prevalent!

Sorry to hear Dalai, get checked people, annual blood tests and be aware of family history. 

That's terrible news to hear. I knew Mark through VWs from years ago and he was always willing to lend a hand if something needed doing and had huge input in the creation of a great Melbourne VW community. He will be missed greatly.