Happens all the time

Why is this always happening? 

Wife called and ordered a ready to go chuck for me to pick up from the local IGA. Picked a parking spot with 2 free spots either side. Within 2 seconds I had a car parked on my passenger side , with a decent gap. Standing at the checkout I see this dill parking his car as close as he can next to my car. He had to go out of his way  to do so . I chased him down in  the shop and very politely told him to" take his fucking SUV away from my car. ( He was half my size). 😂20230209_1parking25242.thumb.jpg.6f1866b42668ccb6c372e9e51562fdf1.jpg

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Yep, they're a wanker magnet.

Same as on the road, every asshole sits on your clacker or cuts you off.

My experience in my Boxster is that I seem to get more space on the road. When I drive my Volkswagen Golf is when I have everybody sitting on my arse. Not sure what drives the behaviour of going out of your way to park next to an isolated car at a far end of a car park, though...

1 hour ago, Sabotage said:

Not sure what drives the behaviour of going out of your way to park next to an isolated car at a far end of a car park, though...

My retirement plan has always been to go back to university and do an in depth PHD on this frankly bizarre phenomenon 😂

16 minutes ago, JWM said:

My retirement plan has always been to go back to university and do an in depth PHD on this frankly bizarre phenomenon 😂

It's quirky behaviour but incredibly obscure so I'm not sure if the investment of doing a PhD in this would give you any financial benefit which is what one should seek when making such a large investment of time and money.

You'd be better off retiring and heading to a beach side town and enjoying life. Find a kerbside parallel parking spot, sit too far away for the car to be visible and watch seagulls.

Many years ( mid 80's ) I reverse parked at a local Coles for 5 minutes. Came back out and a newly painted EH holden parked so close to me that I couldn't get in and had to go through the passenger side. 

I know he did this deliberately because he would have had to exit from his passenger side. He would have thought "well we can't have a nice 911 Porsche get away with parking in a Coles car park, must a rich prick".

I was furious and this was back in my "i don't give a shit days" so I made sure he knew that there are consequences of being an arsehole.

I would have loved to have seen his face when he got back to his car. I will let you figure out what I did. Not particually proud of myself now but he deserved it.

@3legs

When I was an angry lad (17 or so...I'm 57 and not much has changed 😁) I was half pissed getting into my Monaro after a few end of year sherbets at the pub.

A green LC Torana had parked so close I couldn't get in, so I reverse kicked their drivers door and BOOM goes the window.

Not 30 seconds later 2 pensioners walked towards their LC Torana and were upset as to who did the damage. You reckon I felt like a complete asshole! 

I admitted it, and they were so nice about it, but I felt terrible and gave them nearly all of my holiday pay cash to say sorry and fix their car.

I've never forgotten that day, and I can see it in my head and still feel bad about it.

Other than that, I rarely go to any shops with the 911, as I know I'd end up beating someone to a pulp if they scratched or dinged my car

• 2 weeks later...

I personally think this extremely irritating phenomena is not an "anti-Porsche" thing.  On a quick calculation, I've owned >20 cars over the last 40 years and always (ok, maybe only 98% of the time), looked for a park with at least vacant space either side and preferably, many vacant spaces around.  Over the years I've probably clocked up kilometers of extra walking just so I could relax thinking I was far from damage in public car parking locations.  I've done this in fords, fiats, VW's, toyota's, holden's,  and even an 800cc Suzuki Hatch (great car BTW) - and it's happened to ALL OF THEM!!!!!.  I firmly believe it's some king of psychological effect, where people are attracted to park near another car - god only knows why, as I do the opposite :(