Matt gives his opinion on the GT3 RS

Had to laugh at his comments how owners will prattle on about rebound settings, etc just like they do about PTS and deviated stitching. He managed to describe Rennlist in one sentence! 

I was offered an allocation for a 3RS but turned it down in favour of a 4RS because, just like him, I thought I would not be able extract the best from the car. About the only thing I play  with is tyre pressure. I like to just jump in and drive and have no inclination to fiddle with all the different knob and dials. Besides, I don’t think my 60+ year old “butt-o-meter’ would be sensitive enough these days to feel the differences. But good luck to those who get one.

11 minutes ago, WGA said:

Had to laugh at his comments how owners will prattle on about rebound settings, etc just like they do about PTS and deviated stitching. He managed to describe Rennlist in one sentence! 

I was offered an allocation for a 3RS but turned it down in favour of a 4RS because, just like him, I thought I would not be able extract the best from the car. About the only thing I play  with is tyre pressure. I like to just jump in and drive and have no inclination to fiddle with all the different knob and dials. Besides, I don’t think my 60+ year old “butt-o-meter’ would be sensitive enough these days to feel the differences. But good luck to those who get one.

Only tyre pressure ?

18 minutes ago, WGA said:

You need to buy a place at that track you would be set then ;)

3 hours ago, WGA said:

Tyre pressures and PDK in Track mode.That’s about as complicated as it gets with me!

Agree.  I had a track car with adjustable shocks (bump and rebound), camber, caster and brake bias.  It felt a bit soft in the rear when I first got it, dialled it up a bit.  In the few years I owned it, I never touched anything else and it never even had a wheel alignment.  It was fast and fun and it worked so I didn’t want to make it slower 😂 

I am sure with time we will look back favourably on this RS for the engineering marvel it is! However the case use is somewhat maligned, absolutely optimised for the track, yet so few will ever see that regular use, and for those that are looking for that kind of pace? You can be faster & safer in various factory race cars as Matt suggests, whilst banking some $$$ 

Like @WGA I know a few fellow club members I race with whom declined this RS in favour of the GT4RS 

They'll sell them all regardless. Lots of people with plenty of cash and plenty of space to store these, the majority will never see the track. Destined to be a big money future classic I'm sure as the next one will more than likely be hybrid.

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Is this pee-pee metric relevant to your status at the local cars & coffee?

Yes, that's the official place where the measuring is conducted. Inside every puffer vest is a measuring tape, don't bother going if you have forgotten your own tape (last time I shared I got a weird rash). 

49 minutes ago, hugh said:

Yes, that's the official place where the measuring is conducted. Inside every puffer vest is a measuring tape, don't bother going if you have forgotten your own tape (last time I shared I got a weird rash). 

You need scales it's all about ball size the noodle is just an accessory with no real function for lap times 

9 hours ago, wilson59 said:

You need scales it's all about ball size the noodle is just an accessory with no real function for lap times 

Cars & coffee + lap times… seldom in the same sentence, yes agree on scales, also call in the metallurgist to see what they made of… 

On 28/02/2023 at 19:26, cafe_racer said:

I’d love something like thermal club here. Guess we don’t have the population to support it.  And we are blessed by some great tracks that you can get on pretty regularly. 

I have heard rumours that something like that is in the planning works not far from me. Time will tell if it comes off.

3 hours ago, MFX said:

I have heard rumours that something like that is in the planning works not far from me. Time will tell if it comes off.

Problem is it has to be in the absolute boonies, or you need to own 5000 hectares. Some Nimby will move right next door after it has been in operation 10 years and kick up enough stink that it eventually gets shut down.

19 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Problem is it has to be in the absolute boonies, or you need to own 5000 hectares. Some Nimby will move right next door after it has been in operation 10 years and kick up enough stink that it eventually gets shut down.

Wakefield Park is an example of this. Can't be much more remote and still recently closed...

41 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Wakefield Park is an example of this. Can't be much more remote and still recently closed...

Exactly.

If you could find a natural amphitheatre big enough to hold a track that would also be a goer (like Luddenham). You 'just' need to own all the land on the hills surrounding it too.

On 01/03/2023 at 13:38, hugh said:

While Electric has been mentioned,  off track I know But they have started using EV logging trucks in the forestry industry, 500k range, And a 10 minute battery change its here. 

On 03/03/2023 at 10:24, sleazius said:

I believe it is around 5000 acres and it is right alongside the noisy freeway. We will see. I don't think it will come together quickly if it does.