996.1 Manual For Sale

Have accepted a job based in Sweden so departing mid to late January, so with some hesitation, I am putting my 996.1 manual coupe up for sale.

Car is in excellent condition, 161,XXXKM

$75,000 ONO   (I am sure there will be lots of comments about it being overpriced etc etc - constructive feedback welcomed!!)

IMS Solution installed

Full leather interior

GT3 Aerokit (Taco tail engine cover in storage as my wife did not like it!!)

GT3 Suspension (recently refreshed)

Engine & Gear box mounts replaced

Coils replaced

New tyres (Michelin Pilot Sports)

Service history/books with all receipts for last 5 years (my ownership)

GT3 centre console delete kit (not currently installed)

Send me a message if interested or for more photos/log book details.

Phil

A6144051-6042-45BA-9822-468071DB88CD_1_105_c.jpeg

A3787A20-9889-4BCD-B3F5-9D54B18015FB_1_105_c.jpeg

68B026ED-EBA6-41D0-9DB1-ADC43D4F48A2_1_201_a.jpeg

2AAA91B9-CBFD-4DB8-A03D-FBE8FCCCC449_1_105_c.jpeg

A couple more photos with Taco tail attached

0A48542B-1D31-440F-A10B-18DB6D545B1D_1_105_c.jpeg

1D97B49A-57AA-4DF6-B7FB-94295D707903_1_105_c.jpeg

F20EA973-5A5A-4E9E-A7B1-389063686327_1_105_c.jpeg

I knew this day was coming 🙄

I've driven a couple or 3 996's which I've thoroughly enjoyed, and as most people know, they're a great car in standard form.

Now this might be long, and will probably sound biased and a sales spiel, as Phil is a mate of mine and I've driven this car a couple of times, yet I'm saying this honestly to anyone who is looking for a 996.

With the suspension upgrades, I firmly believe you won't find a better driving 996, as I've driven it a day after driving a standard 996 of the same year. I know Phil has spent a decent wedge of coin on it with the IMS etc sorted out, and he's very particular with this car, so I'm sure anyone would be happy to own it.

The steering is so precise, and although the suspension is firm, it's not uncomfortable in the hills on bumpy roads. I drove it both times at a fair clip on roads I know very well (catching and harrasing 2 big sport bikes blew my mind!), though nowhere near where I would if it was my own car, and it was bloody good fun! 

It's THE car I've wanted to buy for 3 years (had my chance but wasn't ready), and that hasn't changed, though I'm sadly not in the position to be able to buy it...unfortunately. 

If you're after a bloody good car, I'd be calling Phil for a chat 👍

2 hours ago, PhilH said:

Go on Lee...you know you want it 🙂

I am starting to look at Taycans for my car in Sweden.   A good 996 manual over there costs more than here!

You know I do 🙄😉

As for a Taycan...I think I'll leave you alone on that one mate 😅

A yellow one on Carsales is asking 135k. 
Has 130000 k’s and aerokit. I think that’s over priced and yours is fairly reasonably priced. 
Just my thoughts. 
GLWS. 

2 hours ago, sjm said:

Has 130000 k’s and aerokit. I think that’s over priced and yours is fairly reasonably priced. 
Just my thoughts. 
GLWS. 

Yes that seems a tad high to me - I based my price on what I would pay for it knowing the car and what has been done to keep it in the condition it is.

I am happy to leave it here and just use it when I am back on leave for a month a year, however don't think that would do it any favours.   I did agonise over putting it up for sale.

9 hours ago, Mttel said:

Phil,

GLWS and you forgot to note the exhaust.

MH

Oh yeah!  Mind you, the list would have been long if I noted everything that has been done/replaced/improved on the car since I have owned it.

14 hours ago, LeeM said:

I knew this day was coming 🙄

I've driven a couple or 3 996's which I've thoroughly enjoyed, and as most people know, they're a great car in standard form.

Now this might be long, and will probably sound biased and a sales spiel, as Phil is a mate of mine and I've driven this car a couple of times, yet I'm saying this honestly to anyone who is looking for a 996.

With the suspension upgrades, I firmly believe you won't find a better driving 996, as I've driven it a day after driving a standard 996 of the same year. I know Phil has spent a decent wedge of coin on it with the IMS etc sorted out, and he's very particular with this car, so I'm sure anyone would be happy to own it.

The steering is so precise, and although the suspension is firm, it's not uncomfortable in the hills on bumpy roads. I drove it both times at a fair clip on roads I know very well (catching and harrasing 2 big sport bikes blew my mind!), though nowhere near where I would if it was my own car, and it was bloody good fun! 

It's THE car I've wanted to buy for 3 years (had my chance but wasn't ready), and that hasn't changed, though I'm sadly not in the position to be able to buy it...unfortunately. 

If you're after a bloody good car, I'd be calling Phil for a chat 👍

Go on Lee just buy it. As mentioned, Phil is a mate of yours be almost rude not to.

7 hours ago, sjm said:

Has 130000 k’s and aerokit. 

I laughed when I saw that!!!

I reckon Phil's price is right on the money, perhaps just a tad cheap even.  I will be very interested in what the final price is, as it will set a benchmark for a well sorted, not totally original car that has been used as it should. 

Just in process of doing some non-original bodywork mods (ducktail, GT3 type sideskirts and GT3 type lower front spoiler thingo to mine, and will paint my wheel centres gold to set off my seal grey paint.......

55 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Go on Lee ……. You can even bank the difference once you’ve sold the SC!  It may get you back into the hills on a Sunday morning?

that's a great idea @LeeM and @PhilH. All you need to do Lee is trade it with Phil....work out the cash your way (discounted cos you're mates 🙂) and you're in happiness mode.  Phil has sold his car and he's happy.  You've got a cracker 996, cash in the bank for the missus and rainy days, and you're happy.

6 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I laughed when I saw that!!!

I reckon Phil's price is right on the money, perhaps just a tad cheap even.  I will be very interested in what the final price is, as it will set a benchmark for a well sorted, not totally original car that has been used as it should. 

Just in process of doing some non-original bodywork mods (ducktail, GT3 type sideskirts and GT3 type lower front spoiler thingo to mine, and will paint my wheel centres gold to set off my seal grey paint.......

I had the ducktail, Fuch wheels and the shark fin stone guards sitting in my cart with Design 911. (aka the “CSR” look from RPM Technik), but this job came up so I have just kept the cart loaded up in case I get no offers…as per this link

image.jpeg.22ed08ae3166835a66373abbc8d53be2.jpeg

Just now, PhilH said:
4 minutes ago, PhilH said:

I had the ducktail, Fuch wheels and the shark fin stone guards sitting in my cart with Design 911. (aka the “CSR” look from RPM Technik), but this job came up so I have just kept the cart loaded up in case I get no offers…as per this link

image.jpeg.22ed08ae3166835a66373abbc8d53be2.jpeg

hope this works,!,

6 hours ago, Rick V said:

Go on Lee ……. You can even bank the difference once you’ve sold the SC!  It may get you back into the hills on a Sunday morning?

5 hours ago, jakroo said:

that's a great idea @LeeM and @PhilH. All you need to do Lee is trade it with Phil....work out the cash your way (discounted cos you're mates 🙂) and you're in happiness mode.  Phil has sold his car and he's happy.  You've got a cracker 996, cash in the bank for the missus and rainy days, and you're happy.

That has all been in my head for the past 3 years 🙄😁

As much as it is a good scenario, her indoors has always been the little voice of reason with "Don't be a dickhead, as you know you'll regret it..." 🙄

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

That has all been in my head for the past 3 years 🙄😁

As much as it is a good scenario, her indoors has always been the little voice of reason with "Don't be a dickhead, as you know you'll regret it..." 🙄

That's the problem with pragmatic and logical reasoning, the chance of regret is significantly reduced 😁 

21 minutes ago, jakroo said:

That's the problem with pragmatic and logical reasoning, the chance of regret is significantly reduced 😁 

Yeah, she gives me the shits with her logical bullshit sometimes 🙄

The phrase "It's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission" suggests that taking action without seeking approval may be more effective than seeking permission beforehand. However, it's important to note that this approach can also lead to negative consequences and should be used with caution.

2 hours ago, PhilH said:

Take her for a drive and she will be converted!! 😁😁

Tried the "It's more comfortable, has air cond..." the last time I discussed it with her mate 😅

Yeah I totally get that @hugh, though though what I'd need/want versus what I'd actually get, are probably too far apart

3 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

you seen what some of these w@nkers have been asking?!! 😱

you may be pleasantly surprised......

Yeah I have noticed that a bit mate 😅