Anti Vent

Never thought I'd see this...

This morning I'm batting along the Hume Hwy towards Mittagong.  Medium traffic.  Saw at least 6 patrol cars between Syd and the Highlands and a truck that had been pulled over by an unmarked police car (White, non-descript Toyota) with flashing red/blue lights.  VERY heavy police presence.

Anyway, I'm getting along at about 120 passing some cars, getting passed by others.  Guy in an older (>10yrs old) white sedan (Toyota, Mazda - something) comes up behind me quite quickly - 130-140 maybe.  I pull into the left lane and notice there's a newish SUV following him.  They pass and I pull in behind them to get dragged along.  We come up to a truck in the left lane with some wally beside him in the right lane.  Wally inches past over several km and once past the truck keeps in the right lane.  After a little while, white sedan gets jack of wally and pulls into the left lane to pass.  Expecting SUV to do the same, I'm getting ready to follow suite.  Next second, SUV lights up like a Christmas tree.  I thought to myself, - 'guy in white sedan's toast'.  Unbelievably, SUV pulls over wally for hogging the right lane!  Can you believe it?   I'm still getting over it - there may be a god after all...  A bit concerning with all the unmarked patrol cars though.

Now that should be under "whats putting a smile on my dial"

Anti Vent

Never thought I'd see this...

This morning I'm batting along the Hume Hwy towards Mittagong.  Medium traffic.  Saw at least 6 patrol cars between Syd and the Highlands and a truck that had been pulled over by an unmarked police car (White, non-descript Toyota) with flashing red/blue lights.  VERY heavy police presence.

Anyway, I'm getting along at about 120 passing some cars, getting passed by others.  Guy in an older (>10yrs old) white sedan (Toyota, Mazda - something) comes up behind me quite quickly - 130-140 maybe.  I pull into the left lane and notice there's a newish SUV following him.  They pass and I pull in behind them to get dragged along.  We come up to a truck in the left lane with some wally beside him in the right lane.  Wally inches past over several km and once past the truck keeps in the right lane.  After a little while, white sedan gets jack of wally and pulls into the left lane to pass.  Expecting SUV to do the same, I'm getting ready to follow suite.  Next second, SUV lights up like a Christmas tree.  I thought to myself, - 'guy in white sedan's toast'.  Unbelievably, SUV pulls over wally for hogging the right lane!  Can you believe it?   I'm still getting over it - there may be a god after all...  A bit concerning with all the unmarked patrol cars though.

you sure this isn't one of those stories that ends with...

"then I woke up and it was morning"   <_< 

Have spent the last fortnight trying to track down Milletk TBE for the GTI which I purchased well over a month ago from the UK. It was meant to be delivered in 5-7 days.

I contacted the vendor and got the tracking number – the last activity noted was on 19/4 saying that it had arrived in Aus and was being processed. So I emailed the courier and asked them if they could track it down. They said they need all the details; sender & receiver address, description etc (i.e. all the same info that would be on the consignment!) which I duly provided. They replied saying that they need the request to come from the sender. Seems like a pointless exercise given it was last seen in their facility; what difference does it make who makes the request?

Anyhow, so I got the sender to provide all the same info to which the courier simply replied, “get the receiver to call 13----“

Said number is for general enquiries – all they could tell me was that there was an attempted delivery but the driver was told there was no one there by that name…..WTF…I live alone!

They are unable to tell me where it ended up.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF 

I feel your pain JV.    

Same problem with Star Track, supposed to be getting a NAVMAN back to me after being repaired under warranty.

Following it with the issued tracking number, and the thing has been delivered :) ......well delivered...... but not to me :( .

At least they have a signature for it and its in N.S.W. which is a tad North from where I am :o  .

Enquiries pending :wacko:  .

I have been told by someone in the game, that STAR TRACK will be taking over most of AUSTPOST deliveries.

Not sure who is going to be the better.....or worse® :huh:

Has anyone had experience making a claim through paypal?

I normally pay on my credit card so making a claim is easy, however on this occasion I inadvertantly used paypal :(

If PayPal don't play to the rules, just chargrback though your bank. PayPal are the acquiring merchant in this instancE.

Having said that, I have had troubles in the past, as a dispute can also affect your own PayPal account.

I feel your pain JV.

Same problem with Star Track, supposed to be getting a NAVMAN back to me after being repaired under warranty.

Following it with the issued tracking number, and the thing has been delivered :) ......well delivered...... but not to me :( .

At least they have a signature for it and its in N.S.W. which is a tad North from where I am :o .

Enquiries pending :wacko: .

I have been told by someone in the game, that STAR TRACK will be taking over most of AUSTPOST deliveries.

Not sure who is going to be the better.....or worse® :huh:

Niko's Navman got lost ! :D.

Sorry Niko. Too good to let go to the keeper.

btw Star Track is owned by AUS Post.

Star Track are a bunch of clowns. When I ordered my new iPhone 6 it  got sent to Perth by accident!  From Melbourne, when all they had to do was deliver it to me, in Melbourne...  but it went on a 3 day return trip to Perth!

Never had a problem with Australia Post/Star track.

Two different drivers deliver here.

Although one guy I sent a package to in Melbourne, the superintendent of his complex signed for it and forgot to tell him. I don't think they should allow that.

Never had a problem with Australia Post/Star track.

Two different drivers deliver here.

Although one guy I sent a package to in Melbourne, the superintendent of his complex signed for it and forgot to tell him. I don't think they should allow that.

Unfortunately they just went it gone out of their van!!

The other week I ordered a new pair of grey shoelaces (from tazzie). Specific colour to match the shoes. Waited a week and when they arrived I realised that I ordered the wrong colour.

The other day I ordered new front rotors and pads for the 911. Picked up from the post office and realised that I only ordered one rotor.

What next.

Niko's Navman got lost ! :D.

Sorry Niko. Too good to let go to the keeper.

btw Star Track is owned by AUS Post.

"I'd be "lost" without my Navman.

So STAR TRACK and Auspost Have already joined forces. That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence...

I had a call today from "Telstra technical department" about my internet problem. I don't think so! Anyway, thought I'd do the right thing and report it to Telstra, called the number on the website and they basically weren't interested and told me to call a different govt. number. Screw 'em. I've already wasted one call.

I had a call today from "Telstra technical department" about my internet problem. I don't think so! Anyway, thought I'd do the right thing and report it to Telstra, called the number on the website and they basically weren't interested and told me to call a different govt. number. Screw 'em. I've already wasted one call.

That's a well used, tried and tested scam that will always pick a few victims.   Sad, but true.

OAP's doing 65 in a 100 zone with no chance of being able to overtake on a windy country road!

Beyond frustrating

o1cztz8gsesiwom7otah.gif

Hey.....I represent that OAP remark.....