Hmmmm. Let me vent.

Currently in Abu Dhabi where the freeways are five lanes across.

Where the drivers can drive.

Where the left lane means..... I am going to bloody well overtake you and you should not be going slower than me if you are not overtaking yourself.

Wow! I'm impressed with your ingenuity!I needed eBay to do the same......

Simplest thing ever.

One led torch

One roll clear sticky tape

Blue sharpie/niko pen

Purple sharpie/niko pen

Put one layer of tape over torch lens, overlap strips to cover it all depending on lens size

Color in tape with blue pen

Put another layer of tape on top

Color in tape with blue pen

put another layer of tape on top

color in tape with purple pen

Go and find AC leaks in dark garage, or impress the kids with hidden messages using yellow highlighter.

I also discovered my line trimmer cord is fluorescent.

Give it a try!

Vent!!!

Heard funny noise from engine, rushed over to mechanic this morning...

Failing water pump

NOOOOOO.......

Sigh.

Also, my idle issue could be a sticky lifter issue... = drop engine out issue = open wallet time

Sigh.

I thought the Porsche would be more reliable than the lotus.... sigh.

I HATE THAT NEW MITSUBISHI AD ON TV........

.IT'S A MITSI.. IT'S A MITSI.....IT'S A MITSI....

HATE IT WITH A PASSION... :angry:

BUT

I went and had a look at the new Outlander on Saturday morning, after looking at the comparison write up it got against the X-TRAIL in the Herald Sun last week. 

first thing that came out of my mouth when talking to the salesman

"can I have a look at the new MITSI Exceed."  

AAARRGGGHHH I said it...I nearly reached into my throat and pulled my tongue out.

e1cbd3e3-6159-447e-92fe-f36b88476610.gif 

The salesman said straight off, "the ad has obviously worked on you, ha ha" 

AAAAARRRGGGHHHH   I think he might be right..........

I HATE THAT NEW MITSUBISHI AD ON TV........

.IT'S A MITSI.. IT'S A MITSI.....IT'S A MITSI....

HATE IT WITH A PASSION... :angry:

BUT

I went and had a look at the new Outlander on Saturday morning, after looking at the comparison write up it got against the X-TRAIL in the Herald Sun last week. 

first thing that came out of my mouth when talking to the salesman

"can I have a look at the new MITSI Exceed."  

AAARRGGGHHH I said it...I nearly reached into my throat and pulled my tongue out.

e1cbd3e3-6159-447e-92fe-f36b88476610.gif

The salesman said straight off, "the ad has obviously worked on you, ha ha" 

AAAAARRRGGGHHHH   I think he might be right..........

Signing up to the PFA doesn`t mean you have to tell us all your deepest, darkest, wierdo secrets Niko

I said to Mrs Coastr the other day - I wonder how long it will be before someone I know calls something a 'mitsi' instead of a Mitsubishi?

I didn't expect someone to actually own up to it - I expected them to be caught off-guard!

I spent a chunk of childhood in the back of various mitsubishis.  Their whiny sirius engines put me off for life.  I was in love with the Starion when they first came out.  Leather seats and digital dash and popup lights - man, heady stuff in the early 80s.

Having said that, I did know a guy with an old sigma wagon with a turbocharged 2.6 Astron.  Man that thing hustled.

Daughter and Son In Law went out and purchased two new Iphone 6 plus....

paying more than $2000.00  (against my better judgement I might add :angry: )

Anyway... they also purchased two protective covers at the same shop which are supposed to protect and waterproof the phones, at $110.00 each.

They set the phones up, and then put the covers on, and after making a few phone calls realised that most people cannot understand what they are saying, it sounds like they are talking under water. Seriously degrades the quality of the phone.

Took the covers straight back the following day, explained to the retailer, who said "there's nothing they can do about it"  (After spending close to $2500.00 there..... p%#$&s) 

Very ordinary.... on both the quality of the product, and the retailer who refused to refund or exchange for a different type of cover.

refuses to even send it back to his supplier, saying he hasn't had any complaints before.

Interesting comment because the day before when they purchased the phones and the covers, the other salesman said they were the first to purchase those particular covers.

So if you have just got yourself an Iphone6 and you were thinking of getting one of these covers I would say DON'T.   

IMG_0534.jpg 

IMG_0535.jpg

Hmmmm. Let me vent.

Currently in Abu Dhabi where the freeways are five lanes across.

Where the drivers can drive.

Where the left lane means..... I am going to bloody well overtake you and you should not be going slower than me if you are not overtaking yourself.

I know other countries have this problem. cant put my finger on which one it was.  <_<

Daughter and Son In Law went out and purchased two new Iphone 6 plus....

paying more than $2000.00  (against my better judgement I might add :angry: )

Anyway... they also purchased two protective covers at the same shop which are supposed to protect and waterproof the phones, at $110.00 each.

They set the phones up, and then put the covers on, and after making a few phone calls realised that most people cannot understand what they are saying, it sounds like they are talking under water. Seriously degrades the quality of the phone.

Took the covers straight back the following day, explained to the retailer, who said "there's nothing they can do about it"  (After spending close to $2500.00 there..... p%#$&s) 

Very ordinary.... on both the quality of the product, and the retailer who refused to refund or exchange for a different type of cover.

refuses to even send it back to his supplier, saying he hasn't had any complaints before.

Interesting comment because the day before when they purchased the phones and the covers, the other salesman said they were the first to purchase those particular covers.

So if you have just got yourself an Iphone6 and you were thinking of getting one of these covers I would say DON'T.   

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

I wouldn't have a phone near water regardless. but that would piss me off also if a product doesn't work as its should and paying that much money for it. 

I used to work at 'Mitsi's' as we called it.

Or 'Bitsamissin' depending if we could be buggered working that particular day!

I used to work at 'Mitsi's' as we called it.

Or 'Bitsamissin' depending if we could be buggered working that particular day!

Interesting work ethic. Can't believe Mitsubishi pulled out of Australia

Australian Consumer Law would be the three words I would be using against this retailer. Pretty simple case to get a refund.f

Australian Consumer Law is very clear and protective of the consumer. It has become a retailers nightmare.

Here is a small extract with enough info to give you the confidence and quotes required.

Replacements and refunds

You can ask for a replacement or refund if the problem with the product is major.

Replaced products must be of an identical type to the product originally supplied. Refunds should be the same amount you have already paid, provided in the same form as your original payment.

The business may take into account how much time has passed since you bought the product considering the following factors:

type of product

how a consumer is likely to use the product

the length of time for which it is reasonable for the product to be used

the amount of use it could reasonably be expected to tolerate before the failure becomes noticeable.

For a major problem with services you can cancel the contract and obtain a refund or seek compensation for the drop in value of your services provided compared to the price paid.

What is a major problem?

A product or good has a major problem when:

it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it

it is unsafe

it is significantly different from the sample or description

it doesn’t do what the business said it would, or what you asked for and can’t easily be fixed.

A service has a major problem when:

it has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying it if they’d known about it

it is substantially unfit for its common purpose and can’t easily be fixed within a reasonable time

it does not meet the specific purpose you asked for and cannot easily be fixed within a reasonable time

it creates an unsafe situation.

Returning the product

You are responsible for returning the product, unless the cost of doing so is significant. In this case, the business must organise and pay for the return or exchange.

Examples of goods the supplier would have to collect:

127 cm LCD TV

bed

swimming pool filter connected to a pool by fixed pipes

extension ladder stuck in the extended position.

You do not have to return products in the original packaging in order to get a refund.

Thanks Tman, I will print that off, try and go with my daughter and give the shop another go at reacting as they should.

Wouldn't you think after buying the phones (2nd pair they have purchased there, plus they have their plan through them)

They would just do the "look after your customer " thing. I'm really disappointed with the business.

Thanks Tman, I will print that off, try and go with my daughter and give the shop another go at reacting as they should.

Niko, the approach that I have found cuts through very well is to ask very politely:

"If you were receiving this level of service, how happy would you be?"

If the service is cruddy, it's a very hard question to fight back from, and it avoids any escalation (descent?) into an angry standoff.

Niko, the approach that I have found cuts through very well is to ask very politely:

"If you were receiving this level of service, how happy would you be?"

If the service is cruddy, it's a very hard question to fight back from, and it avoids any escalation (descent?) into an angry standoff.

Thanks James, that is a great question to put to them.

My daughter and Son in Law have been the ones dealing with the business, and were prepared to cut their losses, put it down to

experience, and put the covers on gumtree.  

I don't think they should be doing that.  

I will be going back with them and try your approach, which is a good one.  

I will also have the guide lines supplied by Tman in my back pocket as a back up approach.

Pauly it is just a franchise of a phone network service provider and only two people work there.   Both are aware of the problem.