Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Lightweight 2.7 chassis? I'm going to start using that

Im more interested in the "retains the preferred pedal box" comment. Preferred? Compared to what? The non-preferred pedal box? Whats that then? The one without the clutch? Or the one on the other side of the car?

Nice looking car, great fun no doubt, but grossly overpriced. Modified shell, wrong engine, resprayed, left hook. The worlds gone mad.

95k on the carsales ad nathan

i think the last two for sale were 120 or so?

You're right.

Cheap car at $95,000, if you are colour blind and can take Gemballa modifications in your stride. In thar car you could be arrested every time you took it out, for causing public offence.

$120,000 plus for a 3.6 Turbo 964 now, and climbing fast. There is a yellow one in WA that a dealer tried to sell at $150,000 for ages, nice car but modified. Sold in the end for not much less than that. For a good colour combination, asking $140,000 wouldn't be off the mark. Be a nice 911 to have in the shed.

Is that not a PFA members car? Younger guy, had a thread re: importing from the sates etc. Being a US car and the mention of the ducktail methinks that's the car.

I'll try and dig up the original thread. From memory I think he bought it quite cheap, looks nice though.

it is

simon what are the 3.3 964 turbo's worth? not seen one for sale in ages

You're right.

Cheap car at $95,000, if you are colour blind and can take Gemballa modifications in your stride. In thar car you could be arrested every time you took it out, for causing public offence.

$120,000 plus for a 3.6 Turbo 964 now, and climbing fast. There is a yellow one in WA that a dealer tried to sell at $150,000 for ages, nice car but modified. Sold in the end for not much less than that. For a good colour combination, asking $140,000 wouldn't be off the mark. Be a nice 911 to have in the shed.

I remember there was a Yellow 3.6 964 Turbo in Darwin,  had a different colour yellow boot lid  (spray can canary yellow).  Despite that, I wanted it, but ….usual story. 

Wonder if it is the same one.  

im not sure if this has been discussed before - low import numbers in australia, buckets of torque...

youll be the only one at the next SMT driving this baby - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/vintage-porsche-tractor-/291162627703?pt=AU_HeavyMachinery&hash=item43caa51e77

im not sure if this has been discussed before - low import numbers in australia, buckets of torque...

youll be the only one at the next SMT driving this baby - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/vintage-porsche-tractor-/291162627703?pt=AU_HeavyMachinery&hash=item43caa51e77

The cabriolets have never been that popular tho

So,

Found this for sale on Car-sales and it caught my attention as I'm always looking for other "Aussie Delivered" cars to compare mine to....

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1983/SSE-AD-2829005/?Cr=20&sdmvc=1

Are the Aussie delivered SC's at this price point yet?

I thought maybe the Carrera's might be close but not the SC's.....

It will be interesting to see how long it lasts or lingers.

Although surely some new bumper bellows, a lick of paint on the wheels and a new rubber front spoiler would have helped with the presentation. The chunks out of the current one looks like he's made a habit of running over cyclists.

As for SC vs C3.2 prices, surely we're close to the point where it doesn't matter and it's condition, condition, condition?

The fresh motor is counter balanced with the 320 thousand k the rest of the car has done, which is really getting up there. Nice looking car but pretty optimistic pricing. I hope my SC motor gets to 300 thou before a rebuild is required!

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-498927&Cr=18

…… 3.6 with G50 and it has the light weight chassis too !!!

Uncle ?

That is exactly the car I need. Might be time to drop the price a little on the Gemballa.

Edit. That is exactly the car I need and a less than 40k price.