Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I thought about that but there is only 60 odd cars up for sale .... I think there are over 400 in the "collection" (sales yard) ...

We'll find out in time, me thinks ....

...or cars haven’t sold as quickly as hoped, so a bit of marketing hopefully coupled with cash flow. I think he’s made one glaring error in his business model. I gather he has brought in a lot of cars from overseas to flog here. But: Australians like Australian delivered cars. So bringing in container loads of cars from overseas puts you behind the 8 ball at the beginning. Europeans don’t care so much and will be likely to buy a car from another country, and this is where he made his money. The business model is completely different here...

...or cars haven’t sold as quickly as hoped, so a bit of marketing hopefully coupled with cash flow. I think he’s made one glaring error in his business model. I gather he has brought in a lot of cars from overseas to flog here. But: Australians like Australian delivered cars. So bringing in container loads of cars from overseas puts you behind the 8 ball at the beginning. Europeans don’t care so much and will be likely to buy a car from another country, and this is where he made his money. The business model is completely different here...

Don't forget the ridiculously overpriced figures that he wants for them .... might be another reason they have been slow to move ...

I thought about that but there is only 60 odd cars up for sale .... I think there are over 400 in the "collection" (sales yard) ...

We'll find out in time, me thinks ....

"With more than 60 iconic cars for auction to make way for newly purchased collections" if this were the actual reason, why on earth would you get rid of such rare cars as a 959, Carrera GT, XJR-15 and a Miura??! Needs cash badly....

"With more than 60 iconic cars for auction to make way for newly purchased collections" if this were the actual reason, why on earth would you get rid of such rare cars as a 959, Carrera GT, XJR-15 and a Miura??! Needs cash badly....

agree, smells like cashflow issues smothered in a good story to avoid the Sharks circling.  Can't imagine what's in the newly purchased collection that trumps the existing collection that they are off loading.

will be an interesting one to watch, if no or low reserves that reinforces the above view, fire sale

Edited by DJM

Why on earth.. because if you look around the classic car scene ther are a few GT's , 959 , Rs and ore for sale..

If you have no restrictions to bring em , like they do, your world is your oyster

I guess one thing is , the Aus market is very very small … How many clasic car buyers are there here? Look at out shambles of auction houses , they barely cover 50 lots 

The other thing is they bought a lot of shit when they setup 

I have heard of a couple of car 'Museums' (aka car collections) being sold off recently. A mate bought a Pontiac Fiero for peanuts at a museum clearing sale. Hardly a 'classic' but this was the level of quality in that collection.

Maybe there has been a change in TAX law, meaning the museums have lost some local financial advantage? 

I'm struggling to know how I feel about this one ..... either the guy is a genius, or just plain greedy.

Fancy charging $25 for the privilege of bidding on a car at auction or just turning up to have a look .... that is more than the regular admission price ..

https://classiccars.pickles.com.au/

I know of one of our members here got to sit in the 959 2 days ago, freshly serviced and ready for the auction maybe, sent me photo's lucky basket, estimated $3million.

Yeah it's what i got told.

They got to get it first, i've got my doubt's, not that i know anything about that market. Sent me a pic though.

xiLrRQV.jpg

Gotta love Porsche, they create one of the best cars of it's day and possibly all time (and most expensive!), yet stick on a steering wheel that is on the rest of the range.... :blink:

Interesting to see what they do get.....

As far as i was aware this was the "sports" steering wheel and used to be an option, 959 was released in '86 so would go with that era wouldn't it?

I had an '86 944 and that steering wheel was an option then, i like them, it's on my turbo as well.

It is identical the the standard wheel in my 928 (83) and standard to 911s I think. My point was that they could have given it a special wheel.

It is special... they stamped "959" under the porsche logo ;)

Jokes aside, will be very interesting to see what the reserve prices are on these when they go under the hammer...

993 RS style for sale on gumtree:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/newcastle/cars-vans-utes/porsche-unique-sport-purpose-993-coupe/1160659328

I believe there is a post on PFA somewhere on the build from the previous owner. I remember reading it and thinking what I nice car it would be.

I had the pleasure of seeing this car a few months ago during a Porsche drive, it would certainly be worth considering if you were in the market for a 993.

993 RS style for sale on gumtree:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/newcastle/cars-vans-utes/porsche-unique-sport-purpose-993-coupe/1160659328

I believe there is a post on PFA somewhere on the build from the previous owner. I remember reading it and thinking what I nice car it would be.

I had the pleasure of seeing this car a few months ago during a Porsche drive, it would certainly be worth considering if you were in the market for a 993.

Think you will find its sold .. yes chased that around the Byron Countryside ..