Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I'm confused about this car, is it just a hot rod? A copy of a rare bird ? 

http://autohaushamilton.com.au/porsche-sales/porsches-for-sale

I have been over that car more than once in detail.. if you have specific question , Im happy to answer in private 

As I mentioned before in the 2-3 iterations in its life of this car -RSR>IROC>RSR , where on earth it keeps gaining 30k in value  added to what it was december 2016 , I still  cant quite work out.  Im not sure we are in the bull market still.

The iterations in my own opinion make it worse in terms of paint and body , not better and people seem to think that justifies a price . It started as a good race car. Personal preference upgrades since then aint added much to its engineering pedigree again in fact have taken it backward.

I have been over that car more than once in detail.. if you have specific question , Im happy to answer in private 

As I mentioned before in the 2-3 iterations in its life of this car -RSR>IROC>RSR , where on earth it keeps gaining 30k in value  added to what it was december 2016 , I still  cant quite work out.  Im not sure we are in the bull market still.

The iterations in my own opinion make it worse in terms of paint and body , not better and people seem to think that justifies a price . It started as a good race car. Personal preference upgrades since then aint added much to its engineering pedigree again in fact have taken it backward.

not sure if we are talking about the same car? I'm confused about the 993 speedster thingy, not at all interested in buying it, just don't understand why it would be worth 300k if it's just a clone. Or have I missed  something? 

not sure if we are talking about the same car? I'm confused about the 993 speedster thingy, not at all interested in buying it, just don't understand why it would be worth 300k if it's just a clone. Or have I missed  something? 

Ah you mean the convertable hotrod.. very pretty hey ??  How to take a 993 worth 50k back then and chuck 50K at it and then think its worth 300k .. 

I gotta go back to school and learn about that math and investment models.

As I said , hard to fault it , but is it not just a hot rod

Take a 993 convertable , fatten it and add a screen and some clam shells and brakes .. what are we at in todays money ?

Shit I might do that to my  993 Turbo and it could be worth 300 or 350k.. now thats lateral thinking 

This should probably be in the "WANTED" section, but here goes.  Moderators please move if necessary.

I am still tossing up between 944S2 or 996 to share the garage with our 987.  Having driven a good S2 manual today i think i could live with one of those, even though they  are definitely a 30 year old car.  So, to now try to locate a good 00/01/02 996 coupe for comparison purposes..

I have  scoured Carsales, Carsguide, Gumtree and club websites, and have come up with a list of possibles, but am interested whether there are any Forum members who wish to sell but have not yet advertised.

Here is my wishlist -

late first generation or early 2nd gen. C2.  Prefer IMS done

Coupe (we already have our soft top). 

Manual preferred but will consider Tip.

Preferably white, grey, yellow or silver, don't really like black 

Mileage around 100,000kms or less

Would consider RWOV at appropriate discount,  Must have full repair details-pictures etc

Full history & books preferred

The big one - Price $45,000 - $50,000

Location -Melbourne or Sydney, Tassie would be great!!!!

I will be in Melbourne 4/5 Nov and Sydney 6 Nov

PM me if you have something I may be interested in

Cheers

Peter in Tassie

Edited by TwoHeadsTas
Typos

This should probably be in the "WANTED" section, but here goes.  Moderators please move if necessary.

I am still tossing up between 944S2 or 996 to share the garage with our 987.  Having driven a good S2 manual today i think i could live with one of those, even though they  are definitely a 30 year old car.  So, to now try to locate a good 00/01/02 996 coupe for comparison purposes..

I have  scoured Carsales, Carsguide, Gumtree and club websites, and have come up with a list of possibles, but am interested whether there are any Forum members who wish to sell but have not yet advertised.

Here is my wishlist -

Would consider RWOV at appropriate discount,  Must have full repair details-pictures etc

Cheers

Peter in Tassie

sounds like exciting times ahead Peter! For that money too you could probably throw in a 968 as well (non CS)?

I think you should be able to get what you want for the $ you have. Good luck!

Here is my wishlist -

Cheers

Peter in Tassie

This would have to come into your equation surely. And it's about 5 mins from me.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2001/SSE-AD-5022407/?Cr=17

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera 996 Manual

We haven't discussed this , I think its a hairdressers car , well im pretty sure ,what do you think.. maybe RWB .. perhaps?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/brisbane-city/cars-vans-utes/1998-porsche-boxster-convertible-hot-pink-automatic-leather/1163049217

a 98 Boxster auto is worth what $10k at best minus to dogs dick paint job means $5k?  $28,500......hahahahhahhahahaa

sounds like exciting times ahead Peter! For that money too you could probably throw in a 968 as well (non CS)?

I think you should be able to get what you want for the $ you have. Good luck!

Adam, yes, definitely.  Can only find an auto for my price range for 944/968 at the moment.  Really tossing up there only being a $10-$15k price increase to get into a 996 over a 944/968

This would have to come into your equation surely. And it's about 5 mins from me.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2001/SSE-AD-5022407/?Cr=17

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera 996 Manual

Yes, that ones on my list, but it's black.  Really would prefer other than black....  But yes, I am considering it in the mix.

How far out of Sydney are you?  Debating whether to hire a car or just use trans / ferries

cheers

Peter

this one is back on the market again, just different photos plus $20K https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-5045298/?Cr=0tHIS

Can't understand why not sold at $100k.  Nice enough colours, seems like a good car to me.  Perhaps there is a back story?  If I was a clean skin looking to get into the P market I'd be looking hard at this.  Thrown on a set of gold centred BBS and happy days.

Here is my wishlist -

Cheers

Peter in Tassie

You're probably all over this already - https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-4752823/?Cr=9

Negotiable as well - I think people will really start to appreciate the cable throttle / first water pumper one day!!! - Just my opinion of course..

Jim.

You're probably all over this already - https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-4752823/?Cr=9

Negotiable as well - I think people will really start to appreciate the cable throttle / first water pumper one day!!! - Just my opinion of course..

Jim.

Certainly on my list of potentials for me to ring and arrange inspections.  It is a RWOV so will need to have full repair details available for me to be satisfied.  But appropriate price, although a couple of years older than I was really hoping for.

When I get the chance I'll post my spreadsheet of possibles and the ratings I've given various aspects of the vehicle.  It's quite interesting how the results have come up - in fact just about the most expensive car comes out as ranked 2nd.  Ratings of various aspects of the cars for other people will be different to mine as other people with have other priorities & preferences, so another person would end up with a quite different ranking of results I would think.

cheers

Peter

Can't understand why not sold at $100k.  Nice enough colours, seems like a good car to me.  Perhaps there is a back story?  If I was a clean skin looking to get into the P market I'd be looking hard at this.  Thrown on a set of gold centred BBS and happy days.

It did sell. I looked at this example back then and was close to closing. Fairly good condition, well priced at $100K.

Current seller is flipping it. Its funny how they always use the common reason for selling as "buying/building a house and run out of money" Flipping 101....

Adam, yes, definitely.  Can only find an auto for my price range for 944/968 at the moment.  Really tossing up there only being a $10-$15k price increase to get into a 996 over a 944/968

Yes, that ones on my list, but it's black.  Really would prefer other than black....  But yes, I am considering it in the mix.

How far out of Sydney are you?  Debating whether to hire a car or just use trans / ferries

cheers

Peter

Keep an eye on the various Porsche Clubs around the country too.

a 98 Boxster auto is worth what $10k at best minus to dogs dick paint job means $5k?  $28,500......hahahahhahhahahaa

I heard it’s already sold to someone with more class than you lot. You just have no appreciation to uniqueness 

7_F221_B5_F-_ACFA-4_F7_C-9258-_C55_FEA29

Edited by rafikdous