Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 25 December 2017 at 6:48 PM, crsedge said:

It looks like a '72 with the side oil filler flap- and given that Factory RHD Targas were only on the agenda in 1973, so it is probably a LHD conversion to-boot.

This car is an example of what happens where there is too much conversion.... :wacko:

So it has:

- RHD conversion

- coupe / convertible conversion

- 911/959 converison

- 2.2? / ?? Conversion

- Fuchs / 80s madness wheels conversion

- 72 interior / ?? conversion 

at this rate the 72 quarter, oil tank and door are the most valuable bit, and would probably fetch ,ore separated from the rest of the car

Hey does anyone know anything about this 964, or have any thoughts on the price or state of the market? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1991/SSE-AD-4777861

I actually had a look at it a while ago and offered 120k which wasn’t accepted. It has low km and looks to be a good example. 

It’s been for sale for a very long time. 

Thanks if anyone can add anything, cheers 

1 hour ago, klassisch said:

Hey does anyone know anything about this 964, or have any thoughts on the price or state of the market? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1991/SSE-AD-4777861

I actually had a look at it a while ago and offered 120k which wasn’t accepted. It has low km and looks to be a good example. 

It’s been for sale for a very long time. 

Thanks if anyone can add anything, cheers 

I had a chat with the owner on Facebook (posted on 911 marketplace or 964 group) earlier this year and he’s chasing at least 10% more than your offer. He wasn’t desperate to sell and will wait for the market to come up to his price I suspect. It sounds like an excellent example. Uncommon colour and likely nothing more to spend. 

Pm me if you want his details. 

10 minutes ago, Jase11 said:

I had a chat with the owner on Facebook (posted on 911 marketplace or 964 group) earlier this year and he’s chasing at least 10% more than your offer. He wasn’t desperate to sell and will wait for the market to come up to his price I suspect. It sounds like an excellent example. Uncommon colour and likely nothing more to spend. 

Pm me if you want his details. 

Thanks Jase appreciate your comments. I might go and have another good look over it and I’ll pm you if I want to get in touch with the owner, cheers for that..

46 minutes ago, tazzieman said:

Man that's nice.  Would possibly prefer original Cromodora's on it, but otherwise looks to be a really nice example...

On 05/12/2017 at 4:16 PM, hugh said:

Hi All

Been looking for a long hood for some time, LHD doesn’t phase me as I am likely to export the right find in a few years time. Spoke to the owner, car has been garaged for the last 2 years, currently undergoing a full inspection at Porsche Perth. It is seemingly in great condition (I’ll know more soon) but seems a little pricy when looking at other LHD internationally. Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Monsieurf said:

Hi All

Been looking for a long hood for some time, LHD doesn’t phase me as I am likely to export the right find in a few years time. Spoke to the owner, car has been garaged for the last 2 years, currently undergoing a full inspection at Porsche Perth. It is seemingly in great condition (I’ll know more soon) but seems a little pricy when looking at other LHD internationally. Thoughts?

Looks beautiful. Price seems relatively good value. If Hugh is interested I’m surprised it’s not already gone ?

I'm following a car over a rise and there is a highway patrol parked on the shoulder. We both pass him in all his colours and I am surprised to see this muppet in front of me take the next right corner over the painted centre line.

Oops, that's gunna cost him.

Dohhhh.

Edit: dunno how I managed to get this in this thread. Dohhhhh. ?

2 hours ago, GUT said:

2 hours ago, GUT said:

@LeeM

What’s one of these worth restored with a non-matching engine?

$55k plus resto plus 912 engine minus sale of 911 engine would add up I’d imagine

Depends if anyone would want it as a basic runner to enjoy/hot rod and not worry about a nut n bolt resto. Sure that would add up when done correctly and if it's not a rust monster, yet when similar year 911's of varying condition are anywhere from $150 to $500k (depending on sellers optimism), some wouldn't bother putting a 912 engine back in. It's non matching numbers now, so it would be a costly and pointless exercise. I know a nice converted and non matching numbers 912/6cyl sold for $210k earlier this year, so some are still paying decent coin for them, as RHD are just way too much. A restored matching numbers LHD 912 would be $80 to $100k I imagine, so in the lower half of that as non matching. @9er would have more of an idea methinks. 

1 hour ago, D2000 said:

Nice!