Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

4 hours ago, Coastr said:

Wait...a lhd import in an undesirable colour for $140k?  If that sells there's a new high water mark.

If that sells for anything over $100k, my factory RHD Hong Kong car just went up by 30 grand! 

I like the white one above though. $95k is getting up there for a converted car

8 minutes ago, ANF said:

Indeed.

It appears that the days of the ultra cheap 996.1s is gone......??

I missed all those myself!

Ended up with a 996.2 but was a hard decision between that and an early cable throttle.....like this.

Jim.

12 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Now that's a nice car with some good bits on it. 

I'd assess it a very fairly priced too. Mileage good as well I reckon.   Just a pity it's in WA for us in the East.  Centre Console delete looks interesting too.

Suspect this one won't last long @iluvbrownale

5 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Centre Console delete looks interesting too.

Other than trying to mimic a GT3 I see little point in this "option" and would be a deterrent to me, storage in Porsches is minimal already....

2 hours ago, ANF said:

Other than trying to mimic a GT3 I see little point in this "option" and would be a deterrent to me, storage in Porsches is minimal already....

Yep agree, unless you're hotting the car up a bit and it looks good along with other int sporty changes eg wheel, seats maybe, I'd be leaving the centre as orig, no glovebox was a mistake on these, although door storage is largish - but small criticism I guess overall on a reasonable car - photos look nice.

7 minutes ago, Trimar666 said:

What's the thoughts on beige interiors. I like this car but I just don't know about the beige. The same goes for a few cars with grey that are about at the moment.  The graphite grey seems a bit darker but the light grey I'm not so sure. $$ seem good on the below.

http://m.quicksales.com.au/Details/704772671

Depends who you ask. I love this colour and the red ones too, while others hate them and think that it affects resale value. Me I would seek out a car like this. If you like it go for it, don't worry what others think..... the light grey ones on the other hand.....

Does seem good for a 4S, not sure on the 997 wheels though?

25 minutes ago, Trimar666 said:

What's the thoughts on beige interiors. I like this car but I just don't know about the beige. The same goes for a few cars with grey that are about at the moment.  The graphite grey seems a bit darker but the light grey I'm not so sure. $$ seem good on the below.

Our Cayenne is marine blue over beige. Love the colour, sure beats black.

Grey on the other hand... 

5 hours ago, ANF said:

Not wanting to sound like I'm having a go (I'm voicing my opinion with a smiley face ?), but a Porsche isn't about how much storage it has, It's a sports car. I'd do exactly what that guy has done with deleting the console, and probably rear seats, add a wing and a few other things, as that's what I like. I don't have kids, I don't take anyone for a drive and I wouldn't go on holidays with the missus in it, as it's my car for me and no-one else. If I wanted to do that, I'd buy a wagon ?

45 minutes ago, Trimar666 said:

I've had all sorts of interior colours because I'm always buying other peoples cars.  Beige/tan interiors can be great but just take a bit more effort to keep clean.  Beige/black is a good combo.  Everyone just goes for black but it is a bit boring after a while.  I'd love something like blue/red or silver/red or black/red.  I don't mind white/blue and brown/brown or red/brown either.

grey interiors are a bit like tan in that they can be nice airy places to be but are harder to keep clean.  Blue/grey and black/grey are good.

my take is that a sports car interior should be a little out there and not boring like a grey/black 3 series lease.

15 hours ago, Trimar666 said:

That dealership is about 2 minutes from my joint if you need a hand looking it over ....

15 hours ago, Coastr said:

I've had all sorts of interior colours because I'm always buying other peoples cars.  Beige/tan interiors can be great but just take a bit more effort to keep clean.  Beige/black is a good combo.  Everyone just goes for black but it is a bit boring after a while.  I'd love something like blue/red or silver/red or black/red.  I don't mind white/blue and brown/brown or red/brown either.

grey interiors are a bit like tan in that they can be nice airy places to be but are harder to keep clean.  Blue/grey and black/grey are good.

my take is that a sports car interior should be a little out there and not boring like a grey/black 3 series lease.

Bruce

Still shopping? Seen anything worth bringing home?

964, 993 or...

Brian in Buddina