1981 Porsche 911 SC Manual

• 82,783 km
  • Coupe
  • Manual
  • 6cyl 3.0L Petrol

Dealer Used

For more information on this vehicle please visit:
https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-1981/OAG-AD-14998955

How much is this actually worth. It's been up since I was looking a purchasing. It has very low kms so there isn't anything really comparable.

I'd say $110k if you really wanted it. Interesting to see what everyone else thinks

1 hour ago, davidtran said:

How much is this actually worth. It's been up since I was looking a purchasing. It has very low kms so there isn't anything really comparable.

I'd say $110k if you really wanted it. Interesting to see what everyone else thinks

Originally listed for 149k. I think 110 is probably realistic at present as long as it is as perfect as we think it may be. 

Anyone actually gone for a look? 

Ole's on the turps again. After another 3 price drops in one week in his 10th campaign (after stating a week back "wont take a cent less than 120k) Here's his latest compelling statement - I guess he'll win, over us "losers" who refuse to part with our cash hahhahha

""I am going to take the car back to the uk where its worth more money and buy a 2007 997 3.8 Carrera with gt3 Porsche body kit , for $49,000""

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/SSE-AD-4213656/?Cr=0

3 minutes ago, davidtran said:

Not alot of turnover with 3.2's and 964's of late. When I purchased mine, I told myself that even if I did buy at the top it wouldn't bother me, but it's looking like I have which is a bit crap. Awell. 

Dont torment yourself.. go for sunday drives..not internet trawling carsales...

One drive and one wash down today , the next one will happen in an hour or so

Whats that Oasis Track - Dont Look Back in Anger

It has been a very very rare time for Porsche owners not to have used the D word "depreciation"

its just normal car ownership and these aint no normal cars

Diversify your focus and risk , like many of us , grab a few more , 6 feels like a good number .. you stop looking .. PCAR blues are easily resolved by a few good hard presses on the GO PEDAL.

16 minutes ago, symsy said:

Dont torment yourself.. go for sunday drives..not internet trawling carsales...

One drive and one wash down today , the next one will happen in an hour or so

Whats that Oasis Track - Dont Look Back in Anger

It has been a very very rare time for Porsche owners not to have used the D word "depreciation"

its just normal car ownership and these aint no normal cars

Diversify your focus and risk , like many of us , grab a few more , 6 feels like a good number .. you stop looking .. PCAR blues are easily resolved by a few good hard presses on the GO PEDAL.

Doesn't bother me that much as I'm not planning on selling anytime soon. However it's pretty crappy if you purchased around 12 months ago and are looking to sell now/soon.

I think quite a few of the cars online are there for that reason. 100k might be a pipe dream for SC and 3.2 owners soon - including myself :'(

If interest rates rise soon the sh*t will really hit the fan. 

4 minutes ago, davidtran said:

Doesn't bother me that much as I'm not planning on selling anytime soon. However it's pretty crappy if you purchased around 12 months ago and are looking to sell now/soon.

I think quite a few of the cars online are there for that reason. 100k might be a pipe dream for SC and 3.2 owners soon - including myself :'(

If interest rates rise soon the sh*t will really hit the fan. 

Cool im waiting with cash to buy some more .. rise or fall ;) 

Value is in the ownership experience not the pricetag

2 hours ago, Bluegus73 said:

Well .... this has just come up for $140k ... ??

No doubt engine and suspension work all great ... but $140k for an SC ???

I don’t know the car so apologies if owner is on PFA .... but this is a heap of $$$

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1982/SSE-AD-3578728

Saw that car at the Adelaide rally, bloody rapid piece of kit so it’s worth a lot more than your average SC that’s for sure.

4 hours ago, LeeM said:

Wise words that many an owner should think to themselves ?

Agreed! Devalued my car a little by adding 420km to the mileage today and enjoyed every second! Drove out via Gembrook - Noojee - Icy Creek to Newborough where after a late breakfast spent the morning watch various Porsches race around the Haunted Hills Hill climb circuit. Then returned via Mirboo North and Grand Ridge Road home...

8 hours ago, Bluegus73 said:

Well .... this has just come up for $140k ... ??

No doubt engine and suspension work all great ... but $140k for an SC ???

I don’t know the car so apologies if owner is on PFA .... but this is a heap of $$$

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1982/SSE-AD-3578728

He's right about not being able to build it for the price but it's a super narrow market at that price.  Potentially good buying if y were about to go down the same path with the same budget.    No good buying if you are looking for an SC to Sunday drive.

Here's an interesting one that someone's poured a bit of cash into and overcapitalised by heaps-- wide body conversion, it's back to the future, the 80's all over again! Not a bad looker either, not my cuppa but bet it goes quick;)

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/roleystone/cars-vans-utes/1998-porsche-911-for-sale/1175658321

$_20.JPG

3 minutes ago, davidtran said:

Seems to be a shortage of good SC and 3.2 at present. Sellers might be able to get a bit more if someone is desperate to buy. 

Comes in waves though. Next month there could be 5 for sale at the same time.

I bought mine 1 year and a few days ago. Do look daily to check what is on offer and prices only out of interest and actually keen if prices drop - that way I can buy another!