Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

What is a garage find…..he had not been down stairs for a few weeks, forgot about this 911 and they suddenly he remembered ???

How big is his house ?

I also do like the colour and the interior (from what I can see).  Let's see if he can generate the same interest as the 912 in Toowoomba

So educate me on early 911s...did all the Oz longhoods (e.g the rocking horse E above ) come with rear "Euro" foglights , and was it mandatory??

Edit: blame my old eyes , it's a reflector.  Longhoods down here are RARHS. People are poor.

Does the ad actually offer both engines in the sale price? Doesn't say included, says "available".

I spoke to the guy....interesting.... He has too many Porsches and this one has to go. Has a 2.7 in it, but only drove it once cause it was not the genuine engine. Bought a matching year engine which Hamilton's had as spare. Was built by the factory as a spare and was not removed from a car. Was owned by one of the oarsome foursome.

He only drove it once and has been parked in the garage for 12 months.

Who wants to check it out. In in bne next weekend so plan to have a look then.

He seems FIRM on the price, cos "this is so rare, that's what it's worth"

So educate me on early 911s...did all the Oz longhoods (e.g the rocking horse E above ) come with rear "Euro" foglights , and was it mandatory??

Hi TM are you referring to the reflectors on the rear bumper???  Next to the bumperette???

I spoke to the guy....interesting.... He has too many Porsches and this one has to go. Has a 2.7 in it, but only drove it once cause it was not the genuine engine. Bought a matching year engine which Hamilton's had as spare. Was built by the factory as a spare and was not removed from a car. Was owned by one of the oarsome foursome.

He only drove it once and has been parked in the garage for 12 months.

Who wants to check it out. In in bne next weekend so plan to have a look then.

He seems FIRM on the price, cos "this is so rare, that's what it's worth"

So it's currently got a later engine, and the non original matching year engine is available at an additional cost.

And it has surface rust and a broken tail light due to the rust (that's what I heard)

Anyone?

Is there such a thing as surface rust on these "aged" cars????

If you are serious I suggest you give Mike a call as per T-Mans earlier post.

from the ad:

I'd think if it's been thrashed to within an inch of it's life, it'd have all sorts of wear on the underside from running over chicanes etc. (and I'm pretty sure PCNSW judges are quite through with their judging) I'd have no hesitation in buying it

Agreed, looks far too clean to have had a hard life and concours supports that. Been to plenty of track days and watched guys with fast cars blast down straights and potter around corners. No problem with that, it's the safest place to stretch its legs.

This on the other hand looks pretty ratty inside, ex targa car or similar with signs of bolted in stuff taken out.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2003/AGC-AD-16196507

Speaking of that. Has anyone got Martins number with the 911/30?

I was going to call him last night and ask a couple more questions but he has not got his number listed in the Advert.

He replies promptly to emails, don't ask how I know that......

It needs a good hard look. Owner bought it from WA a couple of months ago, was advertised for $16k. Lots of bog, at least on the bonnet. Gearbox is wrong. Potentially good daily for the right price in my completely amateur opinion!

I spoke to him when he first listed it... I actually thought it sold but since it has re-surfaced, guess not.

When I spoke to him, he said they started to strip it, but decided to sell it. And he did say they had rubbed the bonnet back and painted it MATT BLACK... so not sure if these photos are accurate...

sounds like a $20k car in the current market.

This on the other hand looks pretty ratty inside, ex targa car or similar with signs of bolted in stuff taken out.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2003/AGC-AD-16196507

Wtf happened inside that thing?  The console is trashed!  Does he use it to take his 2 pet dobermans to the beach for a run or something?

I don't know that I'd want to try to drive a GT2RS on Kumhos....

Wtf happened inside that thing?  The console is trashed!  Does he use it to take his 2 pet dobermans to the beach for a run or something?

I don't know that I'd want to try to drive a GT2RS on Kumhos....

wow that looks like its had a short (kms) but hard life...

What am I missing here. $40k spent on go faster gear for a targa. Not wanting to offend the many many targa fans but seriously? Structural regidity of paper mâché. Great cruiser, odd racer.