Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

"ASKING $115,000. CAR INSURED FOR $180,000 BUT VALUE IS ABOVE THAT."   So value is above 180k and ol mate is only taking $115k Geez what a top bloke handing someone more than 65k for nothing!  Tread warily my son .... Would be fast on the track hmmm? Has a lot of performance upgrades including turbos ......

6 hours ago, LeeM said:

Wasn't that the track hack, possibly from WA that was for sale a year or so ago? Swear it had a wing like that on it

I reckon I’ve seen it before as well. Even if a track rat, if looked after it might be worth the dosh. 

3 hours ago, Joz said:

Pretty much sold same day.

Serious seller.

though no mention history of wovr?

2 hours ago, JWM said:

There’s mention in another thread that someone checked it I think, came up clear.

Yes, it was mentioned on the 996 thread...  

Here: 

On 16/06/2023 at 23:27, rafikdous said:

Saw this at the Southern Highlands Cars and Coffee a few weeks ago. Very neat car with a very thorough restoration.

Nephew of mine is interested in this 944 Turbo as an occasional weekend ride.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1986-porsche-944-turbo-manual/OAG-AD-20876812/?Cr=2

He knows nothing about them so asked me about the car reasoning that because I own a few Porsches, I must know something about them...but...the reality is I know pretty much SFA about 944s.

So thought I would post here to see what comments you boffins might have have on the car.

17 hours ago, WGA said:

Nephew of mine is interested in this 944 Turbo as an occasional weekend ride.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1986-porsche-944-turbo-manual/OAG-AD-20876812/?Cr=2

He knows nothing about them so asked me about the car reasoning that because I own a few Porsches, I must know something about them...but...the reality is I know pretty much SFA about 944s.

So thought I would post here to see what comments you boffins might have have on the car.

As above, PPI. At least that way he's got something to negotiate with and can avoid a lemon.