Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I read that thread and came to the conclusion that you'd probably be ironing out faults for some time into the future on that car - IF he's not been driving it a lot, which I imagine is the best way to ensure that everything works as it should.

You'd wanna be a good spanner monkey to own that own I think. I might be wrong obviously and hope I am as it looks really cool.

on the flip side, you could just ignore the oil leaks and drive it

The green targa has been for sale for on-and-off for a while, but previously listed for sale on eBay rather than carsales.

The build thread is documented on Pelican -

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/684017-1976-targa-rebuild-oz.html

Looks like a bit of a Franken-Porsche to me, but not in a good way..................sure it has some potential but would be interested to see what its worth for someone to investigate. 

A more 'original' targa would interest me more - especially in that colour! That NSW one with the hood spot lights comes to mind. :)  

on the flip side, you could just ignore the oil leaks and drive it

True. Obviously you'd want someone to go over it - but remember we are talking about me here, who has no friggin clue on mechanical stuff in general. For the rest of you guys - that car would be brilliant to have.

Looks like a bit of a Franken-Porsche to me, but not in a good way..................sure it has some potential but would be interested to see what its worth for someone to investigate. 

A more 'original' targa would interest me more - especially in that colour! That NSW one with the hood spot lights comes to mind. :)  

We have the same tastes Hugh...cos that one with the spot lights, I love - I've heard the body is a bit rough, but who cares!  Drive it and love it I say.... just like it's current owner is doing.  That car appears in all the NSW PC galleries, its a well loved car that one.

Thats what I'd want - something original with warts and all and a recently rebuilt engine with receipts for the rebuilt engine thanks!

I'd be wary of a land rover that has a non-functioning chassis rust prevention mechanism.

My LR sat in the Tassy bush for 19 years ; the rear X member was rusted out (filled with mud) but the rest was fine  :) It's very substantial steel ; it weighs 1850kg and that's with an alloy body...

Anyway the oil doesn't get on the inside of the chassis , which is the only place you'd want it. As they do with waxoil.

Finally got the pictures sorted. I know it is prohibitively expensive but how nice is it. Love the lines without the whale tail.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/AGC-AD-16414871/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

its nice, but not $100k nice.. a lot of people probably wouldnt take to the burgundy interior. The 3.2 i had also had burgundy interior. Thinking back on it i would have preferred a different colour

The car is nice but the price is....too high. But if you're a collector where are you going to find another one?

At that price, its really just reserved for collectors never to be driven.. which is a shame.. but i guess if you want a car to flog you wont be buying this

in this age of 100k 3.2 carreras i've been giving this a lot of thought since it was posted previously

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1982/SSE-AD-2365110/?Cr=31&sdmvc=1

surely much better value?

I know which I'd prefer! when are you expecting delivery?

in this age of 100k 3.2 carreras i've been giving this a lot of thought since it was posted previously

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1982/SSE-AD-2365110/?Cr=31&sdmvc=1

surely much better value?

86 is arguably not the best year for a 3.2. First of the unleaded so they missed out on the earlier 231hp engine and too early for the later G50. There is a noticeable difference in performance against either earlier or later models and this to me detracts from the Porsche spirit. However with limited supplies of cars at this caliber one can ask the price and see what comes of it.

its nice, but not $100k nice.. a lot of people probably wouldnt take to the burgundy interior. The 3.2 i had also had burgundy interior. Thinking back on it i would have preferred a different colour

Good old Ian gotta love him. Owns a ford dealership and still dabbles in old Porsches on the side.