Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I looked at this 996 on Monday. It drove fine, although I just pootled around the eastern suburbs in the rain.

The car had been traded some time ago, in 'neglected' condition and the $10k 'service/reconditioning' included RMS, IMS, engine mounts, oil separator, clutch and flywheel (!), a major service, and sundry other bits. It's in slightly scruffy condition visually, paint chips, both rear wheels lightly curbed (both?) and it still needs front shocks at ~$2600. So the asking price was not unreasonable; about $4k needs to be spent to make it right. Not concourse, but acceptable. I think it's been for sale for a while, I noted the price drop from $44k to $40k last week.

It passed the PPI today with no surprises, and I bought it. The only other car that I looked at that did it for me was $53k and that had (minor) flaws, was a second choice color and $14000 dearer... I could have hung out for the Savannah interior but the black looks longer lasting.

Now I'm impatient as hell to get into town and collect it!

Congratulations Marvin55. Hope you have a great weekend in the new wheels!

(The black 67 Camaro for 37k on Ebay is tempting though!)

I liked the value of this one: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Camaro-Chevrolet-1967-RS-/261617591492?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3ce99fa4c4

With the extra money you could spend on making it as good to drive as an old Porsche..............Oh, that's why we're on PFA isn't it!

I liked the value of this one: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Camaro-Chevrolet-1967-RS-/261617591492?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item3ce99fa4c4

With the extra money you could spend on making it as good to drive as an old Porsche..............Oh, that's we're on PFA isn't it!

The Rally Sport Camaro. Yeah. Right.  :rolleyes:

Any Porsche is worth it for the handling alone.

With the extra money you could spend on making it as good to drive as an old Porsche..............Oh, that's why we're on PFA isn't it!

Sorry for that price it has to be a scam! There is no way in hell you are going to buy a 67 RS/SS for $18.2k you couldn't buy a rusted out one in the US for that money

I reckon in 10 years time we will all regret that we didn't buy a shed full of Targas when we could have....

Here's hoping that doesn't happen sooner or Amanda won't be able to get into one :(  I'm watching closely that is for sure.  Already they are far scarcer on the market than they were say 18 months ago.

I have a feeling I'll regret that i didn't get this when I could have....  :( I try not to think about it, but in hindsight at $26k driveaway, Aus delivered, on original plates, local Victorian owned its whole life with extensive history.. it was a good car.   As was well documented on PFA, I over thought it.

15434196947_4c01a48b45_b.jpgIMG_2129 by mmanda withers, on Flickr

Wasn't that near $60k or less last time it was advertised?

Sorry purists, but I like it. It'd be bloody loud in the cockpit though