Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

would Gulson's be an option for P-Kay?

I think Inline Steering and Suspension in Queanbeyan is probably your best bet. (I am not speaking from experience though)

Gulsons is very much focused on the new car market, I am sure they could do the PPI but to put it in perspective I am not aware of any of the local Aircooled guys using their services for repairs and maintenance.

Seems cheap. If I didn't already have one I'd be all over that. 

Best of luck with the sale.

Excuses, excuses Hugh,

If I'm not mistaken, you have a C2, not a C4 .......

So now why aren't you all over it, hmmmmm ? ........ ;)

BTW Mattah ..... I also think it's underpriced considering what these have been pulling lately ....

It needs to be cheaper than an Aussie delivered one, but not as much cheaper as you've listed it for ....

My car is up.

I'll see how it goes...

I've got some, If you're going to advertise your vehicle for sale on the forum you should become a financial member to help support the ongoing cost of hosting and running of the place

I've got some, If you're going to advertise your vehicle for sale on the forum you should become a financial member to help support the ongoing cost of hosting and running of the place

Fair is fair.

Heaps of members here who have put up the "Financial Member" dollars to simply promote the sale of their car or item.

Seriously, can't the bloke give us the heads up about a good deal on his car without having to pay for th privilege?

"The bloke" has had 6 posts which all related to the sale of his car. If it is such a "good deal" then why would he need to spruk here . It should almost sell immediately on Carsales considering the current state of the 964 market.

This forum runs on the fuel of people who share the same passion, wether financial members or not. However, it was decided some time ago to only have financial members post items for sale, otherwise this forum would potentially need to support members who only joined for the reason to promote their sale. It may seem a little tough but that's how it is.

I think Inline Steering and Suspension in Queanbeyan is probably your best bet. (I am not speaking from experience though)

Gulsons is very much focused on the new car market, I am sure they could do the PPI but to put it in perspective I am not aware of any of the local Aircooled guys using their services for repairs and maintenance.

Chris at Inline in Queanbeyan would be the best qualified person in the area to do a PPI. He knows an incredible amount about old 911s but he is booked out well in advance so you would need to be flexible. The other option is VW centre in Belconnen. I have not used these people but the owner is right into Porsches and friends have said good things about them. Probably give Gulsons a miss if possible.

Happy to come look at it with you if you need another set of eyes, Alex

"The bloke" has had 6 posts which all related to the sale of his car. If it is such a "good deal" then why would he need to spruk here . It should almost sell immediately on Carsales considering the current state of the 964 market.

This forum runs on the fuel of people who share the same passion, wether financial members or not. However, it was decided some time ago to only have financial members post items for sale, otherwise this forum would potentially need to support members who only joined for the reason to promote their sale. It may seem a little tough but that's how it is.

Good policy too, and not uncommon.  Knowing a bit about the community management side of things what you don't want is an endless streams of 1-post-and-run types.  Any halfway decent 964 on carsales usually gets mentioned by someone here anyway, it probably would have popped up on the thread.

Seriously, can't the bloke give us the heads up about a good deal on his car without having to pay for th privilege?

Good policy too, and not uncommon.  Knowing a bit about the community management side of things what you don't want is an endless streams of 1-post-and-run types.  Any halfway decent 964 on carsales usually gets mentioned by someone here anyway, it probably would have popped up on the thread.

and I'll probably be gone when it's sold anyway.

I think the last quote says it all.

One of the other incidents that lead to PFA to introducing the advertising rules was where a "one-off" joiner advertised parts for sale (a 4 figure sum, if I recall correctly), took hard-earned from a member, and then the seller disappeared with said money without supplying goods as advertised.

The FM does not stop this sort of behaviour, but it does tighten things up.

Chris at Inline in Queanbeyan would be the best qualified person in the area to do a PPI. He knows an incredible amount about old 911s but he is booked out well in advance so you would need to be flexible. The other option is VW centre in Belconnen. I have not used these people but the owner is right into Porsches and friends have said good things about them. Probably give Gulsons a miss if possible.

Happy to come look at it with you if you need another set of eyes, Alex

G'day Alex,

You have been very helpful indeed!

Just having internal discussions with the Minister of Finance

Cheers

Peter

I think the last quote says it all.

One of the other incidents that lead to PFA to introducing the advertising rules was where a "one-off" joiner advertised parts for sale (a 4 figure sum, if I recall correctly), took hard-earned from a member, and then the seller disappeared with said money without supplying goods as advertised.

The FM does not stop this sort of behaviour, but it does tighten things up.

Your points are pretty valid, and looking back on my post history it's a pretty damning indictment of trying to find interest in the car.  I wish I had more time to spend on here, or something to give back, but I simply don't.

To be honest, I wanted to advertise it here first for a bit less, but was (irrationally) put off by the membership fee (irrational considering how much the carsales ad was).  Paid memberships are not something I've generally come across on other forums before.

I've certainly received at least $25 worth of advice from here and other Porsche sites.  I'll be paying for a membership and will post the car up here shortly.  Not sure that will result in a contribution of anything more around the forum, considering I will hopefully soon be Porsche-less, but I guess people might be interested in random other car things!

Paid memberships are not something I've generally come across on other forums before.

A number of lists have a membership option including subforums which offers benefits , keeps the spammers out and helps the site pay it's bills.

Rennlist (all Porsches)

Early S (mostly early 911s)

928 owner's club forum

PFA site will give your car great exposure (& fair but educated scrutiny!)

and many others!

thanks for signing up for Financial Membership mattah. You're always welcome around here Porsche ownership or not.

anyway, now that's cleared up

is there something wrong with me for looking at this? being the cheapest Porsche on carsales I'm not expecting too much, but it'd be fun as another hobby car

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-924-1979/SSE-AD-3114364/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

thanks for signing up for Financial Membership mattah. You're always welcome around here Porsche ownership or not.

is there something wrong with me for looking at this? being the cheapest Porsche on carsales I'm not expecting too much, but it'd be fun as another hobby car

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-924-1979/SSE-AD-3114364/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

Russ, I think the issue with 924s is the availability of parts … there doesn't seem to be the depth available that there is for a 911. That said, sure -- buy it! I'll help pull it apart, or at least drink a beer and watch you pull it apart. 

It would be worth it just for the fresh 911 gearbox wouldn't it? (if it's true)