Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Judging by the markets overseas, I am finding the Aussie one lagging in a lot of areas. 930's were cheaper in the UK and US not long ago. Now..., different story. But looking at Hagerty's valuations, the prices have spiked considerably since 2013..., I noticed an ad or two in the online for someone looking to export Porsches from oz. That's an interesting sign. When do you sell? Or the better question is what do you do if you do sell, and the prices never come back down?

The problem with exporting them is they are not likely to come back. The LCT applies to imports as well as new cars. If the value goes a above the 'luxury' level of ~$60k (60k is luxury, haw haw) the you have to start paying to get the car back in.

So any half valuable car that leaves these shores isn't coming back any time soon.

I reckon the dirty shirt man is keen to sell his 933 manual as he has dropped his price to $79,000 now:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-3164128/?Cr=2

I think it is worth a look if you don't mind doing a bit of cleaning!

EDIT: Just made a 1000 posts!

I guess I need to apologise for some of them now....... :rolleyes:

I reckon the dirty shirt man is keen to sell his 933 manual as he has dropped his price to $79,000 now:

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-3164128/?Cr=2

never trust a man with leaking nipples

I reckon the dirty shirt man is keen to sell his 933 manual as he has dropped his price to $79,000 now:http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-3164128/?Cr=2

I thinking of adding an apology line to my signature...

That 993 still doesn't seem that cheap. There was a nice blue 993 c4 man here in Qld that was listed for two months at $72000.... It appeared to be a Mich better presented car. NOT sure why it took so long to sell...

I think you're being harsh on old yeller. I quite like it, though I wouldn't buy it. Something different from all the black/blue/silver ones around.

Can't help thinking some impact bumpers and shark fins would help break up all that colour though !

Who cares that our kids won't be able to afford property in years to come, the bigger crime is being priced out of a once enthusiast owned market.

This is a solid point. Look at 356 Speesters. They were once the poor cousin, designed for US club racing. Now they are a 1/4 of a million dollar car. 

Speed Yellow is a great colour on a 993..............but the grey interior and those wheels just do not do it for me.

............and at $87K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FOR A TIP

curious.. what's wrong with it not having the Porsche badge?

Is it because it might be from a previous accident repair or purely because it isn't original?

I think prior repair, otherwise whobwoykd bother? Has had a repaint in any case.....would like to know why.

Anyway, if it was a manual I would swap it with my black one. I'm over black cars

A   bigger motor would be more fun, But I think the whole unit would be pushing 800 kilo on a good day, so 1.5 Ltr with some goodies would provide more speed than is legal and more skill than most drivers can handle. :)