Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I've ogled that one every time the owner puts it up for sale which would be about 3 times in the last 2 years. He seems to advertise for a few months then pulls it down.

Looks like the seller forgot to change the details from the last add.

Now has 122,000 for $78K.

"Seller's Comment

Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe with varioram 3.6.engine. Last of the aircooled.

118000 km. The car has leather steering wheel, 16\ alloy wheels, front & rear power windows and air conditioning, driver & passenger airbags, cruise control, power door mirrors and power steering, ABS brakes. Books with complete service history. Absolutely original with no modifications. Always garaged. $72,000."

Looks like the seller forgot to change the details from the last add.

Now has 122,000 for $78K.

"Seller's Comment

Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe with varioram 3.6.engine. Last of the aircooled.

118000 km. The car has leather steering wheel, 16\ alloy wheels, front & rear power windows and air conditioning, driver & passenger airbags, cruise control, power door mirrors and power steering, ABS brakes. Books with complete service history. Absolutely original with no modifications. Always garaged. $72,000."

With that sort of price increase for four thousand kilometres, he should have driven 8000 more and put the price to mid 80

You might need two, says it has 'engine problems' and we all know what that can potentially be! If IMS, then its not even worth $8000 IMHO

A Nate in Canberra who wants a cheap boxsrer, enquiried.

Owner said he went overseas for a few months on return cyl 1 was 'seized'....

Fyi anyone interested. I offered to buy the black 993 in WA sight unseen late last night and never heard back from the seller until early this morning. A local guy in WA went and saw the car last night...and pending final payment, bought the car.

Fyi anyone interested. I offered to buy the black 993 in WA sight unseen late last night and never heard back from the seller until early this morning. A local guy in WA went and saw the car last night...and pending final payment, bought the car.

-1......is that How I say "don't like"

Welcome to my world mate.

Gutted...i was so nervous making the decision to buy without seeing, but honestly as mentioned the seller was more than patient and oblidging in giving me what I needed to make my decision.

If I were him and met someone face to face I guess I would go with what would seem an easier transaction.

Best of luck to the new owner!

Gutted...i was so nervous making the decision to buy without seeing, but honestly as mentioned the seller was more than patient and oblidging in giving me what I needed to make my decision.

If I were him and met someone face to face I guess I would go with what would seem an easier transaction.

Best of luck to the new owner!

I wouldn't stress too much about buying sight unseen .... lots of us on here have done it. ByronBayChris even bought his from the USA through emails alone.

As someone suggested earlier, as long as you do as much due dilligence as is possible from the comfort of your computer and phone, you should be ok ..... calling the servicing mechanic, looking at as many photos as possible, and most importantly, getting a "gut feel" from the owner. Also, there are forum members that would be only too happy to check out a prospective buy for you.

There is always a risk buying sight unseen, just do what you can to minimise them ....

You're right. Although I dont know anyone personally in this forum, reggiegums offered his services for a viewing and report on my behalf and I must say I am extremely grateful.

I too will happily offer my time when possible for PFA members if required in Sydney...40 odd cars in roughly the same years on earth (only two 993's) hopefully I could be useful to somebody for the same reasons reggiegums offered his/her time.

I had small spot on the rear window rubber and another small spot on the front.

I have been told it is apparently quite nornal in those places.

Correct. 964s too

and pending final payment, bought the car.

Make sure the guy has your details in case it falls through

2015-04-04%2011.10.50.png