Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=221741262598

Has this been mentioned before? Hopefully link works from a mobile

What's going on with the rear guards??

What's going on with the references to don't drive it for more than an hour at a time...subtext ...something's a bit rooted?

With a number of cars apparently selling 24-48 hours from listing, doesn't that suggest demand is stronger than supply and as such even higher prices could and should be possible? Hard to believe but that's normally the law of the jungle. Interesting times continue.

I also smell more than a faint whiff of fear, in the current trading space...of been priced out, if you ponder too long while waiting for the 'right confluence of colour option year etc

Last sale sets new expectations and or dread warranted or not

With a number of cars apparently selling 24-48 hours from listing, doesn't that suggest demand is stronger than supply and as such even higher prices could and should be possible? Hard to believe but that's normally the law of the jungle. Interesting times continue.

The last two have sold the same day as posting..

More reflective of a quality product though. Lemons don't sell.

Congrats Turbo but please don't chop it up :( that would be sad to see. 3 owner with all the goodies, its too good to chop up. IMHO of course.. but obviously your $ and your car now, so I'll shut up.

Is that water logged dark blue 964 still in South Melbourne?  Anyone know?  There's a car ready for the CHOP!  :P  :P :P

Congrats Turbo but please don't chop it up :( that would be sad to see. 3 owner with all the goodies, its too good to chop up. IMHO of course.. but obviously your $ and your car now, so I'll shut up.

Is that water logged dark blue 964 still in South Melbourne?  Anyone know?  There's a car ready for the CHOP!  :P  :P :P

Show me where. Couldn't find anyting and with prices climbing this one was too well priced to ignore. I won't be chopping for a while to happy to on sell this one if I find something less worthy of saving.

Is that water logged dark blue 964 still in South Melbourne? Anyone know? There's a car ready for the CHOP! :P:P :P

I agree with you Amanda. I wouldn't cut it up, there's something more satisfying to me about rescuing an otherwise basket case (I'm not talking hopeless cases) .. But it's not my money and as they say you pay the dough you run the show! :lol: that's how it works.

That blue tip in South Melbourne I believe has since moved... There was that thread on it remember?

What's wrong with this one?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/AGC-AD-16410422/?Cr=4

Been on the market for a while and presents well and given the prices lately, the $65k price tag can't be the reason.

Blood spatter in the frunk?

A smell of rotting carcases?

Rusty undercarriage?

Crusty cum stains on the seats?

Puddle of oil underneath?

Does anyone know?

What's wrong with this one?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/AGC-AD-16410422/?Cr=4

Been on the market for a while and presents well and given the prices lately, the $65k price tag can't be the reason.

Blood spatter in the frunk?

A smell of rotting carcases?

Rusty undercarriage?

Crusty cum stains on the seats?

Puddle of oil underneath?

Does anyone know?

Interior?

I asked for a view on imports LHD california cars vs UK and made some comments about Salty cars from my UK home country , so a question , if a car is showing some signs of rust gavanisd or not , be it only minor , whats the recomendation locally for treatment to stops this other than bare metal? Anyone had any luck with 84-88 carreras for example.

Also looked today at the 911 RS replica hot rod today in Melbourne….and a few asked for little report back. This is the first of these type of cars I have looked at, somewhat fuelled over the past few years by the the outlaw phenomenon.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1970/SSE-AD-2766704/?Cr=12

So firstly as you would guess the pictures probably are better than the car.  A few little rust issues, they guy thinks they are like $100 dollar fixes , I would say more like a couple fo grand. 

It is sitting funny for some reason it had to go back for RWC and the ride height has now been raised..doesnt quite look right , although it does have adjustable Koni's.

I personally dont have any experience of a 70's car but door fit passenger side not so good.

Motor sounds fine, athough there is no history, pipe sounds nice, no oil leaks, a little wet along the crankcase but thats about it.

Duttons provided pretty much no history, it does have PCNSW stickers in the back quarter so it must be known somewhere.

Some small cracks in rear boot lid.

On face value the guy looks like he has done 50k kms in the car so it can't be all bad. He has owned for 5 years.

The bonnet fit needs to be looked at although the bonnet has been resprayed, its sitting 0.5cm-1cm too high although straight, A few little other things like heater cover missing under bonnet and I dont know people normally do with these cars , but personally a lot of wiring spagheti under the dashboard appears a littel scary , with other brands of cars and the cost of a new harness with older cars , the last complete harness wrapped and ready to go I did in melbourne for an aston coast me around $1100 and was by far one of the best investments I could have ever made for reliability

Me Im gonna look at another professional back date car first , I sense he wants top dollar , but wouldnt be exactly chuffed if i walked home and parted with my money.

I wonder whats the cost of a 70's shell , a 3.2 , a 915 box or G50 and a couple panels …is it more than 55k? I sense this is the number that the guy would as a minimum let the car change hands.

Cheers

Steve

I asked for a view on imports LHD california cars vs UK and made some comments about Salty cars from my UK home country , so a question , if a car is showing some signs of rust gavanisd or not , be it only minor , whats the recomendation locally for treatment to stops this other than bare metal? Anyone had any luck with 84-88 carreras for example.

Also looked today at the 911 RS replica hot rod today in Melbourne….and a few asked for little report back. This is the first of these type of cars I have looked at, somewhat fuelled over the past few years by the the outlaw phenomenon.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1970/SSE-AD-2766704/?Cr=12

So firstly as you would guess the pictures probably are better than the car.  A few little rust issues, they guy thinks they are like $100 dollar fixes , I would say more like a couple fo grand. 

It is sitting funny for some reason it had to go back for RWC and the ride height has now been raised..doesnt quite look right , although it does have adjustable Koni's.

I personally dont have any experience of a 70's car but door fit passenger side not so good.

Motor sounds fine, athough there is no history, pipe sounds nice, no oil leaks, a little wet along the crankcase but thats about it.

Duttons provided pretty much no history, it does have PCNSW stickers in the back quarter so it must be known somewhere.

Some small cracks in rear boot lid.

On face value the guy looks like he has done 50k kms in the car so it can't be all bad. He has owned for 5 years.

The bonnet fit needs to be looked at although the bonnet has been resprayed, its sitting 0.5cm-1cm too high although straight, A few little other things like heater cover missing under bonnet and I dont know people normally do with these cars , but personally a lot of wiring spagheti under the dashboard appears a littel scary , with other brands of cars and the cost of a new harness with older cars , the last complete harness wrapped and ready to go I did in melbourne for an aston coast me around $1100 and was by far one of the best investments I could have ever made for reliability

Me Im gonna look at another professional back date car first , I sense he wants top dollar , but wouldnt be exactly chuffed if i walked home and parted with my money.

I wonder whats the cost of a 70's shell , a 3.2 , a 915 box or G50 and a couple panels …is it more than 55k? I sense this is the number that the guy would as a minimum let the car change hands.

Cheers

Steve

Cost of a shell (or donor) is based on what you can find and there is slim pickings. The ones I found were all incomplete projects that had been messed around with that they would need a lot to fix up. As low as $20k, but you are then spending a lot on top to fix. From what you are looking at ZAG make these kind of cars so depending on how much you have to spend they might be worth approaching as you get a car built for you. I ended up avoiding looking for 'scraps' to build from and found a good quality working car for $57K

I agree with you Amanda. I wouldn't cut it up, there's something more satisfying to me about rescuing an otherwise basket case (I'm not talking hopeless cases) .. But it's not my money and as they say you pay the dough you run the show! :lol: that's how it works.

That blue tip in South Melbourne I believe has since moved... There was that thread on it remember?

Ahhh ok. I will be in the area tomorrow morning, I'll go past and check. Council probably got sick of PFA'ers asking them about it :)