Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

hmm, the market suggests all is so hot right now, in the aircooled world, cabs, targas coupes what ever. 

Dealers selling cars for massive prices, it seems, yet this seemingly nice au delivered 993 example has been sitting for ages, and now the owner is getting eager to move on, I don't get it.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1997/SSE-AD-2925872/?Cr=82

I'm sticking to my MINI :)  for a lot longer now, like maybe 3 - 4 years.  This is silly.

Or just buy this for $13K. Unless MrsMcRev beats you to it. ;) Would compliment her white Cayenne nicely!

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191574031267?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

i need to know what this sells for as i have NFI what to tell the damn insurance company our is worth

even though this one is a weak colour any yardstick would be great..

You should call them, put on an English accent, and express interest to part with your 'lady gadivers' weighing heavily in your 'sky rocket.' I am assuming you can do a cockney accent..

I would say you have done well. With 3.6's being advertised for 200,000pounds ++ in the UK, and 'S's' closer to 500,000 pounds...a 3.3 has to be going up in value fast. Not many around but found a few at around the 100,000 mark. So my guess is that they would be wanting at least $200,000, but they were asking that for a low km 930 the other day, so you might want to add another $50k...+++

You have a problem many of us would love to have :)

Or just buy this for $13K. Unless MrsMcRev beats you to it. ;) Would compliment her white Cayenne nicely!

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191574031267?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hey Trev, if Mrs McRev buys it can I borrow the Cayenne for the next motorkhana??  :rolleyes:

Cheers Steve

hmm, the market suggests all is so hot right now, in the aircooled world, cabs, targas coupes what ever. 

Dealers selling cars for massive prices, it seems, yet this seemingly nice au delivered 993 example has been sitting for ages, and now the owner is getting eager to move on, I don't get it.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1997/SSE-AD-2925872/?Cr=82

The market is very picky - an auto, cab, non-S just doesn't command the $$$

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3401306?WT.seg_4

Just in case you weren't sure, he had to point out there has been a massive price hike in these cars...

And you'd be dreamin' if you think that for $259K you get BOTH sets of wheels!

Yes, the ad reads a bit douchey doesn't it. I'd be getting both sets thrown in for that sort of coin.

Silver/red though - nice.

More than two tickets and you might aswell torch it. The car is barely worth more

Just remember not to play games at the lights  ;) Esp not when it's raining

the 928 was capable of easily out-accelerating every version of the 911 sold during its lifetime except the 964 generation 911 Turbo, a car difficult to extract the most from in track situations. In addition, the 928's predictable handling, aided by its superior 50/50 weight distribution, made it a competent on-track match for the 911 in nearly any real-world situation.

Just remember not to play games at the lights  ;) Esp not when it's raining

the 928 was capable of easily out-accelerating every version of the 911 sold during its lifetime except the 964 generation 911 Turbo, a car difficult to extract the most from in track situations. In addition, the 928's predictable handling, aided by its superior 50/50 weight distribution, made it a competent on-track match for the 911 in nearly any real-world situation.

If you keeping talking them up Tazzie, everyone will want one! :ph34r:

If you keeping talking them up Tazzie, everyone will want one! :ph34r:

No they wont because they aren't iconic and quaint enough! No VW heritage you see,

I'm gradually buying up all stock and stacking them in a barn. They'll make useful parts cars in the unlikely scenario mine breaks down or needs repair. 

Dutton's have a stunning red 1973 rs in their front window at the moment.

Any one willing to guess how much they want for it?

Not on their website yet. I did not go in and ask.

One million plus I would expect