Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

My impression of the yellow peril from the wording in the ad is it's actually a 1976 911S with a 930 Turbo engine fitted.  Did you think it was worth returning to orig thinking it was a 930 or a 911S?

To be honest the car has been chopped up so much it's hard to tell what is original (and i haven't checked Vins) But I had assumed it was originally a 76 930 because of the mention of the 3.0l engine. I thought 911S's had a 2.7 but might be wrong. But with non matching engine, G-box, body etc etc, this car is what it is  - a big yellow hot rod with a bit too much wanna be RWB for me ;)

Edited by turboT

Anyone seen any 76-77 C3's for sale of late?

Apart from the Talbot Yellow one for 135k already posted the only other one that popped up lately was wasserkuhl silver one which I believe wasserkuhl is hanging onto for the moment but you never know.

Are you on the hunt for another or considering selling yours?

Two solid additions to this thread Billy... :) 

I'm a little unsure as to why the seller of the RS is understating the delivery numbers though!  17 for Australia and 682 is the total production number.

4 cars produced in 2003.
678 Cars produced in 2004.

Will watch that with interest.... 

Edited by edgy
Updated with numbers

From memory the last one that sold here was closer to 200k maybe a year ago? 325k seems to be quite a price tag - would you regard it to be twice as good as a stock 996 GT3? 

Objectively no, subjectively.... well :lol: 

It's an RS at the end of the day, so who knows? Whether it sells for near asking or not now, only time will tell... but they'll continue to increase and that will only push non RS up with it. 

From memory the last one that sold here was closer to 200k maybe a year ago? 325k seems to be quite a price tag - would you regard it to be twice as good as a stock 996 GT3? 

Well known Tas owner always told me this is not a road car...way too harsh, too low etc. So of more value to hardcore track guy or collector.

Your spouse will not enjoy riding side saddle, believe me.

Regarding the 'A' I hope he get's it.  Will do wonders for my '56 Hamilton delivered one with 56k miles on it.

re the 6/3 RS CTS have sold one of these in the last 6 months or so for $200-210k from memory.

Apart from the Talbot Yellow one for 135k already posted the only other one that popped up lately was wasserkuhl silver one which I believe wasserkuhl is hanging onto for the moment but you never know.

Are you on the hunt for another or considering selling yours?

Hey, Ben,

Not considering selling. Just wondering how far down the slope to go with the planned restoration!

I want to have fun with the car as in reduce the weight a little and some minor hot rodding but retain the original parts for an easy return to factory original.

No plans to sell so I figured we could rod it a little then if have to sell at some point it would just be a matter of bolting on the original gear.

Thoughts are:

Carrera 3.0 RS bumpers

Minilite wheels

Chrome flag mirrors

carbon fibre (unpainted) deck lid & bonnet

CIBIE bonnet spotties

Recaro seats

All original interior

Car re-painted factory Platinum

and that's about it

Oh, and engine & suspension upgrades.

Didn't RSR/Duttons advertise one around a year ago for $170/$180?

It was one of those <24 hour ads.

It's 6.13 times as rare.

Edited by KGB

Agree. There were 164, 996 GT3's officially delivered to Australia. It's claimed that 10, GT3 RS were delivered here. Aside from the difference in spec, that GT3 RS is a very rare car.

Not correct, there was total 181 delivered here of that: 90 Mk1's & 91 Mk2's  17 of the Mk2 cars were RS.  (so your 164 is plus RS)

But you're very right  in that its a very very rare car... 

I think the more interesting numbers will be how many of these GT3's are left, many are written off and lots going to UK lately. 

6 GT2's... forget it, almost in the same league as RS if not more scarce. 

Edited by edgy

Not correct, there was total 181 delivered here of that: 90 Mk1's & 91 Mk2's  17 of the Mk2 cars were RS.  (so your 164 is plus RS)

I think the more interesting numbers will be how many of these GT3's are left, many are written off and lots going to UK lately. 

Thanks for the clarification, Edgy <thumbs up>. 

:)

don't ask me why but a number of cars seem to be going to Indonesia lately air cooled and water cooled - I believe a GT3 and a GT3 RS from Oz may have headed to Jakarta......

We need to start a GT3 survivors registry Edgy...

don't ask me why but a number of cars seem to be going to Indonesia lately air cooled and water cooled - I believe a GT3 and a GT3 RS from Oz may have headed to Jakarta......

We need to start a GT3 survivors registry Edgy...

Well I don't know where you can really enjoy one in Jakarta... :lol: its a really terrible car to sit in traffic with!

I'm happy to work on the register with you, that is something I wanted to add to our site... another member said he's keen on contributing. 

Well I don't know where you can really enjoy one in Jakarta... :lol: its a really terrible car to sit in traffic with!

I'm happy to work on the register with you, that is something I wanted to add to our site... another member said he's keen on contributing. 

Mate, plenty of super wealthy people in Indonesia - I'm expecting the cars will be in a humidity controlled garage or on a private track -  cant see them in Jakarta peak hour ;)

Send me a PM, lets get the GT3 register started

996 GT2 - 29 in total delivered to Australia (18 in 2002, 3 in 2003, 8 in 2004), compared with 181 996GT3

I know of a few that have been crashed and wrecked.  A couple of workshops have suggested up to half have been written off so perhaps 15 - 20 remaining.  Not quite as rare as 996 GT3 RS but not far off.  RS is obviously an RS though.

I had a half hearted attempt to track down the GT2s in Aus in a separate thread but without VIN etc, you can easily double count cars that have changed hands.  I think several are owned or know to PFA'ers.

Mate, plenty of super wealthy people in Indonesia - I'm expecting the cars will be in a humidity controlled garage or on a private track -  cant see them in Jakarta peak hour ;)

Send me a PM, lets get the GT3 register started

Oh yeah, plenty of ballers in Jakarta! My dad is from Indo.. Alas from Bandung and not a baller... ? 

will PM you. 

996 GT2 - 29 in total delivered to Australia (18 in 2002, 3 in 2003, 8 in 2004), compared with 181 996GT3

I know of a few that have been crashed and wrecked.  A couple of workshops have suggested up to half have been written off so perhaps 15 - 20 remaining.  Not quite as rare as 996 GT3 RS but not far off.  RS is obviously an RS though.

I had a half hearted attempt to track down the GT2s in Aus in a separate thread but without VIN etc, you can easily double count cars that have changed hands.  I think several are owned or know to PFA'ers.

GT2's are a tricky one... I wonder if you can get the delivery stats from PCA? 

I've found the whereabouts of a couple of very interesting GT2s lately...... One is only a few streets away of all places. ? 

$325K sure sounds a lot...but I can see the day it'll be $500K not being all that far away.

I remember seeing one for about $170K when I were looking for my car 3 years ago...It was "only" about $100K over my budget back then...

But damn that thing looks horn.

Seriously seeing that makes me doubt why i'd build an aircooled hotrod or 73RS replica.  Why not grab a cheap 996 donor and just go full GT3RS replica?  I think it would be a waaay better car, and probably cheaper too!