Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Not anymore. Especially LHD or classic cars. I've been talking to them 5 minutes after my post above, and they said I would have to buy it, book an inspection, then see what happens. The speedster above has obviously been built well and passed Vic inspections, yet that means nothing over here

I have recently been told about some Porsches being bought from interstate in the past 12 months, RHD and LHD, failing stringent inspections and even confiscating the cars for whatever reason.

What has happened after that I don't know, but its put the wind up me with my LHD car thats for sure

Not quite, more to do with a highly modified apple with too many being compared to a standard apple with the correct number. 

ah, yep that's the point. With the price gap what it is today, it's possible to buy and mod a C4, for less than buying a stock C2 and you're driving and enjoying a sorted and fresh car at a lower entry point. 

Anyone seen the 86 930 UK import turbo at CTS? $190k apparently....

yes, has been discussed here, turbot and I checked it out last weekend, black 930's look stunning!

FYI: That black 930 Turbo at CTS was offered to us over 2 months ago privately. They did not allow a PPI of any sort.

A lot of coin to risk without a PPI. I know this was also covered before, however I think it's a little unreasonable.

Lorbek just listed this 308 GT4 today.  I don't see the car in the background advertised yet though.

May be worth a call if anyone's interested.

06f3eefded821e7405dd78b5f1468de9.3_zpsun

Will they trade an air-cooled Porker?

I always liked these, and they grow on me more as time goes by.

FYI: That black 930 Turbo at CTS was offered to us over 2 months ago privately. They did not allow a PPI of any sort.

Yeah, no, that's not on.

they seem to be up for ppis - just not with Autohaus, which is a shame as these would be the guys i know and trust. They use the guy in Glebe alot 

autohaus  provide a forensic PPI -perhaps should include photos and could provide a bit more context but thorough - typically their pricing for is 2-3 X that of some other operators…Cavaco and others also do solid PPI's, just some (PPI's) will require you to take a bigger leap. All cities unlike Canberra has choice and most of the shops provide good service though as mr fish says…its who i trust...

BUT get a PPI - unless you know the car  and or it has tons of paperwork and or you know the shop that has been doing the work. Even then consider getting  a PPI 

If its cheap enough and you can dirty your hands, what the heck - then take the punt. 

Edited by michel

they seem to be up for ppis - just not with Autohaus, which is a shame as these would be the guys i know and trust. They use the guy in Glebe alot 

The commercial issue may be that Autohaus are competative traders in the same market as CTS. 

Cavaco and others don't don't trade in cars.

Will they trade an air-cooled Porker?

I always liked these, and they grow on me more as time goes by.

Yeah, no, that's not on.

Except they want $100K for it. They may get there one day, but on no planet around here are 308 GT4's worth anything like that kind of money. Shame they painted the chrome work too, that just doesn't work at all. 

Cheap track car? 996 GT3 Cup under $50k

http://www.my105.com/mobi/ListingDetails/p/1/cid/518/id/16208

The running costs are out of this world. 

autohaus  provide a forensic PPI -perhaps should include photos and could provide a bit more context but thorough - typically their pricing for is 2-3 X that of some other operators…Cavaco and others also do solid PPI's, just some (PPI's) will require you to take a bigger leap. All cities unlike Canberra has choice and most of the shops provide good service though as mr fish says…its who i trust...

BUT get a PPI - unless you know the car  and or it has tons of paperwork and or you know the shop that has been doing the work. Even then consider getting  a PPI 

If its cheap enough and you can dirty your hands, what the heck - then take the punt. 

I had my car inspected by Carlso at Cavaco when purchasing from CTS - they guy gives you a straight up hand written report.

I also know CTS can be funny about releasing consigned cars for a PPI but keep pushing them.