Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

So that's the one from Adelaide right?

I thought it looked familiar.......so much for the enthusiast......

Yeah it has to be, both cars in question are silver painted to burgundy and same year car etc.!

What are your guys thoughts on C3s in todays market? If 3.2's and 2.7's fetching big money, 3's must be the one to have?

So that's the one from Adelaide right?

I thought it looked familiar.......so much for the enthusiast......

That story sounds a little familiar .... can you refresh my memory of what happened and why it sold "so cheap" ....

Lets face it .... $65k in todays market seems underpriced.

Hi guys that's my old Porsche from Vic. I'm happy to be corrected but i sold it for $65k as it wasn't perfect and allowed someone to either keep it and spend the money on it. But obviously the new owner thinks it's worth $90k without putting a spanner on it. Much rather have DAF911 for that kind of money 

Hi guys that's my old Porsche from Vic. I'm happy to be corrected but i sold it for $65k as it wasn't perfect and allowed someone to either keep it and spend the money on it. But obviously the new owner thinks it's worth $90k without putting a spanner on it. Much rather have DAF911 for that kind of money 

Your car looks very good for 65k Spike! If I was him. I would drive that thing to its end and know that down the line it would still be worth plenty of $$$... But rather, not even bother to enjoy it?... :(

I take it its not a 3.o either (despite the badging being left on)?

Edited by Claywong

thx cal, you are correct it isnt a 3.0c that would of been nice :) and I would have kept it in the garage if it was. Just a 2.7 and it had the tail added in 2002. the new owner has 2 other porsche's an 81sc and 964 wide body.

It was a really nice car to drive and never caused me any issues, just temperamental if left sitting for any period of time. I suspect valve guides is the issue which is why i didnt put a massive price on it, I felt that was what it was worth. which the next owner could fix it and paint it its original color and have a really nice car. But i suspect it would cost prob 10k for motor as you just dont know what you will find when you pull a 2.7 apart and at least 15k - 20k for paint being a full respray plus new seals, rubbers etc and it would all add up.

Spike, I've got a '76 that's a good, solid but by no means great car, and i work with DAF911. I've driven all his cars over the years and the silver 911 is definitely a helluva lot more car than mine!

If you're going to scam people a slightly good deal works better than a completely ridiculous bargain.  So a 930 for $55k would get people intrigued but at $15k the scam-o-meter goes into the red.

but then scammers often make ads ridiculous to sort out the mildly intelligent from the easy mark to reduce their response rate.  It's costly in time to answer a lot of emails.

Yeah it has to be, both cars in question are silver painted to burgundy and same year car etc.!

What are your guys thoughts on C3s in todays market? If 3.2's and 2.7's fetching big money, 3's must be the one to have?

Do you guys actually pay attention to the details of cars?

Clearly not!