Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

The 996 appears to be the forgotten cousin at the moment and surely values must have bottomed out. If they get much cheaper they will be bought by people who can't afford to look after them and that would be sad.

I looked at an 02 Targa the other day which seemed great value at 55k. This 4S would be a great buy if it's as good as the add says. 

Having said that early 997s could be had for just  20k more. 

no details really. Just a "three to choose from" comment.  Odd to drop $30k in one hit. Maybe urgent sale for end of month ? Increase tomorrow ?

No details of mechanical work either

But assuming they "check out as ok" that seems like a good price point to me. I'm not into LHD so I don't know the market, but if they were RHD surely they would be double that???

If they check out, then ship them to the USA and get double. $90aud is around $63usd at the moment.

And I am sure they don't get the ridiculous taxes we do. $63K is probably $63k...

Now both showing $89,990 ..... 5.15pm

Surely good value at that price???

'X-mas special' - probably get two for $150k on boxing day ;) 

Out of the 2 which one do you think is better in value the 69T or 71T if the body & mechanicals are all ok on both?

I was wondering the same thing .... not in the market but like to keep an eye out and learn along the way ...

I guess it would almost come down to which colour took your fancy ... unless I'm missing something and one of them is more special for whatever reason ...

is this yours?

maybe next year. Mines a 1990 with black interior. From a post on another thread I recon this is reggigums. Looks very like the one that sold 4-5 months back in Melbourne that sat for a while until the owner fixed some stuff and put it back on the market. Had the same tan/red colour combo. 

That said, 'common red' so could be different ;)

price is pretty much what I'd be asking for mine though. Let's hope he gets noticed among the sea of red and cabs!

Out of the 2 which one do you think is better in value the 69T or 71T if the body & mechanicals are all ok on both?

Both ads contain little detail unfortunately (possibly intentional) The 69 is most likely a SWB , has a 2.0L and would be my personal preference of the two. The 71 being the later car is a LWB and has a 2.2 - ultimately it would come down to condition, matching numbers, paint codes etc. 

Providing they all checked out and were in equal condition the 69 would be my pick more so due to the SWB factor as this appeals to me. Each to their own though.