Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

bargain!  I dare someone to call him and  ask if it's import ?

Says import in first line of ad. Here's another import same price really.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2004/OAG-AD-4157694/?Cr=3

Both about $20 - $25 under Aussie s's - about the price difference you'd expect for any Porsche model import vs Aus del at that price range?

A week or so ago, I ran a Google search for "Porsche 944 Turbo for sale".  This one came up, for a 1988 Turbo S Silver Rose, the Holy Grail of 944 Turbos...

http://www.quicksales.com.au/ad/1988-porsche-944-turbo-s-silver-rose-coupe-2dr-man-5sp-2-5t-imp/11397012

$9,000 - too good to be true, right?  So I sent off an email, just to see what happens, and received the reply below, just this morning...

Hello,

I still have the car Porsche 944 for sale and I am ready to let it go. The car is in perfect condition, exactly as you see in the pictures. No mechanical problems, no leaks, no rust, everything is in very good order. Title is clean and clear, no accidents. I have to sell this car as fast as I can because in two weeks I will be in Afghanistan and I think I'll stay there for a while,  that's why I'm selling it so cheap. Currently I'm in a military base and the car is here with me. I can ship for free anywhere in Australia if you want to buy it. I will appreciate if you let me know your decision as soon as possible, I must sell the car in the next two weeks, before my deployment.

I attached some photos and let me know if you like the car.

Best Regards

3-1-57-57%201.jpg

3-1-57-57%202.jpg

3-1-57-57%203.jpg

3-1-57-57%205.jpg

3-1-57-57%204.jpg

Classic scam, according to my reading and BS meter, just wondering how far to go with a response...  Any suggestions?

Here's what I sent:

Hi

Looks great, when can I have a look at it?  Prepared to travel to see.

Regards

Rob

Here's the response I received tonight:

Hello again ,

As I mentioned in my previous e-mail at this moment I am in RAAF Base Tindal, NT military base, getting ready for Afghanistan, and I have the car with me. I'm in a special training program before my deployment and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or have visitors.I can ship the car to you  without problems using DHL Express from army transport and logistic system. You will receive the car along with all the documents.

As for the payment I can start a transaction through DHL Express. All I need is your full name and  address so I can contact them and after that they will contact you to explain the entire procedure without any obligation to buy it or fees.They act as a third party and will protect both of us in this transaction.You'll make the payment in an DHL Express managed trust fund! After that, I send it over ( the car will be delivered with the title, owner's manual, service records, and of course the bill of sale authorized and signed by me). You will have 7 days inspection period on it from the day you'll receive the car, you can inspect it, take it to a mechanic to check it out, ride it and then if you decided to keep it, you'll confirm to DHL Express the sale. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car ( even though I can assure you that it is exactly as described, in excellent condition), you can return it at my expense for a full refund of your money, no hidden or extra cost for you. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see it before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns you will have

7 days to inspect it and I think this is more than fair for both of us.I tried to explain as best I can but if you have further questions do not hesitate to contact me. I will wait your details (full name and shipping

address) if we have a deal.

Here's what I sent back:

Hi

Just a little curious about the registration number - Just ran a Qld rego check on the number plate - 17TCB - it belongs to a 1999 Mercedes-Benz S430 sedan.  What's the story here?

Thanks

Rob

Here's what I sent:

Hi

Regards

Rob

Hello again ,

As I mentioned in my previous e-mail at this moment I am in RAAF Base Tindal, NT military base, getting ready for Afghanistan, and I have the car with me. I'm in a special training program before my deployment and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or have visitors.I can ship the car to you  without problems using DHL Express from army transport and logistic system. You will receive the car along with all the documents.

As for the payment I can start a transaction through DHL Express. All I need is your full name and  address so I can contact them and after that they will contact you to explain the entire procedure without any obligation to buy it or fees.They act as a third party and will protect both of us in this transaction.You'll make the payment in an DHL Express managed trust fund! After that, I send it over ( the car will be delivered with the title, owner's manual, service records, and of course the bill of sale authorized and signed by me). You will have 7 days inspection period on it from the day you'll receive the car, you can inspect it, take it to a mechanic to check it out, ride it and then if you decided to keep it, you'll confirm to DHL Express the sale. If by any reason, you will not be satisfied with the car ( even though I can assure you that it is exactly as described, in excellent condition), you can return it at my expense for a full refund of your money, no hidden or extra cost for you. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see it before committing to buy and to eliminate any concerns you will have

7 days to inspect it and I think this is more than fair for both of us.I tried to explain as best I can but if you have further questions do not hesitate to contact me. I will wait your details (full name and shipping

Here's what I sent back:

Hi

Just a little curious about the registration number - Just ran a Qld rego check on the number plate - 17TCB - it belongs to a 1999 Mercedes-Benz S430 sedan.  What's the story here?

Thanks

Rob

Ahhh, you should have told him he's got a deal and given him the details he needed.  Lance Corporal Rob Roboski, address is currently Blamey Barracks in Kapooka...waiting deployment.

Hi

Thanks

Rob

there was a similar scam on a 76 930 a few months back. Almost the same script. Bored at work one day I thought I'd string him along abit asking him how big his gun was, how many 'fit' lads were in his regiment - stuff like that. After about the third reply got abit bored of that aswell and just wrote back...

"Mate, you're a dick"

to give him credit he did have the vin of a 76 930 though ;) 

Here's what I sent:

Hi

Regards

Rob

Hello again ,

Here's what I sent back:

Hi

Thanks

Rob

Sounds like a cracking deal, and Rob seems like a stand up kind of bloke.  He's being pretty generous there with the 7 day return and no obligation to buy.  What are you waiting for? 

Talking about this one last night with GusTv. I had assumed all gen 2 turbos were PDK but turns out they did have a manual option. If this one checks out its potentially a quite rare car. Price is also good for a gen 2.

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/Porsche-911-2009/OAG-AD-12237394/?WT.z_driver=RecentCar

19F19926-7C96-418B-8F16-6E68145511E5_zps

But it has the 997.1 tail lights and front bumper? Confused.

Sounds like a cracking deal, and Rob seems like a stand up kind of bloke.  He's being pretty generous there with the 7 day return and no obligation to buy.  What are you waiting for? 

OOPs, I read it as Rob was the guy (allegedly) selling the car.  My bad.;)

Hagerty data that combines public auction sales and private sales shows that the 1974-77 Porsche 911 has increased the most in average sale price of any classic car this year, with a jump of 154 per cent in value over 2014.

The Cinderella 911 until recently...

They all go up eventually. 928 prices are heading north in Europe from all accounts and they aren't dropping in price downunder from what I've noticed. 

Even so , the bubble has popped on a global basis. Just because they are advertised , doesn't mean they sell , as many of you have observed.

According to the add, 'It's not for you'... Odd thing to say!?!

subtext: drivers dreamers and dags who dont  need ( or care) the  car park cred that comes with incessantly chanting ...but  it's an oz delivered... only need apply